Wahhabism rejects Al Qaeda violence, says Saudi envoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahhabism rejects Al Qaeda violence, says Saudi envoy

Saturday, April 15, 2006 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Wahhabism rejects Al Qaeda violence, says Saudi envoy

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: Prince Turki al-Faisal, the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States, has said that Wahhabism rejects the type of violence advocated by Osama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda terrorist network.

Now on a “listening tour” of the United States, Prince Turki has been speaking to community associations, foreign policy groups and university students. He says his goal is simple. He wants to explain that Saudis share many of the same values as Americans, that the country is a reliable ally in the war on terrorism and that the desert kingdom and centre of Islam is modernising its society.

According to James Morrison, who writes a diplomatic news column for the Washington Times, at the World Affairs Council of Seattle, the Saudi envoy was asked what he would like Americans to know about his country. “The first, of course, is that we are pretty much human beings. We didn’t come from Mars or Pluto, although we do wear skirts,” he replied. He said Saudis like Americans want a better life for their children and their grandchildren, to live in peace and harmony and to be contributing to the betterment of the world. He said there were many misconceptions about his country, including the role of the Wahhabi sect of Islam, the status of women, the nation’s modern economy and its initial steps toward some form of democracy. He said most of what is popularly known about the orthodox brand of Saudi Islam is based on “ignorance of and misunderstanding of where we come from.”

Prince Turki said his country is moving forward on improving the status of women, pointing out that women make up 55 percent of university students and own 40,000 businesses in the Kingdom. “We admit that we started a bit late on that issue, but we’re going in the right direction,” he said.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-4-2006_pg7_16
    What happened?

Did Bush twist this Turkiman Saudi's arm too hard that he yelped?!

Of course he is right. Saudi's share a lot in common with the Americans. Like.......??????????

Maybe I missed it.

Do the women move around like walking shroud like in his Bedou land? Or do the women gets bashed up because religion says you can whack your wife blue and black. Yeah and what else?

Of course Saudi are humans. But inhuman humans!

Not from Mars or Pluto, right? Maybe, but sure not from Planet Earth either.

They don't support OBL or AQ. Good. But AQ and OBL leans heavily on Saudi money and ideology. But of course that is not support. That is collusion! ;)

So this Turkiman is the new propaganda tool of the Islam apologists!

If someone believes these lies (allowed as Takiya in Islam), he'll be a monkey's uncle!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

First Wahhabism create a climate that produces a monster like ObL.
    Then when the monster runs amok, they conveniently wash their hands of him.
    Kind’ a reminds me of Dr. Frankenstein and his unnatural creation!
    As for:
    He wants to explain that Saudis share many of the same values as Americans

Originally posted by Ray
    If someone believes these lies (allowed as Takiya in Islam), he'll be a monkey's uncle!
    Get ready to hand out the bannanas.
    There are a lot of fools around who'll want to believe this tripe.
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Amled

Get ready to hand out the bannanas.
      There are a lot of fools around who'll want to believe this tripe.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'm buying banana futures.
        The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          Saudi's share a lot in common with the Americans. Like.......??????????
          Money. ;)
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

thomas friedman called saudi arabia "the magic kingdom," and he didn't mean it in a good sense. this just proves it more
            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Yeah Saudi Arabia is a magic country.

Magically, one could lose one's head!!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
              X