Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John McCain dead at 81

Rest in peace.
    Last edited by Ironduke; 26 Aug 18,, 03:02.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

An impressive life. RIP.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Strong. Independent. Integrity. Honor. Spoke his mind and meant what he said. Critics be damned. The Senate will be a lessor place today as he was a true Republican among a sea of imposters and wimps. You hear me Graham?

My flag goes up tomorrow morning in his honor. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Rip.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

An officer and a gentleman
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

I remember him saying after 9/11 that there will be a long war coming.

A decent man

Comment

A man of integrity who all current members of the US Congress and Senate should measure their conduct against - regardless of Party.
              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

The best President the US never had. More humble than Churchill but similar in his way. May God open the Kingdom of Heaven to him.

Comment

I didn't offer agree with him on policy or politics but I always admired his courage and character.

I remember in 1989 I was initially angry with him because of the Keating Five scandal. But once the final report came out I realized he probably made a rookie mistake and learned from it to go on and serve honestly & admirably.

He was a remarkable man from a remarkable family in service to the nation.
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

A lady killer and Corvette driver.
                    Also a USN aircraft killer. Two A-1 Skyraiders and a T-2 Buckeye to his credit and managed to keep his wings. Indeed he was a lucky man. Two ejections and one self extraction from his Skyraider on the bottom of the Bay at Corpus Christi, Texas.
                    Definitely an interesting patriot.

Comment

He served his country well while he was in the Navy. What he did in Vietnam took real courage. I've got nothing good to say about him in the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                        A lady killer and Corvette driver.
                        Also a USN aircraft killer. Two A-1 Skyraiders and a T-2 Buckeye to his credit and managed to keep his wings. Indeed he was a lucky man. Two ejections and one self extraction from his Skyraider on the bottom of the Bay at Corpus Christi, Texas.
                        Definitely an interesting patriot.
                        Only lost 1 Skyraider. During pilot training. That one was considered pilot error.The T-2 had an engine failure.

Great man, didn't always agree with him. But he was a man that stuck by his principles. Wish more politicians would do that

Comment

I thought he lost a 2nd A-1 in Spain?
                          Last edited by surfgun; 28 Aug 18,, 03:34.

Comment

I heard a great quote about him from one of his classmates this weekend.

"John McCain was a tough man to keep up with....especially after midnight!"
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              I heard a great quote about him from one of his classmates this weekend.

"John McCain was a tough man to keep up with....especially after midnight!"
                              I can think of two scenarios ... after midnight. Sex and drinking. This is regarding coupling I presume. He was very good-looking when he was young.
                              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Working...
                              X