This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China-Tibet Threads

All new members, please be advised that we will no longer tolerate unsubstantiated claims by either side on this issue. Frankly, I have had enough of

1) I come from China
    2) The Chinese are right
    3) The Tibetans are right
    4) Life in China is much better now
    5) We have freedom, you just don't understand
    6) I am here to correct your misconceptions

This horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp. Unless you have something new to add, I do not want to hear this anymore.

Can you just collect all the currently running China-Tibet threads into one?

Comment

Blade,

I think what we'll do is start closing some of the threads (not all) that cover similar ground. I'm afraid that merging nearly a dozen threads into one will result in a single 100 page thread that crashes vBulletin

We don't want to get sued by some crazy lawyer ;) :))
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
        That shouldn't be a problem, as WAB is Private Property and thus people here post as a courtesy and a privilege, not a right.

Although, admittedly, there are folks here who need to be educated on the concept of "Private Property" and all that it entails.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          That shouldn't be a problem, as WAB is Private Property and thus people here post as a courtesy and a privilege, not a right.
          http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...-bar-exam.html ;)
          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

:)) Laughing as I type.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

This horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp. Unless you have something new to add, I do not want to hear this anymore.

As we say here at work you can drag the dead horse to water but you can't make him cross the road.

I hope this slows down...the Brigadier MUST be getting tired!

Thanks for your patience...and adult supervision.

Oh and remember, when the revolution comes, the lawyers are the first ones to get it!
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Blade,

As long as you don't ban me... ;) :))

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                  As long as you don't ban me... ;) :))
                  Huh, and give you another chance to sue (Discrimination).

Comment

But what happens when another Chinese feels like expressing how they are "a Chinese" and don't understand the criticism against the CCP?

Comment

I caught that, just wanted to inform our newcomers of a few niggling little details. ;)
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

[QUOTE=Albany Rifles;483367]

As we say here at work you can drag the dead horse to water but you can't make him cross the road.

I hope this slows down...the Brigadier MUST be getting tired!QUOTE]

One glass of blood and half an hour hanging upside down is enough to rejuvinate him;)
                        Last edited by dave lukins; 17 Apr 08,, 20:20.

Comment

Been there, done that!! :))

Tired and me?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Westerners may not understand Han Chinese's attitude towards religion. Before Han dynasty, there is no religion in China. Most of Chinese worship their ancient, imaginative creatures like Loong(龙) or originators of their professions. Then Confucianist create an ideology: The highest level of deity is "Heaven". Every deities people worship were under guideness of "Heaven". So no matter what kinds of deities poeple worship, they should always obey the guideness of "Heaven". And the King is the "Son of Heaven", he is the agent of "Heaven" on the earth. The King is only one on the earth can communicate with the "Heaven", report and receive message from the "Heaven". So poeple on the earth should abey the King, otherwise they disobey the "Heaven", and will be punished by the "Heaven".
                            This don't change after Buddhism, Christianity and Islam were brought in. So for two thousand of years, religions were always in the second place. Han Chinese are not that serious about religions like westerners. That's why Chinese never fought war like the Crusades. No matter it's right or not, Most of Han Chinese accept it.
                            Last edited by xunil; 19 Apr 08,, 00:21.

Comment

The Han-Chinese might not have but the Arabs certainly did - Talas River.

Comment

Working...
                              X