While I thought I be working the whole day on PE (about 4 hours), I kept finding little painting errors and did some more micro-trim-painting to get it where I wanted it. I did some PE; these little, teeny, tiny, chain stoppers. You scrape off the kits molded on chain stoppers and then put these on. Not only are they very little (as noted next to the razor blade). Then these things had to folded to double their thickness. My slide out parts catching tray worked...once I remembered to pull it out. One part headed to the floor, but I found it using a dust brush and pan, and then carefully going through the captured debris. Then I pulled out the parts catcher.
I attached the chain stoppers and then started doing the finish painting and detailing on the forecastle. While I would have liked to have actual chain, the results look decent.
Just for fun I took this picture comparing the old Missouri's fo'csle to the new one. The results are dramatic. I still don't know where I got that light blue "deck blue" mix that I used in 1985. I may be a senior citizen now, but my skills haven't diminished. I think they're better.
I glued some more superstructure parts and trial fit the rest of them just to see how it all looks. I did complete the aft funnel and painted the upper part flat black. I've done as much assembly as I can before I install lots of PE and the teak decking. The trial fit helps me figure out what I can glue and what I can't. If you look closely you can see a ragged finish on the armored pilot house. That because I just scraped off the molded details in preparation for afixing the PE vision slits. I have to go into the office tomorrow, so I'll probably do a little work this weekend. I'm only working two days a week now which is giving some great modeling time. All the areas with Haze Gray decking will be covered with teak.