Did I run the light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I run the light?

So yesterday morning, I went through an intersection while the light was still amber, but turned red as soon as I entered it. There's a red light camera on that intersection. I'm wondering whether I triggered it or not, since I had already crossed into the intersection during the amber and was in the middle of it when the light turned red.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

The law is that you are supposed to prepare to stop, not to try to beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      The law is that you are supposed to prepare to stop, not to try to beat it.
      Colonel, I know, it was a bad call.

Comment

Most cameras are set to take pictures only if you entered after the light turned red.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          Most cameras are set to take pictures only if you entered after the light turned red.
          I am quite sure that I entered while the light was still amber. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I don't get a ticket in the mail. I can't afford to dish out another 350 bucks. :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
            I am quite sure that I entered while the light was still amber. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I don't get a ticket in the mail. I can't afford to dish out another 350 bucks. :bang:
            Can't you do a mitigation? That usually reduces the fine
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

The same thing happened to me (twice) about a year ago. If it's any comfort Tronic, I did not receive tickets in the mail.
              sigpic

Comment

It will depend on what the laws in your location are to get the answer.

Example

In Florida If your vehicle is more than half way into the intersection when the light turns Red then you are OK.

In North Carolina, Your vehicle must be completely through the intersection before the light turns red.

Comment

and I suppose you did have a front license plate on your car for a possible picture?

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                    Can't you do a mitigation? That usually reduces the fine
                    For that, I'll have to go to court. I'll be back in Thunder Bay in 2-3 weeks.

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    It will depend on what the laws in your location are to get the answer.

Example

In Florida If your vehicle is more than half way into the intersection when the light turns Red then you are OK.

In North Carolina, Your vehicle must be completely through the intersection before the light turns red.
                    Not sure what the laws are in Ontario. Though, I'm guessing if the camera goes off, you're paying..

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    and I suppose you did have a front license plate on your car for a possible picture?
                    In Ontario, front plate is compulsory. Besides, there are usually two cameras. One captures the car from the front, one from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post

In Ontario, front plate is compulsory. Besides, there are usually two cameras. One captures the car from the front, one from behind.
                      I'm sure it is compulsory every where but is it rigidly enforced? Compulsory in California and yet two of my cars do not have their front plates mounted going on 35 and 25 years.

We also have some red light cameras around here but they only shoot from the front. I once barely ran a red light, at 3 AM, heading up Pine St. crossing Arquello. This area of the Richmond District is devoid of cars or at least was back in 1993. Camera shot, flash went off, and that was it. At the time my car had a bra on front and the plate was covered by it.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan
                        I'm sure its compulsory every where...
                        There are several states that do not require a front license plate.
                        Aut vincere aut mori

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                          I'm sure it is compulsory every where but is it rigidly enforced? Compulsory in California and yet two of my cars do not have their front plates mounted going on 35 and 25 years.
                          It's not compulsory everywhere (I know Quebec doesn't require front plates), but in Ontario, it is a rigidly enforced law. If you're driving without a front plate, you can be sure to be pulled over the moment the first copper notices it.

We also have some red light cameras around here but they only shoot from the front. I once barely ran a red light, at 3 AM, heading up Pine St. crossing Arquello. This area of the Richmond District is devoid of cars or at least was back in 1993. Camera shot, flash went off, and that was it. At the time my car had a bra on front and the plate was covered by it.
                          They shoot from both ends here. I know because I've gotten a ticket through the same intersection about 2 years ago.

Comment

Sounds like you will get new photos from your car. By mail.
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              Sounds like you will get new photos from your car. By mail.
                              Too bad there isn't a "dislike" option...

Say something nice, Dok!

Comment

Working...
                              X