Big Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Buck

I have seen and touched this buck.In fact I know the man who shot it. It is Tommy Miller's 28 point buck (still in velvet). It will be, when entered into the record books, the largest buck ever taken in velvet, with a bow in the world. It scored 228 2/8 beating the previous world record by about 14 points.

I don't know. I have always wanted to go hunting (with something other than my car) but I don't know that I'd be able to look into those cute sweet little deer eyes and pull the trigger. It is not as though it would be coming at me trying to hurt me.

I just think of Marissa Tomei's line in My Cousin Vinny...

"Imagine you're a deer, you're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water...and BAM! A fcuking bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are lying all over the ground in little bloody pieces. Now I ask ya' - Would you give a fcuk what kinda pants the son of a btich that shot you was wearing?"
    Last edited by THL; 08 Mar 06,, 16:04.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I'm kinda torn about this. About the only thing this animal is good for is hamburger. But man, what a shot.

Comment

Colonel,

It is time you joined the WWF and not the Trumped up Wrestling WWF but the wild life one.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Actually, Sir,

Hunters do alot more for the environment than the WWF or any other hippie organization do. Our licence fees alone is 5 times more money than those organizations could muster, never mind the habbitat management schemes that we are all involved in. There are roads near here that we've lobbied not to have salt sprayed on during winter so not to damage the water tables.

In this case, Sir, the animal has past its prime though still many productive years still left but for the sake of the herd, a younger buck should take his place.

Though I hate the idea of a trophy hunt (all animals must be eaten), I do admire the skill and tenacity and luck needed to take such a worthy price.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
            Hunters do alot more for the environment than the WWF or any other hippie organization do.
            Don't forget controlling herd numbers.
            A huge unwieldy herd is useful to no one, but especially not to the herd itself.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
              Actually, Sir,

Hunters do alot more for the environment than the WWF or any other hippie organization do. Our licence fees alone is 5 times more money than those organizations could muster, never mind the habbitat management schemes that we are all involved in. There are roads near here that we've lobbied not to have salt sprayed on during winter so not to damage the water tables.

In this case, Sir, the animal has past its prime though still many productive years still left but for the sake of the herd, a younger buck should take his place.

Though I hate the idea of a trophy hunt (all animals must be eaten), I do admire the skill and tenacity and luck needed to take such a worthy price.
              But then all hunters are not good hunters or for that matter good shots. Yet, they can pay much more than 5 times.

The worst part is that they miss the game and instead have buckshot on their friend's face and cake on theirs! ;)

And then they act as catalyst to start a thread on WAB which then turns to partisan line of debate! ;)

No offence meant, just ribbing!

Did I send you my short story - The General and the Shoot?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

[/QUOTE]Though I hate the idea of a trophy hunt (all animals must be eaten), I do admire the skill and tenacity and luck needed to take such a worthy price.[/QUOTE]

Though I bet you would take this monster if you had a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by agent6
                  Though I bet you would take this monster if you had a shot.
                  Of course I would. The bragging rights alone are worth the year of hamburger.

Comment

One thing I know about deer is that antelope bone is much, much, stronger than human bone, despite being composed of similar compounds. If human skeletal tissue was as strong as antelope bone, you could jump out of a four storey building and walk away. It just shows how important structural configuration is when it comes to determining bone strength

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                      I would like to read this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray

Not to put any pressure on, but I'm still waiting for more :)
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Ray

I would also like to read this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                            Sir,

My apologies for not seeing this before but Yes, Sir, I did received it and enjoyed it. Thank you again, Sir.

Comment

Working...
                            X