BMD Family of Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMD Family of Vehicles

First is BMD-1 - weight 7,6t, aluminum armor, it has BMP-1 turret with 73mm 2A28, coaxial 7,62 PKT, AT-3 mounted above the main gun, and two bow mounted 7,62 PKT. Crew 3+4 of which two of them operate bow MG’s. BMD-1P is version with pintle mounted AT-4 or AT-5 on turret top.
    Next is BMD-2, same hull but with one bow MG removed and new one-man turret with 30mm 2A42, coaxial PKT and pintle mount AT-4/AT-5.
    BMD-3 has completely new hull with adjustable ground clearance, one bow mounted 30mm AG-17 AGL, one bow mounted 5,45mm RPKS, weight 13,2t. It has BMP-2 turret with 30mm 2A42, coaxial 7,62 PKT and pintle mounted AT-4/AT-5. Crew 3+5.
    The latest is BMD-4, same hull as BMD-3 but with new KBP Instrument Design Bureau turret with 100mm 2A70 rifled gun firing HE-Frag and AT-10, coaxial 30mm 2A72 and 7,62 PKT. All vehicles are fully amphibious and air droppable.

OK, maybe it will be less monotonous if I post some pictures or something?

Comment

You want people to respond. You have to make it contraversial. BMD kills Stryker.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
        You want people to respond. You have to make it contraversial. BMD kills Stryker.
        Well, PR and marketing failures are common here… Actually I tried to avoid vs. type thread but if that‘s the only way I’m opened for discussion.

Comment

I’m opened for discussion
          How about this, there turrets pop equally when hit with M829A3

Comment

Originally posted by kNikS
            Actually I tried to avoid vs. type thread
            Personally, I think you're a bigger person for it.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

can I get one with this paint job ?

Comment

Originally posted by EricTheRed
                can I get one with this paint job ?
                Now thats funny

Comment

Originally posted by tankervet
                  How about this, there turrets pop equally when hit with M829A3
                  Well, they are designed to provide former soviet air assault divisions fire support and protection from small arms and shell splinters. They can be pierced with everything bigger than 12,7 but i'm not sure that thier turrets pop. ;)

Comment

but i'm not sure that thier turrets pop. ;)
                    I'm sure of it. I seen it more than once. But they were all BMD1. Yeah I understand there uses. Same as the M113 type vehicles I guess as far as protection. Not really a bad family of vehicles in my opinion. But I'm not up to date on them for the most part. I know nothing about the BMD 4. What kind of FCS does it have.

Comment

Oh and do you have any pics of the BMD-4?

Comment

here

kNikS: Judging by amount of ammunition, they should not only pop, it whould tear the whole vehicle apart. ;)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by lurker; 25 Jan 06,, 18:20.

Comment

I'm sure of it. I seen it more than once. But they were all BMD1.
                          Guess you’re right about popping. Autoloader is the reason. I’m not sure about BMD-2 and BMD-3 since they have only autocanons.

Not really a bad family of vehicles in my opinion.
                          Not bad at all. Because of these things all russian air assault divisions are mechanized.
                          But I'm not up to date on them for the most part. I know nothing about the BMD 4. What kind of FCS does it have.
                          Its first designation was BMD-3M (before entered serial production), they putted this http://www.shipunov.com/eng/bron/single.htm instead of old BMP-2 turret fitted on BMD-3.

Here are pages from Jane’s Tanks and combat vehicles recognition guide (unfortunately earlier edition):
                          http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/ar...cles/bmd-1.htm
                          http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/ar...cles/bmd-3.htm (note that text below the pictures for BMD-3 isn’t the right one)

And few more interesting links:
                          http://warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=245&linkid=2313
                          http://warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=245&linkid=1782
                          http://warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=245&linkid=1783

Comment

Is that a coaxial heavy machine gun? If so why is it secured to the main gun?

Comment

Hey Kniks, during master gunner school, we were told that the BMD series of vehicles is air dropable with the crew inside. Is this true?

Let me rephrase this. I'm sure its possiable but does it happen?
                              Last edited by tankervet; 25 Jan 06,, 19:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X