New boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boards

Wow. This is quite the redesign of the boards with an addition of multiple new subforums. Any chance of adding a book review forum?
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Originally posted by shek
    Wow. This is quite the redesign of the boards with an addition of multiple new subforums. Any chance of adding a book review forum?
    I created some subforums that are highly relevant sub-categories to the categories already present. I'd leave the decision to create entirely new sections to those higher up.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke
      I created some subforums that are highly relevant sub-categories to the categories already present. I'd leave the decision to create entirely new sections to those higher up.
      Thanks for the explanation.

The reason I think a new forum would be good is that there are a lot of books that posters will recommend; however, if you put it up in the relevant thread, it gets buried by subsequent posts very quickly. Thus, I won't spend the time to do up a detailed review if the post's lifespan up on the "radar screen" will be a few days or a week or two at best.

A separate forum would 1) keep the review fresher for much longer and 2) consolidate the reviews so you wouldn't have to search all the forums.

My 2 cents.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke
        A capital idea.

Now things are organised, almost like a library.

It will save a lot of time and also allow the cold chaps not visiting hot areas and then distributing butter cookies.

But the Cheetos will be available everywhere.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

A humble request to the MODS.
          Pease Please Please return the SouthAsian forum to the Asian sub-folder.....
          Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
            A humble request to the MODS.
            Pease Please Please return the SouthAsian forum to the Asian sub-folder.....
            The South Asian section has been made "seperate" from World Affairs Board so we can add more specialty sections to better cater to the future needs of our membership. Left where it was, the South Asian section was buried content.

The way it is now, it acts as a seperate forum on the same vBulletin with shared membership, moderation, etc.

The pain of change is better than the pain of regret.
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by shek
              Thanks for the explanation.

The reason I think a new forum would be good is that there are a lot of books that posters will recommend; however, if you put it up in the relevant thread, it gets buried by subsequent posts very quickly. Thus, I won't spend the time to do up a detailed review if the post's lifespan up on the "radar screen" will be a few days or a week or two at best.

A separate forum would 1) keep the review fresher for much longer and 2) consolidate the reviews so you wouldn't have to search all the forums.

My 2 cents.
              Any News???
              If not light a little fire under the "higher ups'" will'ya!
              As the idea is definitly good.
              When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Atleast change the Name of Indian Defence Topics to Indian Discussion or something. As of today there is nothing defence related on that sub-forum.
                Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amled
                  Any News???
                  If not light a little fire under the "higher ups'" will'ya!
                  As the idea is definitly good.
                  Probably not going to happen, though hopefully I'll be proven wrong
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Sports forum?

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                      Probably not going to happen, though hopefully I'll be proven wrong
                      Couldn't figure out how yet but could someone help me put it in the Colonel's Corner?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                        Couldn't figure out how yet but could someone help me put it in the Colonel's Corner?
                        Higher ranking officer?
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Could we have just one subforum for issues related to India, please?
                          An India related social/economic/domestic politics issues merged into one would be nice for people who would not like to see their posts disappear in the general muck of the "south asian" board and dont like trade tats4****.
                          I believe the quality of discussion would improve vastly if there was a place for discussion of these issues without having to deal with a steady stream of trolls attempting to get in the K-thing into everything.\
                          Let the south asian subforum remain for those who wish to indulge in it.

I have no idea how the mods decided to box in India and Pak (when they have nothing in common) in the same subforum and not expect things to get bad..

I suggest a seperate subforum even if on an experimental basis. Its worked on some of the other boards and it might work well here as well.
                          Last edited by Vaman; 30 Apr 06,, 21:58.

Comment

Why is the book review thing probably not going to happen? Technical difficulties? Too much work? Lazy higher ups? Dang it, it sounds fun!
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Write a review

Comment

Working...
                              X