Happy Eid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Eid

Eid Mubarak! To all the Muslim posters here. Even Shamil.

Mashallah he can only be seen and not heard for about twenty eight more days...or should have been. Hope nobodies going Klinton on us...:ermm :wacko

Eid Mubarak!!
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Id Mubarak.

Piggy and Sqwert, Special Id Mubarak.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Care to explain to a Jew what this Eid Mubarak thing is all about? :D :)

And for old time's sake:

:dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

its called Kurban Gait.

in other words, a lot of munchies.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
            Care to explain to a Jew what this Eid Mubarak thing is all about? :D :)

And for old time's sake:

:dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana

http://www.soundvision.com/info/eid/

Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha are the two major yearly holidays of Islam. Eid-ul-Fitr follows the month of fasting, Ramadan. Eid-ul-Adha falls on the 10th day of the Islamic month of Zul Hijjah. It commemorates the willingness of Prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son Ishmael for the sake of God. May Allah's peace be upon these two great Prophets.

Comment

I don't know what eid is, it is called Kurban Gait (Koorban Gaeet) in Kazakhstan, and my grandmother made a lot of dishes and nice food.
              Unlike my grandparents I am not a Muslim, though I still remember a few prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
                It commemorates the willingness of Prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son Ishmael for the sake of God. May Allah's peace be upon these two great Prophets.
                I hate to diss your religion, your beliefs, or anything, but Abraham was going to offer Isaac up as a sacrifice to God, not Ishmael. Ishmael and Abrahams servant, Eliezer, stayed at the foot of Mt. Moriah with the donkeys and the supplies.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Isaac = Ishmael, methinks.
                  Abraham = Ibrahim - my surname is Ibragimov, therefore if I were a Jew I would be Abrahamov

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                    I hate to diss your religion, your beliefs, or anything, but Abraham was going to offer Isaac up as a sacrifice to God, not Ishmael. Ishmael and Abrahams servant, Eliezer, stayed at the foot of Mt. Moriah with the donkeys and the supplies.
                    Well ask the sites owners that.

But if it's not an error. Then what you said applies to Judaism.

And kindly avoid saying it's right, Islam is wrong. Thank you very much.

Comment

No offense meant, Lunatock. I never insinuated (or intentionally meant to) that Judaism was right and Islam was wrong. I personally believe that all men should be allowed to pray to whoever he wants, regardless.

All I wanted to do was persent the Jewish view on what we call Akeidat Yitzchack (Sacrificing of Isaac in Hebrew)

22:2
                      And He said: 'Take now thy son, thine only son, whom thou lovest, even Isaac, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt-offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.'

22:9
                      And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built the altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar, upon the wood.

22:10
                      And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
                      Sqwert, Isaac and Ishamel were half brothers.

16:3
                      And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar the Egyptian, her handmaid, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to Abram her husband to be his wife.

16:4
                      And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived;

16:11
                      And the angel of the Lord said unto her: 'Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son; and thou shalt call his name Ishmael, because the Lord hath heard thy affliction.
                      21:2
                      And Sarah conceived, and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

21:3
                      And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bore to him, Isaac.

21:4
                      And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac when he was eight days old, as God had commanded him.

Comment

All Religions are irrational, I'll stick to that:D

Comment

I believe the term you're looking for is OFTM, or Opium For The Masses

Comment

Working...
                          X