Semi-random pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-random pictures

As most of you who frequent this site will have figured by now as well as liking to collect unusual photos and pictures I'm a bit of a space exploration nut and have acquired quite a few pictures and memorabillia over the years. Just recently I've bought a new scanner/printer/photocopier/pie-warmer/cigar dispenser so I thought I'd scan in some of my pictures to see how it went. Unfortunately, as with everything that tries to do everything it doesn't seem to do anything very well but hopefully I'll get it going better as I go along.
    Anyway, here are the first in an occasional series comprising Apollo missions which I'll host for a while, but since there is a limit on what I can put on, I'll take them down when next I can be bothered putting up new ones, so if you want them, download them. None are subject to copyright unless you want to make money off them in which case you'll have NASA et al after your ass. Sorry about the quality.
    Last edited by Parihaka; 22 Jan 06,, 15:50.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Dick Gordon goes for a ride on an Agena
    Last edited by Parihaka; 22 Jan 06,, 14:39.

Leibniz

Comment

Alan Bean gets some steam up

Leibniz

Comment

Challenger with the South Massif in the background; Descartes highlands
        Last edited by Parihaka; 22 Jan 06,, 14:50.

Leibniz

Comment

Orion about to dock

Leibniz

Comment

You got any from Gagarins mission? Or Tereshkova's?
            "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Detail of sunrise horizon before re-entry

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by sparten
                You got any from Gagarins mission? Or Tereshkova's?
                Yep. Will post.

Leibniz

Comment

After more then three days with no sleep Gene Kranz lights up as Jim Lovell talks to the press from the flight deck of USS Iwo Jima.

Leibniz

Comment

Not too many soviet era ones, blame them for that, not me, God knows I've tried

Alexei Leonov goes for the first walk in this series of stills

Leibniz

Comment

From left to right

Pavel Popovich, Alexei Leonov, Yuri Gagarin, Pavel Belyayev, Valentina Tereshkova and Andrian Nikolayev.

Leibniz

Comment

That wonder of space exploration Mir (my second favourite manned space-craft) with Atlantis just undocked after removing crew Mir 18, photo taken from a Soyuz capsule containing crew Mir 19.
                        Ah, those were the days.....

Leibniz

Comment

The only picture I've ever found of Yuri Gagarin in flight

Leibniz

Comment

Awesome pics. People rarely post threads in the Multimedia forum.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X