India's Navy Vs. China's Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India's Navy Vs. China's Navy

I Dont Know Much About Navy In General, But Who Out Of China And India Has The Better Navy. I Heard China's Navy Is Mostly Old, Unmainted, And Weak Destroyers, Frigates, And Even The Aircraft Carriers. India's Navy Is Small But Strong And Well Mainted. Which One Would Win If They Both Fought Southeast Of Vietnam?

If we lok carefully at the regional map of Asia Veitnam is just next to China .The chineese Navy shal not need to travel large duistances to assemle there while keeping their supplyb lines jsut next to them
    but for Indian Navy they wil have to come all the way from Mallaca strait to chalenge the Chineese and thus they wont be able to pose much of a threat for Chineese ..
    Thoug in the same way if we say that the encounter takes place along Myanmar The indian Navy will destroy the PLan attacks.

Actually both the navies are at present not capable nough to pose a threat at large distances they can only dominate in a small region .Frankly in the war between india and China Navy wont play a significant role,

Though indians have an edge as the oil routes pass through mallava strait and thus in the long duration war indian navy can block chineese oil supplies to weaken the Chineese .

Comment

yes i agree a naval conflict if it occurs would occur near malacca straits. i think a new naval command is being established in Andaman ( or has it in place already ? ) . the chinese would like to use their subs in that conflict . i dont think they would send in a naval fleet. how good is the ASW capability of the Indian navy against chinese subs? somebody help me here. both the navies have kilo class subs. Indian navy has two upgraded kilo 877EKM . they will be there for sure.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

The Chinese would win that one. It's called the USN and the RN and possibly the RAN. Anyone remember the Tanker War?

Comment

why would china need to import oil from the gulf? cant it get it via the pipelines from the oil rich former russian states? or from russia itself?

Comment

How would Chinese win? The only dangerous ship in their inventory to date is the GREAT sovernmey. Indian navy has started inducting PJ-10 into its dystroyers. Greatly enhancing its abilities. Although PLAN is catching up quick in design which seem more like copies agian. Those ships aren't armed with anything dangerous. If I remember its the weapons that do the talking.

Comment

the last i remember chineese companies were investing on oil feilds in africa oil from where can only be brought fromt he mallaca strait .. though i dont knwo the exact amounts it imports or plans to import from these regions.

Heres a link about chineese clinching deals for natural gas and a oil feild with iran

http://english1.people.com.cn/200404...2_140107.shtml

Here a link talking about the share of iran oman saudi arabia in chineese imports ..

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...ibm1G180637138

and heres another link

http://www.washingtontimes.com/upi-b...1850-5452r.htm

considering the fact that chineese dont have any strategic reserves for oil (the way Us has) adn all oil frm gulf and africa has to pass thru mallaca strait ..
              So india being the strong force in bay of bengal and indian ocean can block the supplies..

There are plans to build pipelines from russia and oil rich central asia but it will take time before oild acutally starts coming from these regions via pipelines

Comment

Originally posted by dabrownguy
                How would Chinese win? The only dangerous ship in their inventory to date is the GREAT sovernmey. Indian navy has started inducting PJ-10 into its dystroyers. Greatly enhancing its abilities. Although PLAN is catching up quick in design which seem more like copies agian. Those ships aren't armed with anything dangerous. If I remember its the weapons that do the talking.

tsurely if china and india had shared seas like india has with pak/saudi then indians woudl pose a grave threat for them (though PJ10 has been recently inducted and it wil take 3-4 years before we have them in large numbers .

But here we are talking about a conflict near Veitnam region which is attached to chineese coastal areas while india will ahve to trace all the way via mallaca strait to vietnam to start the war so
                1. amply supply lines for chineese while none for indians.
                2. most indian ships dont have a long range so a lot of them sont be able to reach Veitnam to fight .. furthermore we cant send a significant post of our navy to veitnam region and leave our coasts unguarded to go such a long distance that it takes days to come back .. while chineese can overload the region with large chunks of ships and subs as they will need just a few hours to go back in case of emergency If we look at the Asian map the situation becomes clear.

Comment

dabbrownguy,
                  r u serious that PLAN isnt armed w/ dangerous weapons?!

Comment

i think they are armed with sunburn supersonic missiles . but what is their range?

Comment

well, india is going to lease nuke powered submarines from russia for 10yrs, and Gorshkov(i hope i got the name right) aircraft carrier is going to be inducted soon. take a look:
                      http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2...2801431000.htm

that gives indian navy an edge, plus India can strike at major cities in china now from the chinese sea, without the subs getting detected.
                      Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
                        that gives indian navy an edge, plus India can strike at major cities in china now from the chinese sea, without the subs getting detected.
                        How?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
                          well, india is going to lease nuke powered submarines from russia for 10yrs, and Gorshkov(i hope i got the name right) aircraft carrier is going to be inducted soon. take a look:
                          http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2...2801431000.htm

India leasing Akula's is good for IN, operational wise. Akula's are not going to be armed with BM's, they'll be armed with Klub missiles (300km range, i think), so to hit any Chinese population center, these Akula's shud be very close.

Other than USN, RN no one else can challenge IN in IOR. But IN in South China Sea is difficult coz thats PLAN's backyard, unless IN sails all its warships to South China sea which will open its flank to PN.
                          A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

how do US subs do against Akula's + other advanced Russian/Indian/PLAN/why not any1 else's subs?

Comment

Originally posted by dabrownguy
                              Neither the US nor her Allies would tolerate any interference in the freeflow of the sea lanes. In short, the Chinese would rely on the US to fight her war for her ... which happenned during the Iran-Iraq War. The Iranians started sinking all freighters from states supporting Iraq, resulting in the USN sinking the Iranian Navy.

Comment

Working...
                              X