Mike Sparks is still alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astralis View Post
    I feel a pretty big Mike Sparks coming up....
    LMAO that analogy (no pun intended) wins the Internet for at least a year.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Asty is now living in the Pentagon 24/7 until the restraining order against AR is in force. Mike Sparks standing guard. :-D
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

If Sparky is coming on board as a Mod then I think we need to extend an invitation to Terrance Jones. Former Strategy Page folk will remember with fondness his remarkable insights into all things military. I seem to recall Shek was a particular fan. Jonesy & Sparky would make quite the pair. :-D
        Last edited by Bigfella; 01 Apr 16,, 00:18.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
          so I invited Mike Sparks onto WAB, I'm going to list him as a Military Professional/Defense Professional for now thanks to his indepth knowledge of the M-113.

starting next week I'll give him Administrator privileges.

have fun!
          F you with a ping pong paddle!!!!
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            That poor guy...why'd he have to be stuck with that name?

http://www.public.navy.mil/necc/crg2/Pages/cobio.aspx
            Definitely not as awe-inspiring as Capt. James Kirk of the USS Zumwalt.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              If Sparky is coming on board as a Mod then I think we need to extend an invitation to Terrance Jones. Former Strategy Page folk will remember with fondness his remarkable insights into all things military. I seem to recall Shek was a particular fan. Jonesy & Sparky would make quite the pair. :-D
              Well, if you're going to do that, then you'd might as well invite Carlo Kopp, too!
              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                Well, if you're going to do that, then you'd might as well invite Carlo Kopp, too!
                I'm not really an air power guy, so it probably won't drive me crazy. Some folk, however, would probably leave in protest. :-D
                sigpic

Comment

That was a day early, wasn't it?

Why don't we let Gordon Gutherie Chang moderate the Asia and economy sections as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                    Oh yea, you had to bring him up huh?

I think he is the reason I abandoned that place. I was having a discussion with him about his "We should train soldiers to enemy soldiers while Australian rapelling onto rooftops"

When Shek turned me on to this place. A smarter more mature board. Haven't been back since

There was one other really crazy poster over there. Can't remember his user name though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Bigfella, don't make me send Liam Neeson for you as well!

From his resume...

"I have interacted with and been taught by a U.S. Marine Colonel, a U.S. Air Force Colonel and a U.S. Army Special Forces Captain and other representatives from DOD, intelligence and law enforcement agencies. I have successfully completed a significant amount of coursework."

Let me translate....

I stayed awake long enough in class to recognize that the guys teaching these classes had a day job and was just doing this to raise money to feed their drinking habits.

That is like my claiming...Because I studied U.S. Grant, George Thomas, William T. Sherman, Braxton Bragg, A.S. Johnston, P.G.T. Beauregard, George G. Meade and Robert E. Lee I could have commanded and won with any Civil War Army.

Dude has SERIOUS delusions of adequacy
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

I think he is the reason I abandoned that place. I was having a discussion with him about his "We should train soldiers to enemy soldiers while Australian rapelling onto rooftops"

When Shek turned me on to this place. A smarter more mature board. Haven't been back since

There was one other really crazy poster over there. Can't remember his user name though.
                        Yeah....that place was Soldier of Fortune meets SpongeBob SquarePants. Sure glad Shek, S2 and a few others steered me this way.

I remember the early days where Shek was telling war stories of his Stryker company kicking doors and using hooligan bars to pop them open. He then posted a photo like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	haligan.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1468552

I had to correct him on that it was called a Haligan bar, named for the FDNY guy who invented it. Firemen use it to gain entry into buildings. And then a bunch of asshats jumped in telling me how wrong I was!

Never mind that upon his retirement from the Boston Fire Department after 50 years my grandfather was given an engraved Haligan Tool from his buddies and it sat on the mantle in his house until after he died.

What did I know!
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                          Dude has SERIOUS delusions of adequacy
                          Seriously, I would actually pay [not much] money to see an in-depth psychological evaluation of Mike Sparks.

Found this on Wiki, do any of these apply to Sparky?

According to the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria for delusional disorders, grandiose-type symptoms include grossly exaggerated beliefs of:

Self-worth
                          Power
                          Knowledge
                          Identity
                          Exceptional relationship to a divinity or famous person (Exhibit A)

“He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                            Yeah....that place was Soldier of Fortune meets SpongeBob SquarePants.

I had to correct him on that it was called a Haligan bar, named for the FDNY guy who invented it. Firemen use it to gain entry into buildings. And then a bunch of asshats jumped in telling me how wrong I was!

Never mind that upon his retirement from the Boston Fire Department after 50 years my grandfather was given an engraved Haligan Tool from his buddies and it sat on the mantle in his house until after he died.

What did I know!
                            I was "Called out" for being a fake Marine.

Seems I used the words "Snack Bar" instead of slopchute, and called a "Dittybag" a "UA bag" in a post where Me and another Marine who spent time at CLNC were discussing Swoop circle and other goings on back in the 80s. I was in 10 Mar he was in 6th Mar. Lived 1 block over and we were trying to figure out if we had run into each other

I had to be a fake because the person calling me out read a web page that said that slopchute and ditty bag are the terms Marines use.

I never heard anyone use those terms in the fleet. The other former Jarhead told him the same thing. Then we both were fakes and he was going to report us to HQMC . Cause although he had never been in service, he could spot a fake a mile away.

Crazy place.

Comment

I never heard anyone use those terms in the fleet. The other former Jarhead told him the same thing. Then we both were fakes and he was going to report us to HQMC . Cause although he had never been in service, he could spot a fake a mile away.

Crazy place.
                              There was a forum I use to frequent called Professional Soldiers, and there seemed to be some of that going on over there, too. Now, I'll be the first one to admit that I've never been in the military (unless you consider the Boy Scouts to be the military), so I'll never play the game of "I know better than you do", especially when it comes to the military; but I will never understand the guys who "play" at knowing more about the military than anybody else. I think somebody else on this forum mentioned the old adage, "Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.” If you have to say anything at all, then you've already said too much.
                              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Asty started it!

There were so many reasons to leave that place, he was certainly a good one.

I drop in about once a year. It is dead. The most active board is about the same 4 guys talking to each other. All of them on the fool - crazy spectrum.

Just one? I thought it was about half the board. There was a French guy who openly pined for the days of Vichy France. There were plenty of Muslim haters & guys declaring Rumsfeld 'greatest SecDef ever!'. A ton of military wannabes & conservative keyboard warriors. Even the Oz section had a few dickheads. Then there was DarthAmerica, extreme right wing military guy....until Obama. Turns out Darth was black. Watching him switch sides was the funniest thing ever. he was just as big a fool, just for the other side.

Strange, strange place.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X