2017 Manchester Arena Bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

versus,

Note, you are not dealing with Daesh/ISIS you are dealing with Islam.
    this is -exactly- an ISIS propaganda message right here.

i have no interest in magnifying our enemies and pretending that a terrorist organization several thousand strong suddenly stands for 1.8 billion Muslims.

i much prefer getting 1.8 billion Muslims to purge themselves of that terrorist organization. which is what we're doing right now, as Kurdish groups approach Raqqa and the Iraqi Army finishes off the remnants in Mosul.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
      We're talking about Manchester.......
      Won't make any difference, place is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        versus,

this is -exactly- an ISIS propaganda message right here.

i have no interest in magnifying our enemies and pretending that a terrorist organization several thousand strong suddenly stands for 1.8 billion Muslims.

i much prefer getting 1.8 billion Muslims to purge themselves of that terrorist organization. which is what we're doing right now, as Kurdish groups approach Raqqa and the Iraqi Army finishes off the remnants in Mosul.
        1,8 billion Muslims, the conservative estimate is that 20% of them are radicalized. That is roughly 200 million men army right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
          Won't make any difference, place is irrelevant.
          So one idiot blows himself up and I now should blame the entire Muslim community in the Manchester area? I didn't blame the Irish for the IRA...and they set off bombs for decades .

Comment

So one idiot blows himself up and I now should blame the entire Muslim community in the Manchester area? I didn't blame the Irish for the IRA...and they set off bombs for decades .
            Let me quote someone you know. After all I am an evil Serb and can't be trusted.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Versus; 23 May 17,, 19:51.

Comment

"20% of them are radicalized" is something pulled out of someone's posterior.

if it were true, you have to wonder about the effectiveness of such an army, that several thousand Irishmen could kill more than 200 million of them, lol. and even then...i'd -still- want to get the 80% of our side, and not push them to the 20%.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                "20% of them are radicalized" is something pulled out of someone's posterior.

if it were true, you have to wonder about the effectiveness of such an army, that several thousand Irishmen could kill more than 200 million of them, lol. and even then...i'd -still- want to get the 80% of our side, and not push them to the 20%.
                I understand her as she was my own, Astrails. We lived under their rule for 500 years and I met them in combat and I know what I am talking about. It is not pretty, its ugly as hell but it is what it is. Sugarcoating won't help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV69IjsUGQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-inrGn6vTs
                Last edited by Versus; 23 May 17,, 20:06.

Comment

Let me quote someone you know. After all I am an evil Serb.
                  I never said you were an evil Serb. I am well aware of the ethnic tensions in the Balkans. There is blame everywhere on all sides....by the way I can't say as I have met a nice Kosovan yet. But I see that as there ethnicity not their religion as the problem. All the ones around here I deal with are arrogant self absorbed basterds. This is nothing to do with religion...it's just that they are dickheads. Oh shit now I'm generalising.....

Comment

I never said you were an evil Serb. I am well aware of the ethnic tensions in the Balkans. There is blame everywhere on all sides....by the way I can't say as I have met a nice Kosovan yet. But I see that as there ethnicity not their religion as the problem. All the ones around here I deal with are arrogant self absorbed basterds. This is nothing to do with religion...it's just that they are dickheads. Oh shit now I'm generalising.....
                    I am not talking about religion, I am talking about mindset. There is a foundation upon which both religion and political ideology stands.

Comment

Ok, let mi spell it out bit by bit, with what you are dealing with.

You are dealing with a mindset. A life philosophy that has yielded results, trough out the history. That mindset is the basis for both religious and political system, in this case, merged into one. The mindset is predominantly R-type genome, which means that it has low iq, low in group preference, it is aggressive, opportunistic, high sex drive, can't defer gratification, can't comprehend anything abstract and it is totally gynocentric. They function on the group, species level not individual. So saying that the terrorist are homegrown means nothing to this story because in their view of things, geographical borders, race, age, gender all individual treats are insignificant. There is no sense of self in the ways that exist in the west.

Since there is no sense of self, there are no things such as empathy, regret...introspection in short. They are all one, collective aka the ummah. So by importing them you imported, in essence, people that are stuck at the age of 12 whom feel entitled to rule, whom feel like a master race and whom will stop at nothing in their effort to bring you under their rule. They are deeply narcissistic, despise labor as they see themselves as rulers in which case others work for them while all they do is indulge in most basic urges, mainly sex and killing, because killing makes them horny, it makes them feel good. With them, you will get religious fanaticism, imperialism, both communism and fascism all packed into one.

The most extreme form of collectivism.
                      I am sorry my friend but this is total BS. People are people whether they be Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Christian or Muslim - or anything else. I have travelled fairly widely in Muslim countries (because they are not all one homogeneous racial group) and the Bedouins are different from the city living Arabs and the Arabs different from the Turks and none the same as the Persians who again are entirely different. Nor do they all like each other and agree - even within their own countries; there are Jews and Zoroastrians in Persia/Iran now. Nor of course do the two large sects of Islam agree; Sunni and Shia so to describe them all as one sort of 'collective Borg' is just BS.

Nor are they all hell bent on establishing their religion (or version of it) in every country they live in - if they had this single ethos motivating them there would be literally 100s of attacks in all countries they live in daily. The percentage of possible suspects among the UK Muslim community is less than 0.5%; the rest are considered harmless and some serve in the armed forces, others in the health service etc... My dentist in the UK was an Islam. They have a stake in the UK and are not about blow themselves up.

Of course ideally I would encourage them to return to their own lands; they are better off long term among their own people as we are, but their lands are still run by by dictators and riven by sectarian strife like a kind of re-run of the 30yrs War in Europe and all before it back to the 'Albigensian Crusade' against the Cathars.

Nor does your homogenisation of all Muslims to a 'collective Borg' offer a solution. What do you propose? Another Crusade but this time not for Jerusalem but the whole scale massacre of all Muslims on the planet? Because it seems nothing else would remedy the 'disease' as you see it... Then perhaps we would be 'more Christian'? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        I am sorry my friend but this is total BS. People are people whether they be Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Christian or Muslim - or anything else. I have travelled fairly widely in Muslim countries (because they are not all one homogeneous racial group) and the Bedouins are different from the city living Arabs and the Arabs different from the Turks and none the same as the Persians who again are entirely different. Nor do they all like each other and agree - even within their own countries; there are Jews and Zoroastrians in Persia/Iran now. Nor of course do the two large sects of Islam agree; Sunni and Shia so to describe them all as one sort of 'collective Borg' is just BS.

Nor are they all hell bent on establishing their religion (or version of it) in every country they live in - if they had this single ethos motivating them there would be literally 100s of attacks in all countries they live in daily. The percentage of possible suspects among the UK Muslim community is less than 0.5%; the rest are considered harmless and some serve in the armed forces, others in the health service etc... My dentist in the UK was an Islam. They have a stake in the UK and are not about blow themselves up.

Of course ideally I would encourage them to return to their own lands; they are better off long term among their own people as we are, but their lands are still run by by dictators and riven by sectarian strife like a kind of re-run of the 30yrs War in Europe and all before it back to the 'Albigensian Crusade' against the Cathars.

Nor does your homogenisation of all Muslims to a 'collective Borg' offer a solution. What do you propose? Another Crusade but this time not for Jerusalem but the whole scale massacre of all Muslims on the planet? Because it seems nothing else would remedy the 'disease' as you see it... Then perhaps we would be 'more Christian'? Seriously?
                        Well, BS it is than. Time will tell if I am wrong or right.

Comment

I am not talking about religion, I am talking about mindset. There is a foundation upon which both religion and political ideology stands.
                          Everybody has a mindset....mine is that I attempt to see others point of view....I think it's close to empathy. But with a delayed sense of judgement. However you were talking about Islam.

Comment

Once again the media will be turning this into a circus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6fxDG85h8

Expect the copycat attack in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
                              Once again the media will be turning this into a circus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6fxDG85h8

Expect the copycat attack in a few weeks.

Yep welcome to 24hr bullshit news...I'm old enough to know what went before. Not that 24 hr doesn't have good aspects but there's only so many times you should repeat the same opinion or story in the space of a day.

Comment

On the ongoing security threat in the UK I have to agree with Toby; it is most unlikely this guy made his bomb and carried out the attack with no support. Making these devices can be done by amateurs with luck but getting the know how and materials and making it entirely on your own lonesome is highly unlikely - though still possible. I suspect there is now a bomb maker in the UK - returned from Syria or somewhere where he learned the drill - and if he exists and made one there will be more. The hunt must concentrate on any assistants if and until it is absolutely certain that there were none.

Comment

Working...
                                X