Bullies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullies

I've noticed that bullies are getting a lot of press globally at them moment. Do you guys think this will change anything?

When I was young I got it pretty bad because I was really small and hit puberty late. Stupid no hair on my legs and high voice until late grade 9 was awful! Then one painful summer I grew over a foot came back for grade 10 and it stopped. That and an incident with a compass and scissors followed by a tackle from my old Hungarian art teacher. I snapped when some kid just flicked my ear. The old lady tackled me and yelled at the other kid swearing and telling him I told you he'd snap didn't I!!!!!! I loved that mean old lady she didn't even tell on me just sent me home to cool off.

All I know for sure is if my kids are bullies a red ass they will have. Not sure what I'll do if they are the receiving end.

Anyone have experience in this or thoughts on what will happen?

I think getting bullied must be even worse now with all the camera phones. It was bad enough for me as a kid just 16 years ago but now they kick your ass and text it to everyone and post it on the net.

I suspect I'm leaning towards the your kid hits my kid I hit you theme........

All these poor kids killing themselves lately too. Makes me feel quite sad really.
    Originally posted by GVChamp
    College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Bullies pissed me off and still do , but they usually misjudge some quiet guy who ends up knocking the crap out of them .

Comment

from what i understand, a lot of the school policing that we do against bullies now actually drives them "underground", ie a lot more use of internet blackmailing or anonymous insults vice fist fights or physical threats.

sorta sucks either way, kids really go for that Law of the Jungle shtick.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Bullies pissed me off and still do , but they usually misjudge some quiet guy who ends up knocking the crap out of them .

I sorta did that last June on site. Idiot drunk told me I'd never be Australian and should get out of his country then came at me when I told him to piss off and leave me alone. I'm a bit of a softy so I don't think he expected what he got. I'm known so much as a softy there that my two bosses saved my job telling the other boss that if Canada (my nicname) hit anyone he did something really bad. They all buried the incident when policy is a one way flight off site.

That guy was crazy, came back with a bottle then ran around camp with a log the next day looking for me with a big wide cut from between his eyes to the middle of his forehead. He quit his job to try and even the score so my boss flew me home for a few days to let it blow over. That was my second fight in 15 years. If I knew how to fight I'd probably not have hit him in the forehead. I'm a big boy though so apparently I can hit bloody hard. The gash was so big people thought I glassed him.

Stupid as it sounds I felt bad about it happening at all yet somehow proud. :P

My missus however was not impressed, not one bit at all.
        Last edited by Repatriated Canuck; 05 Dec 11,, 17:59.
        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

He was doing you a favour by telling you you would never be an orrztraliann :whome:

Comment

I was really proud of my recent citizenship ceremony.

News headlines in Canada today is a boy who burnt a Jewish girls hair.... What a little bastard, picking on a girl too. What the hell did this kids parents teach him?

Teen's hair-burning may lead to hate-crime charge

Teen's hair-burning may lead to hate-crime charge - Manitoba - CBC News

A teenager in Winnipeg who allegedly burned a fellow high school student's hair after making an anti-Semitic remark could be charged with a hate crime.

Police say a 15-year-old girl was confronted by a boy of the same age who made an anti-Semitic comment and then singed her hair with a lighter.

Const. Robert Carver said the boy will be formally charged on Monday with assault with a weapon following the Nov. 18 incident at Oak Park High School.

"A girl being confronted by individuals and having her hair lit would be horrific," Carver told CBC News on Saturday. "I think when you add that there were racist overtones in the confrontation, it's got to be a very significant incident."

Carver said police are also considering other charges.

"Certainly the Department of Justice has to review any further charges if they were looking at elements related to hate crime charges under the Criminal Code," he said.

Carver said police are also investigating another student who may have been involved in the alleged incident.

None of the students can be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Bully in suicide boy case may face trial

Bully in suicide boy case may face trial - Toronto - CBC News

These things make me so mad.

Then I watch things like a bully with a gun get a beating and I'm happy. He only snaps after the dude starts pointing the gun at his friend. He even steps between the gun and his buddy. What a champ.

DISCLAIMER
            It is rather violent and a good bit of swearing.

Skateboaders Disarm Gunman - Jokeroo
            Last edited by Repatriated Canuck; 05 Dec 11,, 18:22.

Comment

Guns, the great equalizer. Makes every 2 bit piece of shit feel like a big man
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

For all my thugz that feel the need to hold a gun gangsta style like the moron in the video:

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                  Guns, the great equalizer. Makes every 2 bit piece of shit feel like a big man
                  He got what he deserved and should have been carried away in an ambulance at best.

Comment

It's a given there will always be kids from moron parents and from disfunctional families that will harass other kids.

Living in a family with legal gun owners, I was always thought to stay out of trouble. Worked pretty well until a total moron checked I was never on his list. Too bad for his nose ;)

One hit = one bloody nose to the biggest bully around and I never had issues. Selfdefense classes paid off. Tanks Mom
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Someday they will work for you and have to kiss your ass
                      The greatest weapon is the truth

Comment

It won't help much to put the sights on the side , since they also hold it out and up over their heads "scorpion stinger" style - what they really need to do is reload their ammo with C4, to get more velocity- just pull the bullets out with a pliers, dump that weak old powder out, pack the cases full of the C4 and pound the bullets back in with a hammer... Then lock and load - best used in drivebys with all the homies in the car...
                        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                          It's a given there will always be kids from moron parents and from disfunctional families that will harass other kids.

Living in a family with legal gun owners, I was always thought to stay out of trouble. Worked pretty well until a total moron checked I was never on his list. Too bad for his nose ;)

One hit = one bloody nose to the biggest bully around and I never had issues. Selfdefense classes paid off. Tanks Mom

On that note I'm definitely teaching my kids not to hit others but if they are trying to hurt you or someone weaker exceptions can be made. A short suspension (holiday from school) and a reward ice cream for slapping the shit out of that bully.

Comment

Originally posted by Repatriated Canuck View Post
                            On that note I'm definitely teaching my kids not to hit others but if they are trying to hurt you or someone weaker exceptions can be made. A short suspension (holiday from school) and a reward ice cream for slapping the shit out of that bully.
                            Well as I told you, I was never encouraged to start troubles, however I was also thought not to turn the other cheek, but to hit back if someone hits me.

Gotta tell you worked fine for me when I was a kid. I only had that one punch and was never terrorized.
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I can remember getting into some shitkicker fights with some of my good friends during high school, but never any real bullying. There was some dude that tried and tried during advanced training in the army until I finally jumped him and we went at it for 10 seconds or so before being pulled apart. My officer was getting ready to send us both to the brig when I took him aside and explained how I work, I let it slide until I can't take it anymore, and then end it as soon as possible. My officer saw I was speaking the truth and wasn't getting into fights for the hell of it and let me off the hook

Comment

Working...
                              X