Muslims kill Christians over cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims kill Christians over cartoons

I made this thread because someone told me that they didn't know the Muslims were killing Christians and embassy inhabitants over the Danish cartoons or what countries that these acts were being commited in. I think that these actions must be known so I am posting an entire list of links to articles that these actions happened.

Nigeria and Libya:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004588.htm

http://www.persecution.com/news/inde...ory&newsID=368

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11383819/from/RSS/

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/m...p?storyid=3659

Iraq and Assyria:

http://www.exorthodoxforchrist.com/iraqi_christians.htm

Pakistan and Liberia:

http://www.boston.com/news/world/eur...row_escalates/

Egypt:

http://www.islamonline.net/iol-engli...0/topnews2.asp

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060219/niger...ings.html?.v=1

Philippines:

http://mychristianblood.blogspirit.c...errorists.html

Turkey:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/...turkey.php?rss

Indonesia:

http://mychristianblood.blogspirit.com/indonesia/

India:

http://www.seyed.com/seyed/words10.htm

Iran and Lebanon:

http://www.israelpr.com/iranholocaus...eocontest.html

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/06/...embassy001.cfm

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/06/...embassy001.cfm

Christians kill Muslims over cartoon violence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4738726.stm

Last Updated: Wednesday, 22 February 2006, 23:44 GMT

Riots in Nigeria leave many dead

Police have struggled to keep a lid on the violence

At least 20 people are believed to have died in a second day of violence in the southern Nigerian city of Onitsha.

Groups of armed youths rampaged through the city attacking Muslims, in apparent retaliation for the deaths of Christians in riots in the north.

Eyewitnesses spoke of streets "littered with bodies" as thousands of Muslims were said to be fleeing the city.

Danish cartoon protests in the north led to sectarian clashes which have seen dozens of deaths in four cities.

On Wednesday, groups of Christian Ibo men wielding clubs and machetes rampaged through Onitsha for a second day attacking any members of the Muslim Hausa community they could find, according to witnesses.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I have to hand it to the Nigerians. They know how to handle these lawless barbarians...with naked, sheer, unreasonable violence. I'm not saying we should do this, but we should definitely keep this in mind.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The Muslims were the aggressors. They attacked first. I find it questionable that when the Muslims attack they get off with only a warning, while when the Christians retaliate in response to the Muslims attacks they are quickly taken to jail. Interesting...

However, I see that this goes against Biblical principals. The Bible says:

“You shall not murder.” –Exodus 20:13

“You shall not murder.” -Deuteronomy 5:17

“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” –Matthew 5:44

“Then Jesus said to him, ‘Put your sword back in its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.’” –Matthew 26:52

“Soldiers also asked him, ‘And we, what shall we do?’ And he said to them, ‘Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.’” -Luke 3:14

“Jesus answered, ‘My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not of this earth.’” –John 18:36
        I think those Christians were acting against the Bible, but they do have a right to defend their lives if attacked again.
        Last edited by Insomniac; 14 Apr 06,, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac
          The Muslims were the aggressors. They attacked first. I find it questionable that when the Muslims attack they get off with only a warning, while when the Christians retaliate in response to the Muslims attacks they are quickly taken to jail. Interesting...

I think those Christians were acting against the Bible, but they do have a right to defend their lives if attacked again.
          The commandment is thou shalt not murder, not thou shalt not defend thyself.

Comment

These Christians were were not defending themselves. They were a mob conducting revenge attacks and specifically targeting Muslims. In fact, the vast majority of deaths over the cartoons have either been the result of government security forces killing protestors or Christians killing Muslims.

As far as your jail comment, care to buttress it with some citations?
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              And this was a case of murder, not self-defense. Mob violence directed at those who were Muslim and easy targets for the pickin'.

Comment

What I mean is that the Bible specifically says that they are not to get revenge.

"Do not say, 'I will do to him as he has done to me; I will pay him back for what he has done.'" Proverbs 24:29

"Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." -Romans 12:19a
                If the Muslims attacked again and the Christians decide to fend off the attack and Muslims are killed in the process there is nothing Biblically wrong with that, but they are not supposed to get revenge themselves. Vengeance is the Lord's.

These Christians were were not defending themselves. They were a mob conducting revenge attacks and specifically targeting Muslims. In fact, the vast majority of deaths over the cartoons have either been the result of government security forces killing protestors or Christians killing Muslims.

As far as your jail comment, care to buttress it with some citations?
                I agree with you on that those were revenge attacks, but the government seems to let the Muslims kill the Christians and then lock up the Christians when they do the same thing. That sounds biased and unfair to me. It's almost as if they want the Christians dead.

For the jail comment, did you not look through all the links? Take a look again and you will see that only a few of the countries arrested their protesters.

Comment

I agree with you on that those were revenge attacks, but the government seems to let the Muslims kill the Christians and then lock up the Christians when they do the same thing. That sounds biased and unfair to me. It's almost as if they want the Christians dead.

For the jail comment, did you not look through all the links? Take a look again and you will see that only a few of the countries arrested their protesters.
                  Sorry, but your expectation that one will wade through 20 links is a poor one, especially given the large number of strawmen arguments that you have built in the past. This provides a large disincentive to read your diarrhea of links, as strawmen arguments = wasted time.

Just from reading your comments, you have already begun to backpedal it appears by talking about now how only a "few" countries arrested their protestors. Could there possibly be a political component to this? Say it isn't so. You mean it's not the 100% black and white Muslim vs. Christian argument that you seem to have been advancing?

Bottomline, you seem to be hate mongering to me, hiding behind religion as a justification. I see that you've expanded your list of evil to include non-Protestants among the Christian population. When should we expect some diatribes against the evil Joos. They did kill Jesus, after all, right?
                  Last edited by Shek; 15 Apr 06,, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by shek
                    And this was a case of murder, not self-defense. Mob violence directed at those who were Muslim and easy targets for the pickin'.
                    I was merely clarifying.

Comment

I was merely clarifying.
                      So was I ;)

Comment

Originally posted by shek
                        Sorry, but your expectation that one will wade through 20 links is a poor one, especially given the large number of strawmen arguments that you have built in the past. This provides a large disincentive to read your diarrhea of links, as strawmen arguments = wasted time.

Just from reading your comments, you have already begun to backpedal it appears by talking about now how only a "few" countries arrested their protestors. Could there possibly be a political component to this? Say it isn't so. You mean it's not the 100% black and white Muslim vs. Christian argument that you seem to have been advancing?

Bottomline, you seem to be hate mongering to me, hiding behind religion as a justification. I see that you've expanded your list of evil to include non-Protestants among the Christian population. When should we expect some diatribes against the evil Joos. They did kill Jesus, after all, right?
                        If you could count properly you would know that there are only 15 links.

You have accused me of many things without support. I never said anything about a list of evil. I never backpedalled. I never said all the countries arrested their protestors either. You're trying to put words into my mouth and failing miserably.

Honestly the political component is Islam. The only explination that they would crack the law down harder on the Christians is that the want to make things unfair for them. It is either don't fight back and die or go to jail.

Don't bombard me with pointless insults and accusations. Not you're not very good at it and they are just a waist of time.

I am not hate mongering. I only tell the truth and I am able to back it up with the Quran, Hadiths, and words of Muhammad. You make dozens of opinions and theories, but hand me nothing of use in your arguments. You tried to decieve me.

You have lost credibility in my eyes. I just don't care about debating you anymore.

Comment

Saturday, April 15, 2006 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Negative view of Islam rising

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: Out of five Americans only one has a favourable impression of Islam, revealed a recent poll.

The poll conducted by the US television network, CBS, found that 45 percent of respondents queried April 6-9 said they have an unfavourable view of Islam, a rise from 36 percent in February. The public’s impression of Islam has diminished even more compared with four years ago. In February 2002 - less than six months after the terrorist attacks of September 11 - the country was evenly divided in its impression of Islam.

The new poll showed that only 19 percent had a favourable view of Islam, compared to 30 percent in 2002. While 33 percent had an unfavourable view of Islam in 2002, the percentage has now risen to 45. Thirty-six percent of respondents said they haven’t heard enough or don’t know enough to say either way. The poll finds 46 percent of Americans believe Islam encourages violence more than other religions, compared with 39 percent of Americans who felt that way two months ago and 35 percent who felt that way in March 2002 (according to a Gallup Poll). When compared with some other religions practised in America, positive views of Islam rank below those for mainstream Protestantism, Catholicism, Judaism, and Christian fundamentalist faiths. Only Scientology, of all the religions asked about, ranked lower. As for other faiths, 58 percent had a favourable impression of Protestantism, 48 percent of Catholicism, 47 percent of the Jewish religion, 31 percent of Christian fundamentalist religions, 20 percent of the Mormon religion, 19 percent of Islam, and eight percent of Scientology, the faith followed by Hollywood’s top leading man, Tom Cruise.
                          http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...5-4-2006_pg7_8

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                            When compared with some other religions practised in America, positive views of Islam rank below those for mainstream Protestantism, Catholicism, Judaism, and Christian fundamentalist faiths. Only Scientology, of all the religions asked about, ranked lower. As for other faiths, 58 percent had a favourable impression of Protestantism, 48 percent of Catholicism, 47 percent of the Jewish religion, 31 percent of Christian fundamentalist religions, 20 percent of the Mormon religion, 19 percent of Islam, and eight percent of Scientology, the faith followed by Hollywood’s top leading man, Tom Cruise.
                            http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...5-4-2006_pg7_8
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

If you could count properly you would know that there are only 15 links.
                              I got excited with having my socks and shoes off, and I just kept on counting all my fingers and toes instead of stopping after one foot!

You have accused me of many things without support. I never said anything about a list of evil. I never backpedalled. I never said all the countries arrested their protestors either. You're trying to put words into my mouth and failing miserably.
                              You've added Catholics to your list. They follow the demonic Catholicism. According to you, only Protestants are the only real Christians. I was just wondering if you were going to include the last "people of the book."

As far as backpedalling, you spoke about how no Muslims were arrested, but only warned, and then changed to talking about how only some countries were conducting arrests

Honestly the political component is Islam. The only explination that they would crack the law down harder on the Christians is that the want to make things unfair for them. It is either don't fight back and die or go to jail.
                              One of the problem with your story is that Muslims were arrested. Another problem is that you still have tribal fault lines in Africa that lend to these power struggles with opposing sides.

Don't bombard me with pointless insults and accusations. Not you're not very good at it and they are just a waist of time.
                              I'm only reflecting what you are saying.

I am not hate mongering. I only tell the truth and I am able to back it up with the Quran, Hadiths, and words of Muhammad. You make dozens of opinions and theories, but hand me nothing of use in your arguments. You tried to decieve me.

You have lost credibility in my eyes. I just don't care about debating you anymore.
                              It's already been shown that you do dabble in selective quoting, quoting out of context, making conclusions that are either poor deductions or just plain not supported. When challenged to defend your numbers, you just fall back onto how you extensively quote from the Quran and Hadiths (the same ones that you cherry pick from).

As far as not caring, your actions would show the complete opposite. One who didn't care wouldn't bother to respond. And yet, you are already several responses beyond your previous "I don't care" statement.

The fact that you wanted to see the faces of the 19 hijackers again, as if some video provided motivation, seemingly points to hatred as your motivation. Not to mention now striking out at Catholicism as demonic and pointing to Protestants as the true Christians. Sorry, but this message doesn't strike me as being open and receptive.

Comment

Working...
                              X