Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulting Scientology is no longer allowed on World Affairs Board.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulting Scientology is no longer allowed on World Affairs Board.

Insulting Scientology is no longer allowed on World Affairs Board.

Lunastock/WAB,
    You aren't serious about enforcing this are you?
    I rant, therefore I am.

I can be critical of any religion, culture, people, or anything, I choose to be critical of.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Well if we have to pretend to think that islam is a serious religion i guess we might as well do it for scientology too. Heck, we've been pretending to take Catholics seriously for centuries...

In their favor, at least Scientologists don't behead pacifistic female aid workers or blow themselves up in groups of children.

Hmmm. Now that i think of it, if the Great Satan led West is so evil, why is it that Scientology has never called for any sort of a Scientollah or Scihad against the West?

Surely the great and all knowing prophet L.Ron Hubbard(NYTBS) was wise enough to see us as the evil oppressors of religious freedom that we are...???

LOL.

Comment

So is there a rule or not? You guys better discuss this and come to a conclusion. Lunastock did announce rules on the Dem moslem's thread.
        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          In their favor, at least Scientologists don't behead pacifistic female aid workers or blow themselves up in groups of children.
          No, but they do let their people die from colds because "they don't need medicine, it's all in their heads".
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Maybe I was serious, maybe not. Mostly I just wanted to villify you by listening to your request.

And anyway..Scientology really isn't getting trashed on this forum..so I figured why not ban mocking it here, then go home and laugh till it hurts while watching re-runs of TROC?

Comment

And anyway..Scientology really isn't getting trashed on this forum..
              Oh cmon now..
              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by srirangan
                Oh cmon now..
                That's certainly not a hypocritical statement, after I uploaded & posted screenshots of the last episode. Then mailed them to scientology.

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                  I can be critical of any religion, culture, people, or anything, I choose to be critical of.
                  That is the correct approach, and that has been WAB's approach; but then one should use threats and be singled out for "punitive action" when one is not even critical and instead is sardonic and that too on arguments which are logical spinoffs from p[revious posts !

A nice commentary on authority and it has nuances from religions too!
                  http://people.sunyit.edu/~harrell/bi...smaConMan.html

Worth a read by some, if not all.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Maybe I was serious, maybe not. Mostly I just wanted to villify you by listening to your request.
                    Not serious?

Joking?

wow!

Shouldn't take you seriously?

Please be precise.

And pray how you were villifying? It is too ethereal for folks like me.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I think people should be free to discuss religion, whether it be islam, christianity, scientology, or hinduism.

Can I open a thread about hinduism? I've got a lot of questions for our hindu forumers...

Comment

Good idea. Hopefully you'll have better luck getting your answers than i did in trying to figure out what possessed Mohammed to have sex with a 9 year old.

Comment

And not having the guts to give you answers, I get the sniped at in the post by Moderator Lunatok.

But then the justice is Blind, and law is an ass!

People should not be afraid. I am remind of Aung San Suu Kyi who has said that Fear is not the natural state of civilized people.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                            And not having the guts to give you answers, I get the sniped at in the post by Moderator Lunatok.

But then the justice is Blind, and law is an ass!

People should not be afraid. I am remind of Aung San Suu Kyi who has said that Fear is not the natural state of civilized people.
                            Luna is just irked because im picking on his cult.

I've never really had at the core beliefs of islam and it's founder before. I just gave the board a tiny taste of the kind of nutjob that mohammed was.

A conquering, war mongering, pediophelic, and sociopathic madman is in my most humblest of opinions.......not the ideal messenger of God.

Hell, "Allah" might as well have picked Ghengis Kahn or Vlad the Impaler as his messenger.
                            Last edited by Bill; 25 Mar 06,, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                              I think people should be free to discuss religion, whether it be islam, christianity, scientology, or hinduism.
                              Remove the three words 'be free to' and you have the perfect statement.

If a concept, in this case, 'religion', encompasses various systems which can drive people to burn others at the stake, marry children, burn widows, cut off hands, blow themselves up and so on, then it is most definitely a moral duty of every freedom-lover that he should 'discuss' it.
                              HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                              X