Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name of fake deserter sent to kidnap Benedict Arnold from British held NYC?
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Major Andre. Stuck out when I read about it because of his Frenchish surname.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        Major Andre. Stuck out when I read about it because of his Frenchish surname.

WRONG!

You got the Frenchish name right; hint hint...but Andre was the Brit soldier nabbed soon after Arnold's treason was discovered and later executed as a spy.

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
          WRONG!

You got the Frenchish name right; hint hint...but Andre was the Brit soldier nabbed soon after Arnold's treason was discovered and later executed as a spy.
          Sergeant-Major John Champe
          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
            Sergeant-Major John Champe
            Yes, and he was one day away from pulling of the kidnapping when his "adopted" British unit was ordered on board ship for deployment. He later "deserted" and made his way back to Virginia where he was returned to civilian life.

Your turn.

Comment

Famous American political figure nicknamed "Old Fifty-seven Varieties"
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

John Kerry

Comment

John Kerry
                  ROFL .......No....ok,clue....turn of the 20th century politician

Comment

that was a president of the u.s. earned because he (or at least claimed) to be of all possible ethnics while campaigning so that one newspaper called him "Old Fifty-seven Varieties" (or somethin allong the line).

But can't remember the name..

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                      that was a president of the u.s. earned because he (or at least claimed) to be of all possible ethnics while campaigning so that one newspaper called him "Old Fifty-seven Varieties" (or somethin allong the line).

But can't remember the name..
                      Oh you are soooooo close Tarek;) bully for you even if you don't get it:) .

Comment

well you said turn of 20th century so I would guess Theodore Rosevelt?

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                          ROFL .......No....ok,clue....turn of the 20th century politician
                          John Kerry must be New Fifty-Seven Varieties then. Married to a Heinz, has 57 positions on every issue.

Comment

John Kerry must be New Fifty-Seven Varieties then. Married to a Heinz, has 57 positions on every issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                              well you said turn of 20th century so I would guess Theodore Rosevelt?
                              Very good sir,did the clues help?Your question sir....

Comment

Well without the clue I had to guess from any of the 43 presidents you had so far, so yeah it did help *g*

My Quiz:

Name three succesful revolution in Germany in the last 200 years. (well there were only three...and you are going to love the third one)

Comment

Working...
                                X