• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAC= Strategic Air Command.

Comment

Re: little wrong there

Originally posted by Anvilanthony
      The US lost 292,000 american soldiers during WWII, you inflated that number tremendously.
      No, I didn't.

http://www.abmc.gov/abmc45.htm

Comment

Re: Re: little wrong there

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
        No, I didn't.

http://www.abmc.gov/abmc45.htm
        Well for some reason other sites have different accounts and numbers.

Sniper, if we had nuked Moscow and all the other major russian cities we wouldn't have to worry today about nations or terrorist stealing one of russias 30,000 nuclear warheads that they can't even find. They're so friggen high on vodka we got to pay em' millions of dollars just to keep sober.

Comment

Wouldn't it be better to nuke a large concentration of Soviet Troops/Armour then a city?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: little wrong there

Originally posted by Anvilanthony
            we wouldn't have to worry today about nations or terrorist stealing one of russias 30,000 nuclear warheads that they can't even find.
            There are NO CREDIBLE reports that the Russians lost ANY nukes. These were nuclear troops and their bean counters are just as anal as ours.

All their nukes has been documented and accounted for.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: little wrong there

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
              There are NO CREDIBLE reports that the Russians lost ANY nukes. These were nuclear troops and their bean counters are just as anal as ours.

All their nukes has been documented and accounted for.
              Why do you say the exact opposite of everything I say, you're like the Bizzaro Anvilanthony.

It is B I Z Z A R O cool.

Comment

Unlike you, I do do research and is kept informed by uniformed members and have access to their evals.

Comment

I seem to recall a post on another forum to a link on how russia DID lose some nukes or at least it was suggested. There are several cases of missing or lost nukes around the world. Howard hughes Glomar Explorer attempted to salvage a lost russian boomer in an attempt to gain its technolodgical secrets in adition to the nukes it carried on board. Thats a more extreme case but there are others.
                  I'll see if I can dig up that link.....
                  Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Even the Americans had to ditch some nukes, some in the Atlantic Ocean. But the point is that these events were documented and proper precautions were taken to render these nukes inoperative, like making sure the inners would be exposed to salf water.

Comment

Haven't had time to read through this thread, but I was discussing this topic just yeasterday and I find it interesting. Just what 'Western Allies" would the US have invaded Russia with? Can you see Churchill going to the English public, after 7 years of bloody warfare, and telling them he was getting them into another? France was still on its knees, perhaps the next largest Western Armed Forces at the time was Canada, which was by late 44 going through a crisis of finding replacements for its already beleagured divisions. Even America which was trying to comprehend reports that as many as 500,000 US troops could become casualties in invading the Japanese homelands would, I think have thought twice about it.
                      Ain't No Rocket Scientists In The Firehall

Comment

Did anyone thought about what would have happened up north in scandinavia if allied forces and USSR would have gone into war after germany was defeated. Soviet union tried to invade finland back in 1939 but the attack failed, they tried it again in 1941 after a short truce and the war continued all the way into the year 1944 and then USSR realized that finland could not be conquered. During this war finland allied with germany and that led into a third war because after a truce in 1944 the USSR ordered finland to get rid of the remaining german forces stationed there. The german forces were leaving peacefully at start but ruskies decided that it was too slow and made a threat to finland that another war would take place if the germans don't leave immediately, so Im not sure what happened exactly but finland betrayed germany and had to get rid of them by force, that happened in early 1945.
                        This leads to this hypothetical war Allies vs USSR in 1945, what would have happened if USSR would have tried to invade scandinavia and push all the way to central europe from there considering that there were still some german forces left in norway.

Comment

western allies would win directly after the war, for severally reasons. first of all, our airforce would have complete control of the skies (try thinking of any stories of a russian airforce in ww2. the only one i can think of was that over 2000 russian aircraft were destoyed the first day of barbarossa) second of all, the russians had no real navy (again, try to think of stories of the russian navy in ww2) while we had a whole war fleet that was about to be freed up from the pacific. thrid of all, the marine corp in the pacific would be ready to fight them commies, essentially doubling the us force in western europe. the only thing the russians had going for them was the t-34 (which blew the panzer tank away, which intern blew the sherman away) but we could quickly obtain a better tank from stolen german technology and war time experience. the russians had shere man power, but the american soldier would be much better equiped (the russians had been fighting a war of attrition for four years). however, give the russians ten years to rebuild, and they would win. there commie system spent 30 percent of its budget on military (at the expense of eastern europe) while america spent about 3 percent. over an even greater time though, greater technology would emerge from the stronger capitalist economy, while the russian economy would be in constant recession due to the huge military budget. and the west would again win (and we did!)
                          "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

about the t34 sherman chassi thing, i got another interesting story. have you guys heard about the russian b29 story? there were b29 that flew over the himalays from british bases to firebomb japan, and on there way 3 of them had mechanical problems and had to land in vladivostock. anyways, the pilots returned safely, but the russians kept the b29s, and stalin ordered an immediate copy to be made for the russian airforce. everything was copied, down to the last detail, no origianl russian inovations were put in. they unveiled them in a mayday parade, infront of some US military official, to brag i guess. i forgot what they named the russian copy, does anyone know?
                            "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Originally posted by griftadan
                              first of all, our airforce would have complete control of the skies (try thinking of any stories of a russian airforce in ww2. the only one i can think of was that over 2000 russian aircraft were destoyed the first day of barbarossa)
                              Point is clear, example is bad. If you count air combat losses of both sides during first 10 days of barbarossa, you'll have fo Russian AF vs German AF 1:2. And germans lost more than 50000 planes in Russia throughout a war, someone has destroyed them, or was it famous "friendly fire"? No, Soviet AF was quite strong in the end of the war. But if you say that West had a lot of heavy bombers and Russians haven't good high altitude interceptor even in development, because air war on Eastern Front was going mostly under 4000m for a number of reasons, I would agree that it could give some advantage to West.

second of all, the russians had no real navy (again, try to think of stories of the russian navy in ww2) while we had a whole war fleet that was about to be freed up from the pacific.
                              due to purely geographical reasons, you can't defeat Russia with navy only, so it's irrelevant. All wars Russia had were decided on ground.

Comment

Originally posted by griftadan
                                about the t34 sherman chassi thing, i got another interesting story. have you guys heard about the russian b29 story? there were b29 that flew over the himalays from british bases to firebomb japan, and on there way 3 of them had mechanical problems and had to land in vladivostock. anyways, the pilots returned safely, but the russians kept the b29s, and stalin ordered an immediate copy to be made for the russian airforce. everything was copied, down to the last detail, no origianl russian inovations were put in. they unveiled them in a mayday parade, infront of some US military official, to brag i guess. i forgot what they named the russian copy, does anyone know?
                                Russian B-29 had some improvements, to be true, and was called Tu-4.

Comment

Working...
                                X