What if: Western Allies vs Russia- 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dark-alias View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If it were our (the west) intentions to take the motherland, we would of set events and "mark's" in motion to make sure we would be succesful in neutralizing those assets. side-note. you have got to love that we have the pacific and atlantic to fall back on eyyy ol boy.
    Well, I assume that you are as old as I am. In which case, there's a serious issue missing. The WORLD was tired of war. The Canadian Divisions slated for the PTO after the ETO was in serious question of withdrawl, especially the French-Canadian Regiments.

The Nationalist-Chinese and the Communist-Chinese were preparing to face each other.

The Brits were done.

The French needed to ... well do whatever the French do.

Your boys want to come home after 6 years away ... and the Russians lost an entire generation of young men.

Seriously, who got the will, never mind the stomach, for war?

Comment

• BTW when are you coming back down for another go in the box

Comment

• your right and that is why we didnt but if we had to then by god it would of been done one way or another, hate to think of a re-building project that large though. We could always send the TVA

Comment

BTW when are you coming back down for another go in the box
          I don't understand the question. My country has in been combat operations when yours have not and vice versa. We were not involved in Vietnam and I don't recall you in UNPROFOR.

Originally posted by dark-alias View Post
          your right and that is why we didnt but if we had to then by god it would of been done one way or another, hate to think of a re-building project that large though. We could always send the TVA
          It would not have been as simple as that. You're talking about Stalin. The man who made use of Penal Battalions.

Comment

• "I don't understand the question". What would Canadian Forces and American Forces being doing together in California in a place called the box. If you know you can have the Fast Ferry, frankly we dont want it anymore

Comment

• Not my area of expertise. My regiment was the 1 Combat Engineers.

Comment

• Anyway your boys were on top of their game as usual. As to be expexted of any NATO nations military. Seeing how 5%GNP is supposed to go to Defense but who are the only ones who really comply?

Comment

Anyway your boys were on top of their game as usual. As to be expexted of any NATO nations military. Seeing how 5%GNP is supposed to go to Defense but who are the only ones who really comply?
                  No itīs 2 percent .
                  If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

"I don't understand the question". What would Canadian Forces and American Forces being doing together in California in a place called the box. If you know you can have the Fast Ferry, frankly we dont want it anymore

Why the hell would the US Army not want NTC?

Comment

• zraver, i wasnt speaking of giving away NTC it is one of the most important parts of todays army. I know from first hand experience just what NTC does and how it does it and the impact it has in the warzone. The fast ferry goes from Rochester NY to toronto CA its worthless, waste of money, so they can have it.

Comment

• I don't think Truman would have hesitated on nukes but, as you say, not enough firepower soon enough, evne if production had been shifted into high gear

Comment

• I've always thought there was some symbolic sowing. the amount needed to really do any damage would be vast.

Comment

• Making it a wasteland and calling it peace was enough for the Romans.

Comment

Working...
                            X