Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw this movie .... though I applaud the artistic work, I despise the movie itself. It could have been a great movie, even one that is apperciated by a Persian, had it presented the Persians in a better way.

Imagine, the Iraqis making a movie 2,000 years from now about the Fallujah, where they show 300 insurrgents fighting American warmachine which is represented as monsters .... if you would see something wrong with that image then you shouldnt see something wrong with people despising this movie

Comment

"A soldier dies only once..."

Saw it this afternoon, it was entertaining. I like wishing your betrayer to "live forever".
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
        I just saw this movie .... though I applaud the artistic work, I despise the movie itself. It could have been a great movie, even one that is apperciated by a Persian, had it presented the Persians in a better way.

Imagine, the Iraqis making a movie 2,000 years from now about the Fallujah, where they show 300 insurrgents fighting American warmachine which is represented as monsters .... if you would see something wrong with that image then you shouldnt see something wrong with people despising this movie

Haven't seen the movie yet. If the Persians are represented as monsters then I'll be extremely disappointed. There was so much involved in that battle, on both sides. To depict one side in such a derogatory manner is unacceptable.

Comment

I saw the movie today. It was entertaining but definitely a work of fiction. Did Frank Miller's work really depict Persians as being black? Why?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by awangmamat View Post
            I saw the movie today. It was entertaining but definitely a work of fiction. Did Frank Miller's work really depict Persians as being black? Why?
            Affirmative Action

Comment

They also took some liberties with biology. The guy with blades for hands? The guy with the the horn-like thing for a head? The super sized elephants? The mutant domesticated rhinos? The chained frankenstein-like Persian who doesn't bleed normal blood?

Comment

I havent read the comics, but a friend of mine told me that of all the creatures we saw in the movie, only the big guy who almost slew the Sparten king was in the comics. I have a lot Iranian friends that are boycotting the movie. Hey at least I gave it a chance and pay 7$ movie ticket for the mega corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar View Post
                  They also took some liberties with biology. The guy with blades for hands? The guy with the the horn-like thing for a head? The super sized elephants? The mutant domesticated rhinos? The chained frankenstein-like Persian who doesn't bleed normal blood?
                  Well, if you watch closely, the entire story was narrated by the surviving Spartan (the guy with 1 eye). He probably has never seen the Persians before. He was telling a story to inspire the Greeks in the subsequent fighting. He embellished a bit like all good story tellers do.

If you take it from that perspective I think the movie makes a lot more sense. ;)
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post

Should the Islamist culture dominate the earth 2000 years from now and America is relegated to some backwater status, they are free to tell the history however they want.

Fact: all the Spartans died in this battle

Fact: the Spartans killed over 20,000 Persians

Fact: this single act was to plant the seed for eventual unification of Greece against the Persians, culminating in Alexander conquering the Persian Empire 150 years later

Let's see if Fallujah unites the Shi'ites, Sunnis...or whatever they are, against the American Empire, culminating in the great muslim army marching in downtown Manhattan 150 years from now. If they can, more power to them.

Comment

If they can, more power to them.
                      Really?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lol! ;)

Comment

Xerxes looked like one GIANT tranny...he was kind of disturbing to watch.

Comment

Did anyone get the feeling that Xerxes from 300 is a Goa'uld?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                                Fact: the Spartans killed over 20,000 Persians
                                Based on what ??? what about Spartan allies that were there also ... how do you know that the there were 20,000 Persian ?? ever heard of Imperial armies ...

Fact: this single act was to plant the seed for eventual unification of Greece against the Persians, culminating in Alexander conquering the Persian Empire 150 years later.
                                You forgot about the part where the Alexander spreads Greek Classical blah blah by the sword .... ;) ... and how is that sooo damn good.

Let's see if Fallujah unites the Shi'ites, Sunnis...or whatever they are, against the American Empire, culminating in the great muslim army marching in downtown Manhattan 150 years from now. If they can, more power to them.
                                HAHAHAHA Dude, the historical timeline is non-linear ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X