Sukhoi PAK FA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting closer...

well somebody on a russian site,that was there, said it looked really wierd?also today they released a statement of a test flight by the 29th of january,waiting for clear skys.

Comment

I just read that. Should be an interesting day for the blogs.

Comment

It flies tomorrow.

Comment

The plane took off five minutes ago - the first flight.

Comment

you beat me too it..

finally ,cant wait for pics...............its swarming the aviation forums said it s a beutiful day for 1st flight.

Comment

Landed.
              It’s promised that the first video will be released in a few hours.

Comment

well shit on a stick where are they?

Comment

so its like 3 years later than what they expected, isn't it?

Comment

and
                    Last edited by NUS; 29 Jan 10,, 07:28.
                    Winter is coming.

Comment

Last edited by NUS; 29 Jan 10,, 07:29.
                      Winter is coming.

Comment

any comment? I personally think its not as stealthy as F-22. Besides, the clip looks strange, at first the plan appeared to be taking off, but then it turned out to be a landing. Along with the parachute, does it mean that the speculation about a 300-400m landing is correct?
                        Last edited by drhuy; 29 Jan 10,, 07:34.

Comment

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                          any comment? I personally think its not as stealthy as F-22. Besides, the clip looks strange, at first the plan appeared to be taking off, but then it turned out to be a landing. Along with the parachute, does it mean that the speculation about a 300-400m landing is correct?
                          It's a taxi ran, not flight. Also, the engines are not ready yet.
                          Winter is coming.

Comment

LOL, i thought its a short runway landing trick of PAK-FA. So was it really a clip of today flight or the taxi run test a few days ago?

Comment

It seems to be pretty early in the prototyping stage:
                              1. Hard to tell if there is enough space for internal weapon bays.
                              2. Nose resembles YF-23 but does not look fully fleshed out (eg radome shape)
                              3. Undercarriage does not appear to be faceted for stealth.
                              4. Rear seems less stealthy than F-22.

Either the aircraft will have less emphasis on all-aspect stealth than F-22/F-35, or it's still at a stage of development that's probably less mature than the YF-22.

Comment

Official foto from ОАО "Компания "Сухой" - Новости - Новости компании

Look's like there are two weapon bays. Or is it just one big?
                                Winter is coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X