No announcement yet.

3rd ACR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluesman I'm sure he's going in with a lot of your "experience" in his ears ,and will a tower of strength when he's feeling down. The change in his demeanour on his first home visit will shock you,in a good way of course:) Good luck to him

Comment

grats, even if he is going as a Delta and not a Kilo. Just remember to tell him that if he is going as a scout his job is to observe and report, not be observed, draw fire and let others report.

Comment

Bluesman, you must be very proud , and from what I read it would appear he will make you even prouder............I salute him........FEAR NAUGHT
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
          Junior Bluesman signed papers and swore the Oath of Enlistement yesterday. It's now an Army of Another One.:)

He leaves for Ft. Knox, the Home of the United States Cavalry - in July. He's moving out of MY house next week, to go spend some time with some buddies in Atlanta until then.

Proud of that man.
          You've got a right to be immensely proud. Heck, I've even got a smile on MY face.
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Bluesman give my congrats to Jr.
            In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
            The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
              Bluesman give my congrats to Jr.
              Come up for the party, and you can shake his hand yourself!

Is it something you'd consider? You're welcome if you can make it, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                You've got a right to be immensely proud. Heck, I've even got a smile on MY face.
                Can't wait to see him with spurs and a Stetson...

Comment

I've got to echo the Sgt-Maj Sappersgt. All I can picture is the big grin on your face. My compliments to your son, Master-Sergeant ... and also to his father.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                    Come up for the party, and you can shake his hand yourself!

Is it something you'd consider? You're welcome if you can make it, of course.
                    Still trying to see if time will allow. I will certainly try to make it up.
                    The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Congratulations Bluesman and the same to your son,

I am sure he will make your wife and you proud.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sir,

Please pass on my Compliments to your Son. Congratulations to you and your wife.

Comment

WELL then.

I figgered it's about time I revealed what our weekend in Key West was like.

Fun. Mostly. If you've ever been on Duval Street during St. Patty's Day, you'll know you pretty much wear a silly grin the whole time. Unless you're taking a drink, that is; why let that beautiful Guiness go onto your shirt instead of into your belly, just because you're grinning like a mule eating saw-briars?

But back to the NOT-so-fun part. If you're wondering why this story is in this thread, well, there is a lot of my son in it, and he was the topic when this thread died out. You know, how danged PROUD we are of the li'l nipper, an' all.

WELL then. He had one of his buddies that he's known since we were in Ft. Meade fly down here (we even bought him the ticket), and he accompanied us to Key West. Plan was to come back to Tampa and these two would go back to the other guy's house in Atlanta: my son wanted to move out and live on his own with his pal before leaving for the Army in July. Said youngster also recently joined the Army, so PV2 Blueskid and PV2 Bluesbuddy were going to spend some time together cruisin' the town. I told 'em to look out for each other and don't do nothin' dumb.

I should've taken my own advice.

Bluesbuddy shows up at our domicile at 0500 Sunday morning DEAD DRUNK, and Blueskid is nowhere in sight. Both are 19; under-age for drinking.

Lt. Bluesman and I head for Duval, last known location, with the absolute certainty that we're not going to be able to find him, no matter what's happened. We see a cop going into a diner, though, so we stop him to ask if he knows anything about it.

Now, there must've been over 300 cops on duty in Key West that night, and we run into the ONE GUY that picked up our son and threw him in the drunk tank. Oh, ain't I just the proud poppa?

ANYhoo, we went and got him later that morning, and he doesn't remember what happened, nor how he got all the scrapes on his back. According to the cop, he was found on a guy's front porch, bellowing for the guy to come out and fight him, and there's simply no way to know WHAT the hell was going on.

Bluesbuddy apparently had a similar adventure, as evidenced by the fat lip and busted front tooth. Neither young soldier remembers anything after the first bar, and getting their fake IDs taken away from them.

I gave 'em the Platoon Sergeant's Best Rip for about thirty minutes. After that, I gave 'em a serious talking-to about the 75,582 different ways that could've gone bad.

He's out of the house as of 1000 this morning. He's dam' lucky I let him go, and didn't either lock him in his room, or throw him out the door with just the clothes on his back, but he's gone now.

JAYZUS. What an absolutely Army thing to do. He's gonna fit right in.

Comment

Oh the joys of youth Bluesman,...you would be like me I am sure never ever would have dreamed of getting into such a situaion
                            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

I don't get it. How are all the guys who go into the Army the type who black out. I know for me, I don't forget anything that happened and completely loose my senses, no matter how drunk, and I've been drunk enough to where colors are medling in my mind. Not to the point of passing out on a guy's porch yelling for him to come fight. Maybe people go thru some physiological change once they sign their name on the dotted line.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                                I don't get it. How are all the guys who go into the Army the type who black out. I know for me, I don't forget anything that happened and completely loose my senses, no matter how drunk, and I've been drunk enough to where colors are medling in my mind. Not to the point of passing out on a guy's porch yelling for him to come fight. Maybe people go thru some physiological change once they sign their name on the dotted line.
                                easy you cant drink as much as us Army types
                                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Working...
                                X