Las Vegas Oct 2017 mass shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it came to pass as was foretold by the ancients:

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5026159/Conspiracy-theorists-attack-Las-Vegas-massacre-survivor.html
    Last edited by Monash; 30 Oct 17,, 03:33.
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
      Like clockwork, same pattern as with Sandy Hook survivors

Usually conspiracy theories thrive when there is a lack of information. Is that really the case here ?

The only thing i don't have is a motive, otherwise everything else seems transparent
      Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Oct 17,, 17:04.

Comment

Yes, the problem is that the motive as such may never be discovered. If authorities have gone so far as to request a forensic dissection of the shooter's brain in search of a potential underlying organic cause then they are really clutching at straws. Despite what appear to have been exhaustive enquiries to date the motive alas remains a mystery.

And of course even if they do eventually find one it will do nothing to stop all those conspiracy 'cultists' in their tracks. I mean if you can really believe it's possible for one of the victims to 'fake' being shot in the head you are a lost cause as far as reality is concerned.
        Last edited by Monash; 31 Oct 17,, 13:00.
        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

jesus wept. 17 kids dead today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-high-school/
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Condolences to the victims and their families aside is there even any point in commenting about these tragedies anymore? I mean it's basically got to the point where it's not even newsworthy unless the shooter gets to double figures. Nothing changes.
            Last edited by Monash; 15 Feb 18,, 05:07.

Comment

This is the third school shooting this year. And we are only 6 weeks in.

If you go by school year there have been almost 50.

When will we get tired of it and act?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                This is the third school shooting this year. And we are only 6 weeks in.

If you go by school year there have been almost 50.

When will we get tired of it and act?
                Lots of people try. Those who do nothing and want to do nothing, however, win the day on this issue.

Comment

And like clockwork, the Breitbart outrage machine wonders why we do not just arm teachers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-self-defense/
                  "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Apparently they are now. I saw a news article that said authorities on Colorado are offering 3 day 'intensive' active shooter training courses to selected teachers with a view to ensuring those schools that accept the program each have a small cadre of armed first responders. Apparently the course also covers emergency first aid.

I can see this kind of thing being rolled out across the States and promoted as the 'solution' to school shootings. Of course I can also see the proponents of this kind of thing applauding & pointing to those occasions when it works (if it works) but then going stony silent when it goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                      Apparently they are now. I saw a news article that said authorities on Colorado are offering 3 day 'intensive' active shooter training courses to selected teachers with a view to ensuring those schools that accept the program each have a small cadre of armed first responders. Apparently the course also covers emergency first aid.

I can see this kind of thing being rolled out across the States and promoted as the 'solution' to school shootings. Of course I can also see the proponents of this kind of thing applauding & pointing to those occasions when it works (if it works) but then going stony silent when it goes wrong.
                      From a LE POV,there is nothing you can do to stop these incidents,until psychos start turning to other ways of gaining their 15 minutes.What you can do is limit as much as possible this crap via proper police work.
                      But when that fails and the killer is on the loose there is only 1 way to end it with minimal losses.
                      You get a better idea,kudos to you,but I somehow doubt it.
                      Those who know don't speak
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                        And like clockwork, the Breitbart outrage machine wonders why we do not just arm teachers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-self-defense/
                        No because that would be too much common sense.

These incidents always occur in places where everyone is defenseless with a few exceptions like Fort Hood.

These sociopaths rarely ever go anywhere there is a chance they can get their head blown off.

More guns is the answer not less.

You get more stories about schools shootings where "Teacher Shot him dead on site"...your going to see less and less of the massacres.

And the media is also to blame for givings these maniacs their 15 minutes of fame and glory.

Right now there is probably some other nutjob wants the notoriety that Nikolas Cruz is getting.

And I'm not even a gun owner.

Common sense is not so common.

I can guarantee anyone who is in a classroom, or has a kid in a classroom, and suddenly hears gunshots in the hallway, and had to make the decision at that very second whether or not they want to give the teacher or gun or not.

How many would say no...let the guy keep shooting...wait for the police...

Comment

Originally posted by InfiniteDreams View Post
                          Right now there is probably some other nutjob wants the notoriety that Nikolas Cruz is getting.
                          All started with Columbine. Guns were available before

Any idea why these killings did not happen before Columbine

Comment

I can guarantee anyone who is in a classroom, or has a kid in a classroom, and suddenly hears gunshots in the hallway, and had to make the decision at that very second whether or not they want to give the teacher or gun or not.

How many would say no...let the guy keep shooting...wait for the police...
                            i'm pretty sure a LOT of people would say no, and have the teacher do their job-- secure the classroom and prevent entry by the hostile shooter.

having sketchily-trained teachers blazing away just when the police arrive on scene, geezus christ, have you thought through the implications of what you're asking for?
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              All started with Columbine. Guns were available before

Any idea why these killings did not happen before Columbine
                              There are school shootings going as far back to 1966 University of Texas.

I'm not psychologist...

However, I do believe it has to do with technology. Look at the amount of media and the coverage available all over the place. Phones, computers, tablets etc...where humans are inundated with 'stimulus'. Let's face it some of these nutjobs aren't too bright, and never should have been born, and they are all too easily influenced by what they see and hear.

One death is too high, 17 is a travesty. If a teacher been armed it would have been much much less.

You don't see nutjobs walking into police stations shooting them up...because they know there are guns there...and they don't want to be shot back at.

It's really mind blowing you have to paint a picture for someone to see the obvious, and those advocating for more gun control is even more scary.

It's like advocating for more of the war on drugs..the more you make something illegal...the more you give up control over it.
                              Last edited by InfiniteDreams; 15 Feb 18,, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                                i'm pretty sure a LOT of people would say no, and have the teacher do their job-- secure the classroom and prevent entry by the hostile shooter.

having sketchily-trained teachers blazing away just when the police arrive on scene, geezus christ, have you thought through the implications of what you're asking for?
                                Yes..have you?

Why haven't they secured classrooms already? Why aren't the leftist nutjobs advocating for that? I don't hear a peep out of the left for that?

Secure the classrooms...yes I'm all for that. Bulletproof glass at every school in the nation? Is that financial doable? Have you thought it through?

Teachers should have to go through rigorous gun training, and there should be an assessment. Is this Teacher competent enough to use a firearm in a life or death situation. Not every teacher will be, in fact I bet many won't but hopefully enough will be so we don't have 17 dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X