Reduction in migration numbers is a British tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zara View Post
    Could be the start of the Brexit brain drain I guess? The UK is already leaking high skill jobs to other EU capitals and New York.
    Would be interesting to see if Australia has had a similiar surge.
    We've had a Brain drain as you call it... to America, Australia, New Zealand etc for the last 2-3 centuries. Worried? Er No!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
      The vast majority of people who voted to leave the EU did so to regain control of our borders and our law making decisions. Clearly to stop Professional people and workers from coming here and adding to our economy is dumb. It's about numbers and controlling the flow, not to stop people completely. I thought you'd have realised that by now.
      You can't base your opinion on people who voted leave on a small group of xenophobes and racists within its ranks. I understand the fear of an extremist right wing, but I think its woefully ill founded.

I think when people hear 'Control our Borders', they think 'reduce immigration'.
      I know most leave voters didn't vote for zero immigration, but they surely wanted a drastic cut, perhaps to 'the tens of thousands'.

Irrational hatred of foreigners has been whipped up for decades by a large part of the Brexit supporting press (who you rightfully described as poison) so the Kippers and their less savoury allies are used to blameing every ill on immigrants and muslims.

The brexit promises are gradually being dismantled one by one, this is a decision that the country will surely come to regret.

To quote Jayan Ganesh, of the FT:

Brexit is an idea whose only effective rebuttal is its own implementation.
      There is more chance of Britain leaving and then rejoining in stages than there is of Britain never leaving in the first place ... It is a matter of steering the evolution of British laws and institutions towards the EU norm, until the gap between membership and non-membership withers. This is not just possible, it is probable. The best argument against exit was never the steep downside so much as the measly upside. Sovereignty is a dream: the gravitational pull of a unified Europe on our medium-sized nation is too strong.

Comment

I think when people hear 'Control our Borders', they think 'reduce immigration'.
        I know most leave voters didn't vote for zero immigration, but they surely wanted a drastic cut, perhaps to 'the tens of thousands'.

Irrational hatred of foreigners has been whipped up for decades by a large part of the Brexit supporting press (who you rightfully described as poison) so the Kippers and their less savoury allies are used to blameing every ill on immigrants and muslims.

The brexit promises are gradually being dismantled one by one, this is a decision that the country will surely come to regret.

To quote Jayan Ganesh, of the FT:

Brexit is an idea whose only effective rebuttal is its own implementation.
        There is more chance of Britain leaving and then rejoining in stages than there is of Britain never leaving in the first place ... It is a matter of steering the evolution of British laws and institutions towards the EU norm, until the gap between membership and non-membership withers. This is not just possible, it is probable. The best argument against exit was never the steep downside so much as the measly upside. Sovereignty is a dream: the gravitational pull of a unified Europe on our medium-sized nation is too strong.
        I Accept there has been a withering away of our own home grown democracy, which has led to huge resentment. Partly exaggerated by Adult Comics like the SUN, MAIL etc...but none of these right wing media outlets would have a foot to stand on if we had been given a proper vote ...We only ever voted for a trade deal.. and have been denied a vote on every major decision since. Yes our Politicians Namely EDWARD HEATH, JOHN MAJOR, TONY BLAIR have sold us out. How Blair and Major can now spout on TV about not leaving when they are responsible for the current mess is beyond me.

Fully aware of the difference between people who can and will integrate and those who never will, I'm born and bred in a northern mill town. That means I'm highly qualified, in fact it means I have a distinction on the subject far superior to any Cambridge doctorate! ;-)

Comment

Did you read the full transcript of Majors speech? It's one of the best essays I think I've read on Brexit.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02...ll-transcript/

Just out of interest, are you one of the brexiteers hopeing for a 'clean break' or 'cliff edge' ? (call it what you will)

Do you think crashing out to WTO rules is a tolerable or even positive scenario? And on that basis, with Trump now turning his sights on the WTO doesn't that leave the UK highly vulnerable?

Comment

Did you read the full transcript of Majors speech? It's one of the best essays I think I've read on Brexit.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02...ll-transcript/

Just out of interest, are you one of the brexiteers hopeing for a 'clean break' or 'cliff edge' ? (call it what you will)

Do you think crashing out to WTO rules is a tolerable or even positive scenario? And on that basis, with Trump now turning his sights on the WTO doesn't that leave the UK highly vulnerable?
            Starting to sound like a questionnaire.. I get out of bed around 7:45, Walk the dog till about 9.00. Come back wash and feed him coz he's filthy,especially at the moment. Then I go to work where I meet every race, creed n' ethnic whatsy mi call it under the sun...Which in the main can be quite interesting. Apart from at the moment when I'm working on the website and need to take breaks before my head explodes.... I like John Major as a person, but was he ever a prime minister? er..probably not! I want my country back Zara and I know as do many that there will probably be a price tag on that. so WTO... cliff hanger... hoping ....brexiteer??? Just headlines to me!!

Comment

There it is... 'I want my country back'...

The utterly vacuous emotion at the heart of this entire calamity.
              Last edited by zara; 28 Feb 17,, 14:41.

Comment

And the irish dont / the french dont / the swedes dont / the greeks dont , the germans dont ,sarky me huh , your running out of places to move to aintchya .

zara , turn the record over ,

bliar ,major , heseltine all in the eu paypocket . your heros dont give a f##k about us or the eu as long as the money keeps rolling in .
                Last edited by tankie; 28 Feb 17,, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  And the irish dont / the french dont / the swedes dont / the greeks dont , the germans dont , your running out of places to move to aintchya .
                  Where do you get your news Tankie? Donalds Twitter feed?

Comment

Where do you get your news from zara , the world according to clegg and farron ???

Like stated ,,cabbage ,, you are playing both sides of your worn out record and have been ever since the UK voted OUT , have you anything new to add so this misogynistic xenophobic racist vacous PATRIOT can try to understand if you have anymore than one brain cell left working ,,ps Trump ,, the only politician who is doing what he said he would , all before him stated the same but did SFA about what they said , buttttttttt ohhhhhh no ,, income the libtards like you sprouting racist ,refreshing in a politician to do what they say they would .hey ho .

Remember this MAN zara , he gave along with the fallen , you , a future .and then et tu brute .

Click image for larger version

Name:	15036545_1324898407541601_76590408193951862_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1470491

But along came Squire Farage ,,,and there not laughing now huh . yuk f#####n yuk .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tankie; 28 Feb 17,, 15:41.

Comment

Im starting a new Anti-Brexit party Tankie,
                      Heres my manifesto - do I have your vote?

-Hard Remain, adapt Euro, Schengen, metric system & deport/execute the Monarchy.
                      -GM research to remove curvature from Bananas
                      -Make heterosexual marriage illegal
                      -Make June 23rd ‘Europe day’ and all children have to sing Ode to Joy in school assembly every morning
                      -All road signs in German first, then English
                      -Syrian Refugee camps moved from the Turkish border to Leave voting constituencies
                      -All prominent Brexiteers & donors to wear 12 yellow stars at all times in public
                      -Sell the NHS to pay for the EU army
                      -State visit for Hillary Clinton

Comment

yup , cept for clinton you had me on board , sold me on it , then you mention that slag .ppppfffftttttttttt . the rest is greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat tho innit like . as he says whilst rolling his eyes .

Hey zara , i love the yellow stars mark ,straight in the bulls eye with that one , seeing as my relatives on mums side are German jews , miss H Franke being one of them , have a nice day with the other newborns in the cabbage patch .
                        Last edited by tankie; 28 Feb 17,, 16:08.

Comment

Are you beaming this crap from some Alien space ship?? There's no logic or emotion to your argument...
                          Got another good wiff though....Same handbag!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                            Are you beaming this crap from some Alien space ship?? There's no logic or emotion to your argument...
                            Got another good wiff though....Same handbag!
                            Errrrrrrrrr leave the aliens out of this , lol i knew i should have not bothered .
                            Last edited by tankie; 28 Feb 17,, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              yup , cept for clinton you had me on board , sold me on it , then you mention that slag .ppppfffftttttttttt . the rest is greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat tho innit like . as he says whilst rolling his eyes .

Hey zara , i love the yellow stars mark ,straight in the bulls eye with that one , seeing as my relatives on mums side are German jews , miss H Franke being one of them , have a nice day with the other newborns in the cabbage patch .

Think I'd better start putting Tankie Trigger warnings on my posts. Do you need a safespace petal?
                              Just ignore me snowflake, anxiety for someone your age can be dangerous

Comment

How does an Irish lass get a name like Zara???? Coz I know loads of Irish being part paddy mi sen n' ave nay met one called Zara!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X