X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank dodges hit

Look at these lucky guys...

Very Close Call - Rebel tank in Syria almost hit

Boy, the TC sure didn't have much faith in the driver, bailing out like that... On a separate note, I think most folks underestimate how fast modern AT missiles actually are.

Tankersteve

Comment

Most battles in syria are close range which is not good for tanks especially with TOW missiles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGM-71_...rian_Civil_War
      A sudden influx of TOWS were supplied in May 2015, mostly to Free Syrian Army affiliated factions, but also independent Islamist battalions; as a requirement of being provided TOWS, these Syrian opposition groups are required to document the use of the missiles by filming their use, and are also required to save the spent missile casings. Groups provided with TOWS include the Hazzm Movement, the 13th Division (Syrian rebel group), Syria Revolutionaries Front, Yarmouk Army, Knights of Justice Brigade, and the 101st Division (Syrian rebel group). Free Syrian Army battalions widely and decisively used TOWS in the 2015 Jisr al-Shughur offensive.
      Youtube is flooded with these videos below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6_8LMNlRnI

Comment

meh. I liked this one better

For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tankersteve View Post
          On a separate note, I think most folks underestimate how fast modern AT missiles actually are.

Tankersteve
          People generally underestimate the speed of missiles period. I don't know how many brains have been washed by Hollywood scenes BFM'ing air to air missiles that I've had to dirty up with truth...
          "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

I always liked this one.. LOSAT a kinetic kill missile..

Comment

Originally posted by dundonrl View Post
              I always liked this one.. LOSAT a kinetic kill missile..
              I'm surprised the Compact Kinetic Energy Missile (lighter weight derivative of LOSAT) wasn't pursued. It supposedly delivered a penetrator with 10 MJ of energy to a target.

Perhaps such missiles are less effective at shorter ranges where they haven't accelerated to full speed yet?

Comment

Working...
              X