Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1A2 vs Challenger 2 (intelligent debate)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamus Reply

Walter,

"He does when the pub closes.;):))"

Ah, I see you're in fine fettle. Very nicely done...:))
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Originally posted by S-2 View Post
      Walter,

"He does when the pub closes.;):))"

Ah, I see you're in fine fettle. Very nicely done...:))
      Nahh Steve , its 24/7 here now , another failure :(

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Beat ya , cents V chieftains
        Got me there. The only experience I have on the Chieftain would be shooting at them on Bindon and 5 Tips ranges.
        Tanks, Fender Strats and Texas BBQ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tankguy View Post
          Got me there. The only experience I have on the Chieftain would be shooting at them on Bindon and 5 Tips ranges.
          By the way Tankie they are Ranges at Lulworth in case you have forgotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
            And Castlemartin;)

Comment

• 24/7?!

Eric,

"Nahh Steve , its 24/7 here now , another failure"

Both Walter and I are glad to be wrong. Some things DO improve with time...

...like public hours.:))

Outstanding.

Just simply outstanding...
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Now let me see, not wanting to brag. Centurion (Target Tank Sennelager, Recovery Vehicle Bovington), Chieftain (D Sqn Tidwoth, D Sqn Paderborn etc.), Leopard 1 (Hohne), Leopard 2 (Iserlohn, Bovington), Challenger 1 (Iserlohn), Challenger 2 (Fallingbostel, Bovington, Oman), M60A1 (Oman), M1AI (Graffenwher, Bovington, Hohne), MI1A2 (Graffenwher, Riyadh), Scorpion, Schimitar, Spartan, Samartin, Striker, Saladin, Ferret to name but a few. Boy do I miss them.

Yeah, but you were a tanker.

I was an Infantry officer.

I should hope like hell you had more chances to play with the odds and sods armor!!!!

But I did get to play with all of the S vehicles since our partnership unit was the 9/12 Lancers. Damn they were fast!!!!
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                  Yeah, but you were a tanker.

I was an Infantry officer.

I should hope like hell you had more chances to play with the odds and sods armor!!!!

But I did get to play with all of the S vehicles since our partnership unit was the 9/12 Lancers. Damn they were fast!!!!
                  Hey Albany, never admit your partnership Unit were the 9/12 Lancers Damn Cavalry. But I must admit the CVR(T) is a swift little Machine, great fun to play with. By the way they have been upgraded an up-powered engine, gearbox and final drives, the engine is now a Cummins 5.8 Litre Diesel, replacing the 4.2 Litre Jaguar Engine (Petrol), still go in excess of 60 mph. They are also thing of upgrading the gun to 40mm, in line with Warrior. It can carry 165 rounds of ammunition (Main), in clips of three.

Comment

Hey Albany, never admit your partnership Unit were the 9/12 Lancers Damn Cavalry. But I must admit the CVR(T) is a swift little Machine, great fun to play with. By the way they have been upgraded an up-powered engine, gearbox and final drives, the engine is now a Cummins 5.8 Litre Diesel, replacing the 4.2 Litre Jaguar Engine (Petrol), still go in excess of 60 mph. They are also thing of upgrading the gun to 40mm, in line with Warrior. It can carry 165 rounds of ammunition (Main), in clips of three.
                    9/12 They were the mob in Catterick when i joined , C/A the final drives on them things were a nightmare , always breaking and causing many accidents

Comment

Forgotten them im still having therapy over them ;)

Comment

Is that also like admitting the 19th Grpe de Chausseurs, 3 RCR and 1 PPCLI were also partnership? ;)

I got to tell you, it stunk being in M113s and having to OPFOR against those guys....we were just standing still. Usually chased them in my M151 1/4 ton....with predictable results!

I think the most bizarre armored vehicle meet up I ever had in Germany was in the winter of 1984. I was in my car on the autobahn between Stuttgart and Ulm at dusk. It was sleeting and snowing....real crappy weather. In my rear view mirror I see yellow headlights coming up on me. I pull over....and get passed by a company of French Army armored cars!

Scared the crap out of me....and it must not have been too much fun for the TCs. I think they were on the way to Munsingen TA.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

They are also thing of upgrading the gun to 40mm, in line with Warrior. It can carry 165 rounds of ammunition (Main), in clips of three.
                          Is it still Raden or have they re-named it? Loved firing them, great fun and pretty damn accurate:)

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            Is it still Raden or have they re-named it? Loved firing them, great fun and pretty damn accurate:)
                            I concur ,great gun ,, Q for you nuts , can you name the smallest piece on it with the longest name ( easy ) ;)

Comment

• Ratch Catch Catcher Ratch Catch Cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                                I do believe it is still the Rarden, with a view to go 40mm.

Comment

Working...
                                X