Moldova
    Niger
    Russia
    Serbia
    Vietnam

UN Food and Agriculture Organization warned over UK funds

http://UN Food and Agriculture Organ... over UK funds
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

David Cameron's true character will be revealed on the world stage

The foreign policy of England should always be inspired by a love of freedom”: so declared Gladstone
    This week, the Government will be cross-examined in the Commons on its performance thus far and what went wrong with the extraction of UK nationals from Libya.
    The kitchen starts to heat up for the PM.................

The last seven days have been inglorious for the Coalition
    To say the least........

The bad news for Cameron is that this is the easy bit

More significant in tracing this evolution are the recent speeches he has given. First, in Munich on February 5, he called for “much more active, muscular liberalism” that “will need stamina, patience and endurance, and it won’t happen at all if we act alone. This ideology crosses not just our continent but all continents, and we are all in this together” – the Big Society going global, so to speak.
    Camerons own words (from his spin doctor) or a Foriegn Office brief?

David Cameron's true character will be revealed on the world stage - Telegraph
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

They are firing hundreds of nurses....
      of course they are cutting aid
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomkent45 View Post
        They are firing hundreds of nurses....
        of course they are cutting aid
        Plus, they are doubling the Aid to that cash-strapped Nuclear weapon holding Country Pakistan

Comment

Not forgetting India... a country with it's own Space Programme. One sometimes wonders if 'foreign aid' is a euphemism for 'bribes'...

Comment

Snapper reply
            Agree M'Lady (;)) As Mitchell told the interviewer in the link, "India is a development paradox" .....so many poor people :)......... my question is in a country, with its own space program its own nuclear program, a military the size it has and more billionares than we can shake a stick at..............if India doesnt care about their poor why should anyone else?

And yes I heard all the rhetoric and rational from Mitchell, sorry dont wash with me .
            Last edited by T_igger_cs_30; 28 Feb 11,, 15:56.
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Last week the news papers reported on poverty, they said that there is nearly two million kids living in poverty in Britain. India and Pakistan please send some Aid our kids need it.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                Not forgetting India... a country with it's own Space Programme. One sometimes wonders if 'foreign aid' is a euphemism for 'bribes'...

Funny you should say that. A spokesman(person= PC garbage) added that some of the Aid is used to ensure Pakistani terrorist don't end up on the streets of the UK.

Comment

"Cameron still has a spectrum of options available to him, ranging from inaction, via calling for a no-fly zone" (from article above). No fly zone? Really? Call all you like Mr.C - you scrapped the Harriers! Maybe we should politely ask the Frogs?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                    Snapper reply
                    Agree M'Lady (;)) As Mitchell told the interviewer in the link, "India is a development paradox" .....so many poor people :)......... my question is in a country, with its own space program its own nuclear program, a military the size it has and more billionares than we can shake a stick at..............if India doesnt care about their poor why should anyone else?

And yes I heard all the rhetoric and rational from Mitchell, sorry dont wash with me .
                    I don't usually comment on such UK centric threads but come on Tigger, If you had Pakistan on one side and China on the other you would also spend like crazy on the military. About the poverty thing, we are one billion people stuffed into a space better suited for about 30% of that. If the UK is kind enough to offer we are always happy to accept, nobody twisted your arms and said donate.
                    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I hope we are not sending aid to these scumbags

JOHANNESBURG – The son of Equatorial Guinea's dictator of 30 years commissioned plans to build a superyacht costing $380 million, nearly three times what the country spends on health and education each year, a corruption watchdog said Monday.

The statement from Global Witness said that German company Kusch Yachts has been asked to build the yacht, housing a cinema, restaurant, bar and swimming pool, though construction has not yet started.

Global Witness has been urging Washington to institute sanctions against Teodorin Obiang, whose extravagant lifestyle currently includes a $35 million-dollar mansion in Malibu, California, a $33 million jet and a fleet of luxury cars, while earning a salary of $6,799 a month as agriculture minister.

The government press office in Equatorial Guinea confirmed that the president's son had ordered the yacht design, but said he "then dismissed the idea of buying it."

It said that if the order had gone ahead, he would have bought it with income from private business activities and not "with funds derived from sources of illegal financing or corruption."

President Teodoro Obiang, who reportedly is grooming his son to succeed him as president, took power in a bloody 1979 coup. Forbes has estimated his wealth at around $600 million.

Teodorin Obiang justified his wealth in a sworn affidavit to a South African court questioning his ownership of luxury mansions and expensive cars in Cape Town in 2006.

He stated that public officials in his country are allowed to partner with foreign companies bidding for government contracts and said this means "a Cabinet minister ends up with a sizable part of the contract price in his bank account."

The tiny West African nation may be oil rich, but U.N. statistics show that 20 percent of children in Equatorial Guinea die before reaching the age of 5, and the average citizen is unlikely to live beyond 50. The State Department report on human rights also has condemned killings by security forces and the torture of prisoners.

Meanwhile, writer Juan Tomas Avila Laurel is in the 17th day of a hunger strike demanding justice for the people of Equatorial Guinea, inspired by the popular revolutions that have ousted longtime leaders of Egypt and Tunisia and now threaten Libya's Moammar Gadhafi.

Avila Laurel, 44, left Malabo for Barcelona, Spain, amid fears for his safety the day he began his hunger strike Feb. 11. He joins one-third of the population living in voluntary or enforced exile, according to the U.S. State Department.

The government has reacted to the author's hunger strike by denouncing "the web of gossip, lies and miserable maneuvers" surrounding reports about Equatorial Guinea.

"Nonetheless, we hope this person's example also serves to silence many mouths who continuously speak of lack of freedom and respect for human rights in Equatorial Guinea since, as is more than evident, this person has acted at all times with absolute freedom," it said in a statement on its website.

Comment

[QUOTE=bolo121;791642]
                        I don't usually comment on such UK centric threads
                        Then dont.

but come on Tigger, If you had Pakistan on one side and China on the other you would also spend like crazy on the military.
                        Always someone else to blame.

About the poverty thing, we are one billion people stuffed into a space better suited for about 30% of that

And thats UK's or anyone else problem why?.....ask yourself why you breed so much?

If the UK is kind enough to offer we are always happy to accept, nobody twisted your arms and said donate
                        Does not even dignify a response.

Like I said dont wash with me ..................
                        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Then dont.
                          I agree. bolo should've kept that unnecessary apologia to himself. India's defense, space and scientific programs are its own business and that of its partners (incl UK, on certain projects).

Its post-independence economic choices (including the reproductive choices) are also its own issues, agree?

I also suspect that Snapper is spot on with that bribery bit. Bribery is paid out for benefit or protection of the payer. The only question UK should be worried about is, Is it for Public benefit/protection or Private?

The Brits can no better answer that question today than in late 1700s when Edmund Burke put up that question for debate. The only difference is that now you also have Indians to muddle up your discussion. Thanks for Inglish.

Comment

First of all i offered no apologia, just explained why i inserted a reply into an ongoing thread.

Then dont.
                            Ok Wont after this

Always someone else to blame.
                            Someone Else to Blame! We got our arses handed to us back when we were pacific and naive thats why we have built up now. I dont see this as blaming anyone, just responding to the realities of our neighborhood.

And thats UK's or anyone else problem why?.....ask yourself why you breed so much?
                            Didnt say that it was your problem anywhere in my comment, just stated the reason. We breed a lot because historically we tend to die a lot from famine/disease/war.

Does not even dignify a response.
                            Like I said dont wash with me ..................
                            Don't see why you are so upset, you gave us money for free we are glad to take it. We did not steal it from you.
                            Last edited by bolo121; 28 Feb 11,, 20:28.
                            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cactus View Post
                              The Brits can no better answer that question today than in late 1700s when Edmund Burke put up that question for debate. The only difference is that now you also have Indians to muddle up your discussion. Thanks for Inglish.

Karl Marx In Das Kapital Marx wrote:

The sycophant—who in the pay of the English oligarchy played the romantic laudator temporis acti against the French Revolution just as, in the pay of the North American colonies at the beginning of the American troubles, he had played the liberal against the English oligarchy—was an out-and-out vulgar bourgeois. "The laws of commerce are the laws of Nature, and therefore the laws of God." (E. Burke, l.c., pp.31,32) No wonder that, true to the laws of God and Nature, he always sold himself in the best market.
                              Last edited by dave lukins; 28 Feb 11,, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X