Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nuclear Weapons - Papers and literature advises.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
    2) Is this a (symbolic) warning shot across the bow with regard to what's happening in Ukraine?
    More than likely it is, coupled with Putin's remarks about Russia still being a nuclear state. Puts "iron in the glove" so to speak.

Rather risky given Beluva's test history, it could've failed spectacularly and left Putin with egg on his face.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
      Russia recently test fired a Bulava SLBM. I have two questions on this:

2) Is this a (symbolic) warning shot across the bow with regard to what's happening in Ukraine?

The US Navy fired 2 Trident D5s in June. Do you think that was in response to what is happening in the Ukraine?

No. neither the US or Russian launches were. They were test of systems.
      We do it pretty regular. The Navy has test launched 150 missiles since 1989. Thats an average of 6 per year. Its how we make sure they still work.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Read the damned the treaty before pretending you know what you're talking about.
        It was just a question.

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
        The CTBT bans nuclear explosions, not firing missiles. Additionally, it hasn't entered into force yet as a number of states including the US have yet to ratify the treaty.
        Thanks Steve. I guess I got confused because one of our newspapers (I think The Times) carried the story and equated the Bulava to the force of a hundred Hiroshimas. Media sensationalism I guess.

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        More than likely it is, coupled with Putin's remarks about Russia still being a nuclear state. Puts "iron in the glove" so to speak.

Rather risky given Beluva's test history, it could've failed spectacularly and left Putin with egg on his face.
        That's what I thought too. In this part of the world its a common ploy of sabre rattling. Missile tests, and exercises close to the border. Just that here the stakes are 10,000 times worse ......

Comment

Working...
        X