Artist arrested for Blasphemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artist arrested for Blasphemy

INDORE (MP): A local court on Wednesday issued bailable arrest warrant against noted painter M F Hussain for allegedly painting nude picture of Bharat Mata.

The bailable arrest warrant was issued by Judicial Magistrate First Class, Narendra Jain on the petition filed by a social worker Ajay Singh Naruka.

The court also rejected the request application filed by Hussain's counsel for transfer of the case to Delhi on the ground that the painter is facing threat to his life in Indore and Madhya Pradesh, Naruka's advocate Chandrashekar said.

Hussain's counsel telegraphed the request to the court, which rejected it following objections by the petitioner, he said.

Earlier, the court had issued summons to Hussain in the case and directed him to appear before it on Wednesday, but he failed to do so following which the court issued the bailable warrant against the noted painter.

Naruka has said in his petition that the act of Hussain by allegedly painting nude picture of Bharat Mata has hurt the sentiments of Hindus.

The court has fixed April 13 as the next date of hearing in the case.

--------------------------------------

It seems the hindus aren't that tolerant afterall...

oops
    Last edited by Aryan; 25 Mar 06,, 19:35.

Comment

Warrants issued against M F Husain
      PTI
      Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:01 IST

INDORE (MP): A local court issued bailable arrest warrant against noted painter M F Husain on Wednesday for allegedly painting nude picture of Bharat Mata.

The bailable arrest warrant was issued by Judicial Magistrate First Class, Narendra Jain on the petition filed by a social worker Ajay Singh Naruka.

The court also rejected the request application filed by Hussain's counsel for transfer of the case to Delhi on the ground that the painter is facing threat to his life in Indore and Madhya Pradesh, Naruka's advocate Chandrashekar said.

Husain's counsel telegraphed the request to the court, which rejected it following objections by the petitioner, he said.
      Last edited by Aryan; 25 Mar 06,, 19:37.

Comment

One thing I must say about Hindus is that they have not rioted and created mayhem and carnage like the Moslems after the cartoons came out, which didn't even look like Mohamet since no one has seen a photo or painting of his.

In fact, it was ludicrous a cartoon with the so called bomb in Mohamet's bonnet!

I have heard of bee in bonnet but the cartoonist took the cake - a bomb in the bonnet!

Silly chap the cartoonist since he raised a hornet's nest!

I think that the action taken in India is more civilised since one should let law take its own course rather than adopt of line of leaving mayhem and carnage in the wake!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

You only think that way cause you're not a murdering sociopath Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            One thing I must say about Hindus is that they have not rioted and created mayhem and carnage like the Moslems after the cartoons came out, which didn't even look like Mohamet since no one has seen a photo or painting of his.

In fact, it was ludicrous a cartoon with the so called bomb in Mohamet's bonnet!

I have heard of bee in bonnet but the cartoonist took the cake - a bomb in the bonnet!

Silly chap the cartoonist since he raised a hornet's nest!

I think that the action taken in India is more civilised since one should let law take its own course rather than adopt of line of leaving mayhem and carnage in the wake!

Bharat mata is not a religious figure.

I doubt if the civilised indians would have remained calm had he made cartoon of Seta mata aur other matas
            Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
            Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Originally posted by lahori Paa jee

I doubt if the civilised indians would have remained calm had he made cartoon of Seta mata aur other matas
              Actually he did ....and we have.

Comment

Bharat mata is not a religious figure, I agree. But Indians revere it as a deity by itself. So i'll take it that, if some one draws an abstract picture of your mother, in nude, you are not going to fume. As you said, she aint a religious figure, is she?

Ther has been many instance around the world which degenrated hindu gods, Ganesha picture in thongs, in sandals, inside a bar. The same Hussain painted a nude picture of Saraswati.
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Why do u forget killings of Muslims in Gujrat
                  Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
                  Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

remember 2002? forgotten already. 3000 Muslims were killed by rioting Hindus in a span of a week or two.

Comment

Bharat Mata means Mothr India i.e. India.

To you maybe Pakistan is not an important issue, but to most Indians India is a great morale boost factor and they are proud of their country.

Therefiore, it is important.

Even when trhe painting were made on Hindu Goddesses, the civilised Indians remained civilised and the uncivilised, they have not gone on a ramgage till the end of time as is the case of Islam.

Any beheadings, kidnapping, ransom that you heard of?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Why do u forget killings of Muslims in Gujrat
                        Was that for painting Mother India cartoon? I didnt know that happened, can you post a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          remember 2002? forgotten already. 3000 Muslims were killed by rioting Hindus in a span of a week or two.
                          And what has that got to do with the topic being discussed? If you want, I can go ahead and post all the riots that happened in Pakistan as late as 2006 because of Shia-Sunni riots. Whats the point mate?

Comment

Yes , there was the Gujarat riots.

Who started it?

The Moslems by burning the train and burning people alive!

Even so, I condemn the aftermath. It was disgraceful.

And anyway, many are in jail and just recently, they have been sentenced for life.

Unfortunate and disgraceful that it was, there was no endless vendetta and it stopped quite quickly given the anger of the populace of Gujarat.

Nothing happened in rest of India except the whole issue was roundly condemned.

Now, let us look at Islam.

How many jailed?

How many jailed for life?

How many are having court cases against them?

Has the mayhem and terrorism stopped?

Why is it an endless vendetta?

Instead of condemnation, theIslamists and Mullahs are rooting for them and egging them on in this madness.

That is the difference.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Yeah its only the state thats clamping down on the Muslim painter, not the crazy Hindu zealots!

Comment

Working...
                              X