Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
    I call them gimmegrants.
    They are asylum shoppers which should not be encouraged.

While I don't think refugees should have to languish in camps for years because of a never ending war and a wrecked country, they don't get a free pass to a first world country

Comment

• Originally posted by InExile View Post
      Most people would call someone who applies and gets asylum a refugee. Unless you take away their right to get asylum it changes nothing.

But you can call them what you like.
      of course if someone granted asylum, they're refugees. Its the very definition of refugee, not what "most people would call". so you can't tell the difference between "seeking asylum" and "settle down permanently"? No wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by drhuy View Post
        of course if someone granted asylum, they're refugees. Its the very definition of refugee, not what "most people would call". so you can't tell the difference between "seeking asylum" and "settle down permanently"? No wonder.
        They can only settle down if they get asylum. Otherwise they face deportation as illegal migrants.

Comment

They can only settle down if they get asylum. Otherwise they face deportation as illegal migrants.
          again, you make up "facts" and cant seem to read correctly

so you can't tell the difference between "seeking asylum" and "settle down permanently"? No wonder.
          see what you missed (deliberately i suppose).

Comment

again, you make up "facts" and cant seem to read correctly

see what you missed (deliberately i suppose).
            Okay, they can only settle down permanently if they get asylum.

Do you know of another way?

Comment

Actually, yes.

Any Kosovar refugees?
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Wrong!

Granted asylum is not permanent settle down. And vice versa, people can settle down permanently without seeking asylum.

Seeking asylum and granted = refugee

choose to move to other country to settle down permanently = immigrant

Comment

Wrong!

Granted asylum is not permanent settle down. And vice versa, people can settle down permanently without seeking asylum.

Seeking asylum and granted = refugee

choose to move to other country to settle down permanently = immigrant
                  That's German policy to allow people who get asylum to live permanently and then get citizenship eventually. Most countries are not so generous. But without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany.

Like I said before call them what you like

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    Actually, yes.

Any Kosovar refugees?
                    How did that happen?

Comment

That's German policy to allow people who get asylum to live permanently and then get citizenship eventually. Most countries are not so generous. But without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany.

Like I said before call them what you like
                      you don't seem to understand the logic. So if an america decides to move to germany to live then they must seek asylum? because "without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany" LOL so what the reason for asylum? Fearing of Obama?

Comment

you don't seem to understand the logic. So if an america decides to move to germany to live then they must seek asylum? because "without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany" LOL so what the reason for asylum? Fearing of Obama?
                        An American could apply for residence through other channels like employment or business. He could try to apply for asylum, but he would be denied and deported pretty quickly

Comment

An American could apply for residence through other channels like employment or business. He could try to apply for asylum, but he would be denied and deported pretty quickly
                          but but in your glorious wisdom you said "But without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany"

Comment

but but in your glorious wisdom you said "But without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany"
                            That's true for most Syrians. They entered the country illegally so without claiming asylum they face immediate deportation

Comment

That's true for most Syrians. They entered the country illegally so without claiming asylum they face immediate deportation
                              are you kidding me? immediate deportation? lol ever heard of the crazy "open border" policy of merkel?
                              Last edited by drhuy; 08 Jan 16,, 22:05.

Comment

are you kidding me? immediate deportation? lol ever heard of the crazy "open border" policy of merkel?

They stay while their asylum applications are pending. But people from countries not at war have been deported when their claims are denied

I don't think Merkel is handling this well; it encourages more people to come

Comment

Working...
                                X