Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back after a long, long time

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Bandaid

Back after a long, long time

Hi Guys,

My apologize for the long disappearance. Work and family has kept me busy (all the right reasons I guess). I am well and doing good. Hopefully I shall remain connected as I did before.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

^ Welcome back. Please share some raunchy stories from your trip to the middle-east. For example, had 2 kilogram of dates in summer heat watching bikini babes in Jumeirah beach. :D
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Senior Contributor
    Somehow, I cannot imagine the good Captain as becoming a fat dirty old man.

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional
    Good to see ya!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Welcome back Sir!
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Bandaid

Oracle, I am not overseeing the middle-east region since the last 3 years. Currently, I have the lovely South East Asian countries as my travel zone.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Bandaid

Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    Somehow, I cannot imagine the good Captain as becoming a fat dirty old man.
    How are you sir? Hope you are keeping well.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontree View Post
    How are you sir? Hope you are keeping well.
    Good days and bad. New meds are helping, keeping my episodes down to a minimum, to the point I can recognize when they're coming and lay down to be smothered by the dogs. Not fun when you end up with dog slob on your face.

Been fishing a lot. Last summer I went down Georgia, US for a friend's daughter's wedding. Decided right there and then to do a fishing tour all over the Southern US. The BASS PRO SHOP salesman must have seen me coming. Came out of there with $1000+ worth of gear since I didn't bring anything with me but some clothes and the dogs.

I want to say I'm turning into a fat dirty old man but I'm a cheap bastard. High blood pressure meds are expensive. Calisthenics and dieting are free. And I don't see enough young ladies in bikinis, mainly because they don't hang out where the fish are. Who knew that musquittos and bikinis don't mix.

Former Staff Senior Contributor Ironduke's Avatar
    Welcome back, lemontree.

And I don't see enough young ladies in bikinis, mainly because they don't hang out where the fish are. Who knew that musquittos and bikinis don't mix.
    Nothing that a few thousand gallons of DDT and a hundred truckloads of sand couldn't fix. Justin would likely bring you up on eco-disaster charges, but there's an off-chance you'd get to see some young ladies in bikinis for a few weeks in the mean-time.
    Last edited by Ironduke; 18 May 19, at 05:46.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Welcome back : )

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironduke View Post
    Welcome back, lemontree.

Nothing that a few thousand gallons of DDT and a hundred truckloads of sand couldn't fix. Justin would likely bring you up on eco-disaster charges, but there's an off-chance you'd get to see some young ladies in bikinis for a few weeks in the mean-time.
    No DDT these days. Maybe DEET or a diluted version applied in the form of cream at 4% concentration along with sun screen will work.

They even sell these stickers you can put on your arm. In HK anyway.

Good for 4h then reapply

Sure the Colonel knows this unless Canadian mosquitoes are immune to this sort of thing. Given how cold it gets up there you'd think they were immune to most things.

I remember horse flies in the summer on the beach near Boston. Not nice.

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironduke View Post
    1) That will get rid of the fish. Horse/deer flies and musquittos are fish food.
    2) How do you convince eye candy to put that much biochem on just so a dirty old man can stare?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    No DDT these days. Maybe DEET or a diluted version applied in the form of cream at 4% concentration along with sun screen will work.
    There's still old stockpiles of DDT in farmers' barns across North America. Mostly forgotten about, in rusting cans alongside rusting tractors and other implements. Often times these barns are unused, collapsing, as the farmers already built a bigger, better barn next to it. So, DDT can be had.

1) That will get rid of the fish. Horse/deer flies and musquittos are fish food.
    2) How do you convince eye candy to put that much biochem on just so a dirty old man can stare?
    Pick a lake you don't like, maybe one where you've had bad luck, or perhaps lost your fishing pole, but where you can also you can create a nice stretch of beach. Dump the DDT in the water. That way it unwittingly coats everyone who might swim in the lake, and no convincing is needed.

You could make brochures and internet listings for this unique Canadian vacation getaway, and call it Lac Sans-Moustiques. :-)

Of course, I'm being completely absurd. Wouldn't want to trigger any red flags among the powers-that-be. I expect Justin's government would ban my entry to Canada for such comments without a disclaimer. Also, that a future Tory government would perhaps offer citizenship and the post of Minister of Tourism. Don't want either of these possibilities to transpire. ;-)
    Last edited by Ironduke; 18 May 19, at 17:50.

Senior Contributor
    All this for eye candy? Strip joints are easier and cheaper.

All this for eye candy? Strip joints are easier and cheaper.
    The words of a true engineer. Everytime someone comes up with a Rube Goldbergesque solution to a problem, you've got the real, simple solution on hand.

Thread Information