Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rifleman View Post
    Kings Mountain and Cowpens.

These ought to work, since Last of the Mohicans and The Patriot were both hits.
    Beat me to it, dang you. Ah, I know; how about Trafalgar? Also, I'm sure Waterloo has been covered, but I expect it's been a while, so that would be good too.
    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

The Hunley vs the Housatonic, perhaps? Not much of an actual battle, but nonetheless a fascinating story.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
        Beat me to it, dang you. Ah, I know; how about Trafalgar? Also, I'm sure Waterloo has been covered, but I expect it's been a while, so that would be good too.
        I haven't seen anything about Trafalgar since i was a wee nipper and even then it was ancient. Ican't recall ever having seen a movie of Waterloo. I'd like a decent one on Chunuk Bair as well.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Any of the Scottish vs British battles would be good. Culloden, perhaps?

Comment

The best one wud be

Owain Glyndwr the last king of Wales defending north wales against then the largest Engllish army ever to be mobolised. Welsh were outnumbered 1:12, they still were defeated but they earned the respect fo the Englsih

Comment

Battle of Sekigahara 1612, Japan
              [Wasting Space]

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
                The Hunley vs the Housatonic, perhaps? Not much of an actual battle, but nonetheless a fascinating story.
                That was done as a made-for-TV movie The Hunley, starring Armand Assante as Lt. George Dixon and Donald Sutherland as General P.G.T. Beauregard.

The words "Made-for-TV movie" usually elicit a groan from me, but apparently it won and was nominated for a couple of awards.

I saw a few minutes of it here and there. The scenes inside CSS Hunley were very good at portraying the cramped conditions.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka View Post
                  Ican't recall ever having seen a movie of Waterloo.
                  You cannot have missed this film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066549/

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Good lord, look at that cast
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      You cannot have missed this film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066549/
                      Cooool, I'm off down to the indie video shop, her indoors will just have to play tetris on the computer tonight......
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

It's amazing when you have a cast of 2 Soviet divisions ... yes, they actually had 20,000 men doing the battle in that movie.

I think I'm going to my video store also.

Comment

Damn, never seen(nor even heard) of that one!

I doubt very much Blockbuster has this though, is it worth buying?

Here's a trailer for the new flick "Flyboys."
                          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454824/...ay-E28469-10-2

And the details for "Flags of our Fathers", the new Iwo Jima movie. Directed by Clint Eastwood!
                          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418689/

And the trailer...
                          http://mfile.akamai.com/17690/wmv/pa...ailer1_lrg.asx
                          Last edited by Bill; 14 Sep 06,, 03:31.

Comment

Let me see if I can find a torrent for you guys.

Comment

Heh, as long as it comes with instructions! :)

Comment

Am i alone in thinking that the battle of Kapyong would make an amazing movie?

Comment

Working...
                                X