New Drawing - New Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drawing - New Trouble?

Came across the following while scanning the mornings news summary on Danish Television Text news.

DR1 S144 søn 16 apr 03:46:27
    DR NYHEDER UDLAND 21:32

ITALIENSK BLAD VISER MUHAMMED I HELVEDE

Det italienske katolske magasin Studi
    Cattolici har offentliggjort en
    karikaturtegning af profeten Muhammed i
    Helvede.

Redaktøren Cesare Cavalleri siger at
    han "ikke håber, at denne tegning vil
    føre til angreb, for hvis det sker, vil
    det kun bevise de islamiske
    ekstremisters idiotiske holdninger".

- Nogle gange kan politisk ukorrekte
    satiriske tegninger gøre noget godt,
    siger Cavalleri.

Tegningen har vakt bestyrtelse blandt
    muslimske organisationer i Italien.

111 UDLAND dr.dk/nyheder

ITALIAN MAGAZINE SHOWS MOHAMMED IN HELL

Studi Cattolici has published a caricature drawing of the Prophet Mohammed in Hell.
    The editor, Cesare Cavalleri says that he:” hopes that this drawing won’t lead to confrontations, because if that occurs, it will only be further evidence of the idiotic attitudes of the Islamic extremists”.
    Cavalleri goes on to say:” There are times that a political incorrect satirical drawing can be beneficial”.
    The drawing has aroused consternation among Muslim organizations in Italy.

Translation: Amled
    Just as the flames resulting from the publication of the Mohammed drawings were starting to die down someone made the decision to fan the flames.
    The "Studi Cattolici" ("Catholic Studies"); is a monthly magazine published in Italy, and closely tied to“Opus Dei” which is probably the most powerful and conservative lay organization within the Roman Catholic Church.

http://www.opusdei.org/

http://www.mond.at/opus.dei/

Seen in the wake of the havoc caused by the publication of the drawings in Jyllands Posten, the new drawing in Studi Cattolici is almost sure to deepen the divide between Muslims and non-Muslims.
    This especially seen in light of the magazines affiliation to Opus Dei, and its ties to the Catholic Church.
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

i think most people are sick of it and will just ignore it.

people make it out like it's the first picture ever, i've seen depictions of the prophet Muhammed before, i didn't consider them correct considering my views and those of other muslims, but i didn't actaully give a dman about them.

Comment

Working...
    X