Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1A2 vs Challenger 2 (intelligent debate)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
    IIRC at least 2 Abrmas have been destroyed in place rather than risk their capture by the enemy. The firs tin ODS bogged down and was taken under fire first by other Abrams and then by air and then in 2003 during the Thunder run through the middle of Baghdad when El Cajone (sp?) ate at least 1 maverick through the front turret.

El Cajone at least was destroyed because recovery was impossible. We simply could not sit still and let the fire burn out so we called in air.
    zraver, we're you on the Run? I used to know a Seargent who participated in the Run, and he told me about Cajone Eh? first hand (though fortunately that wasn't his tank).
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
      zraver, we're you on the Run? I used to know a Seargent who participated in the Run, and he told me about Cajone Eh? first hand (though fortunately that wasn't his tank).
      No, I got out in 95. Closest I got was watching Fox News. IIRC they had an embed in a 113 and white car tried to suicide ram the side of the convoy and got lit up and ended up crashing into a guard rail.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
        No, I got out in 95. Closest I got was watching Fox News. IIRC they had an embed in a 113 and white car tried to suicide ram the side of the convoy and got lit up and ended up crashing into a guard rail.
        Heard about that; did you ever get the chance to read Thunder Run: The Armored Strike To Capture Baghdad, by David Zucchino? Good read . . .
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• I think there's a thread around here somewhere describing the Thunder Run in pretty good detail. Lemme rummage around, see if I can locate it

Edit: Found it! Operation Thunder Run
          Last edited by bigross86; 15 Sep 10,, 00:49.
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
            I don't know the sergeant but I knew the brigade commander and battalion commanders back at FT Stewart in the late 1980s...as well as the CG, Buff Blount. He was XO of 4-64 AR in 85-86 when I was in what was 3-19 IN...it redesignated to 3-15 IN in late 1980s.

A lot of the senior leaders were alums of 2d Brigade, 24 ID from the mid to late 1980s.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

• I think its call sign was Cajone Eh? with a question mark, loosely translated as a skeptical "yeah, really?" One of the commanders in the Spartan Brigade is teaching the ROTC in my old college, William and Mary. He's wanted in Spain...

IIRC sourkraut is right. Somewhere on tanknet there is a discussion about the number of M-1s were lost to IEDs. It was ugly, but the tank protected its crews well.
              All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
              -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

• The M1 Abrams uses the same fuel when its idol as it does in motion, though i'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by fantastic202 View Post
                  The M1 Abrams uses the same fuel when its idol as it does in motion, though i'd say.

Please don't revive 6 year old threads, thank you.

Closed.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                  X