Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You mock our prophet, we burn your embassy...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mock our prophet, we burn your embassy...

Syrians have set fire to the Norwegian and Danish embassies in Damascus to protest at the publication of newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.
    Link

I guess they don't have a sense of humor.

Originally posted by KPR
    Link

I guess they don't have a sense of humor.
    The Danish lack of common sense and the USMC shutting down the ratline from Syria to the Sunni triangle were almost literaly a pool of gas and a spark.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
      The Danish lack of common sense
      Why should the Danish make exceptions to their freedom of press to prevent publication of cartoons that may be offensive to a particular group? I'd understand if it was because of unequal treatment, but I don't see this being the case.

IMO, this is another case of the greater Muslim world playing the victim instead of using it as a means to question why individuals would make such cartoons. Not that I expected that to happen, but you don't see Christians or Jews in large numbers go crazy and cause damage when there's a crucifix in a jar of urine or a synagogue is firebombed. Protests, maybe, but not large scale vandalism/destruction.

Originally posted by Lunatock
      and the USMC shutting down the ratline from Syria to the Sunni triangle were almost literaly a pool of gas and a spark.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by shek
        Why should the Danish make exceptions to their freedom of press to prevent publication of cartoons that may be offensive to a particular group? I'd understand if it was because of unequal treatment, but I don't see this being the case.

IMO, this is another case of the greater Muslim world playing the victim instead of using it as a means to question why individuals would make such cartoons. Not that I expected that to happen, but you don't see Christians or Jews in large numbers go crazy and cause damage when there's a crucifix in a jar of urine or a synagogue is firebombed. Protests, maybe, but not large scale vandalism/destruction.
        Not saying they should or shouldn't have to make exceptions. In fact it was thier newspaper and their embassies, and also their economy that might suffer a bit by boycots in the Middle East.

But if any Danish Government people come out and ask "how could this happen?" I may have something detrimental to say of their I.Q.'s and something about teasing a pack of wild animals.

P.S. True to form, Muslima's in Iran were photographed burning an Israeli flag as a result of the European comics. Top of their game!, and they didn't forget the token Jewish blame for everything.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lunatock]
          ...But if any Danish Government people come out and ask "how could this happen?" I may have something detrimental to say of their I.Q.'s and something about teasing a pack of wild animals.
          QUOTE]
          Why do you drag the Danish government into the debate, they had nothing to do with the drawings? The newspaper yes, but not the government!
          When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

What if the muslims think we give women too much power? They burn our embassies as a protest for us giving muslim women here too much power and not enforcing the proper dress code for women. Should we continue to be "sensitive" to their cultural "needs?"

What we do here is our business, as long as we apply equal rights and justice for all.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

muslims have drawn MUCH worse pics of jesus and the virgin mary. I dont recall being invited to any embassy or flag burning...darn I miss all the fun

Comment

A militant response from a militant religion.

Comment

Not saying they should or shouldn't have to make exceptions. In fact it was thier newspaper and their embassies, and also their economy that might suffer a bit by boycots in the Middle East.
                  No.

The Arabs have OIL.

Since they have the oil, they can shut it up
                  http://www.funnypart.com/funny_jokes/big_boss_man.shtml

So even though they are xxxm they still can call the shots!
                  ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Next time some ******* burns my flag nuke his country... works for me...
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

What reason could it be that the Baathist government of Syria under the leadership of its President, Bashar al-Assad arranged the so-called spontaneous demonstration that led to the burning down of the Danish and Norwegian embassy in Damascus?
                      In a hard core police State like Syria the idea of a demonstration like this that didn’t have full governmental backing is as ludicrous as it is out of the question.
                      Would it be cynical and out-of-place to suspect that it might have been to divert attention away from the ongoing international investigation into the suspected involvement of Syria and its regime in the assassination of Lebanon's former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri?
                      When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                        No.

The Arabs have OIL.

Since they have the oil, they can shut it up
                        http://www.funnypart.com/funny_jokes/big_boss_man.shtml

So even though they are xxxm they still can call the shots!
                        ;)
                        Moral of the story: You don't need brains to be a boss - any a$$hole will do

This antedote is reality of indian politics .
                        Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by indianguy4u
                          This antedote is reality of indian politics .
                          There are times that I think it is true of politicians in general!

Comment

Danish embassy in Beirut just got torched.

Comment

The Danes have got to get this under control. When does lethal force become an option?
                              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                              X