(Just realized that my other thread was placed in a bad section.)
Before I state my opinion of Islam I will show the proof of why I think it to be this way. Also I want to make it clear that this is not an attack on Islam. Everything I post up until the end will be only facts. At the end I will state my opinion. I ask any Muslims who happen to read this not to feel angered, but to question your own religion.
Islam defies the laws of science and history:
1. The earth is fixed and does not move…
27:61 “Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode, and placed rivers in the folds thereof, and placed firm hills therein, and hath set a barrier between the two seas ? Is there any God beside Allah ? Nay, but most of them know not!”
2. Humans created from a single man…
4:1 O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you.
3. The sun rises and sets at particular places on a flat earth. At the westernmost point on earth, the sun sets in a muddy spring…
18:86 Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.
18:90 Till, when he reached the rising-place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no shelter therefrom.
4. Most scholars consider Dhu'l-Qarneyn ("The Two-Horned Lord") to be Alexander the Great, who is here presented as a devout Muslim…
18:83 They will ask thee of Dhu'l-Qarneyn. Say: I shall recite unto you a remembrance of him.
18:86 Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.
5. The Pharaoh threatens to crucify Hebrews on palm tress. (But crucifixion was a Roman form of punishment that was unknown at the time.)
20:71 (Pharaoh) said: Ye put faith in him before I give you leave. Lo! he is your chief who taught you magic. Now surely I shall cut off your hands and your feet alternately, and I shall crucify you on the trunks of palm trees, and ye shall know for certain which of us hath sterner and more lasting punishment.
6. "The sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him."
36:38 And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
7. Allah made the stars as missiles to throw at devils.
67:5 And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.
Islam horribly treats women and states that they inferior to men and unintelligent:
Islamic Regards to women:
HELLFIRE FOR WOMEN
Burkhari vol. I, no. 28 The Prophet said, “I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful.”
Burkhari vol. 4 no. 464 majority of people in hell are women.
Burkhari vol. I, no. 301 Allah’s Apostle…said, “O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you women...I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you.” (Hadith vol. 2 no. 541)
The Prophet then said…”I also saw the Hell-fire and I had never seen such a horrible sight. I saw that most of the inhabitants were women.” Burkhari vol. II, no. 161
The reason the majority of the people in hell are women is stated in Volume 2, No. 541: O Women! I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you.
The Hadith also speaks of women as being less spiritual than men, Burkhari vol. 1, no. 301; they are an affliction to men Burkhari vol. 1 no. 503; women are equal to dogs, maybe not Burkhari vol. 1 no. 490, 493, 498. 486.
Burkhari vol. V, no. 234 Narrated Aisha: The Prophet was engaged to me when I was a girl six years old…I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends… Unexpectedly Allah’s Apostle came to me in the afternoon and my mother handed me over to him. At that time I was a girl of nine years of age.
Burkhari vol. V, no. 236 The Prophet…married Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age and consummated that marriage when she was nine years old.
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234: Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of
Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236: Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64: Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65: Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)."
Mohammed was a child molester.
(This fact is attested to by Saudi Arabian Scholars)
Mohammed practiced sex with six year old Aisha by pressing his organ between her thighs and it is widely spread until now between Arabic youth.
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 66: Narrated Sahl bin Sad:
A woman came to Allah's Apostle and said, "I present myself (to you) (for marriage). She stayed for a long while, then a man said, "If you are not in need of her then marry her to me." The Prophet said, "Have you got anything m order to pay her Mahr?" He said, "I have nothing with me except my Izar (waist sheet)." The Prophet said, "If you give her your Izar, you will have no Izar to wear, (so go) and search for something. He said, "I could not find anything." The Prophet said, "Try (to find something), even if it were an iron ring But he was not able to find (even that) The Prophet said (to him). "Do you memorize something of the Qur'an?" "Yes. ' he said, "such Sura and such Sura," naming those Suras The Prophet said, "We have married her to you for what you know of the Quran (by heart)."
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 67: Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "A matron should not be given in marriage except after consulting her; and a virgin should not be given in marriage except after her permission." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! How can we know her permission?" He said, "Her silence (indicates her permission)."
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 68: Narrated 'Aisha:
I said, "O Allah's Apostle! A virgin feels shy." He said, "Her consent is (expressed by) her silence."
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88: Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 89: Narrated Anas:
The Prophet stayed for three days at a place between Khaibar and Medina, and there he consummated his marriage with Safiyya bint Huyay. I invited the Muslims to a banquet which included neither meat nor bread. The Prophet ordered for the leather dining sheets to be spread, and then dates, dried yogurt and butter were provided over it, and that was the Walima (banquet) of the Prophet. The Muslims asked whether Safiyya would be considered as his wife or as a slave girl of what his right hands possessed. Then they said, "If the Prophet screens her from the people, then she Is the Prophet's wife but if he does not screen her, then she is a slave girl." So when the Prophet proceeded, he made a place for her (on the camel) behind him and screened her from people.
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151: Narrated 'Aisha:
I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)
Aisha was the daughter of Mohammed’s closest friend, Abu Bakr. What is more critical than Mohammed’s single action with Aisha is that he taught that a girl is considered an adult following her first menstrual cycle. He also taught that his followers were to follow his “sunnah” or lifestyle. Thus today, throughout much of the Mideast, girls as young as nine are often married by men old enough to be their grandfathers. In our culture today, a person doing such a thing could possibly be sent to prison for child molestation (pedophilia), sex with a minor, statutory rape, or other related sexual offenses. Shamefully Muslims consider him a “prophet” of God.
If you have a daughter of nine or so, or the next time you see one, ask yourself one question; could you stand idly by while a fifty two year old man takes this child into his bedroom, simply because its cultural or because he said he was “a prophet” of his god? Unfortunately this scenario has been played out all to often by insane opportunist pedophiles like Mohammed, the “prophet” of Muslims. Why? Because of his example (sunnah), after all, if Mohammed was the prophet of Allah how can he be wrong?
Already, when Aisha (the daughter of Abu Bakr, Mohammad's closest friend and unquestioning ally) was about 4-5 years old Muhammad started dreaming of a union with her [Ref: SAHIH BUKHARI, 5:235] and he wasted no time in realizing his dreams, inspite of the fact that object of his dreams was a mere child. Perhaps you want to assume that it is "normal" for a 50+ year old man to dream of marrying a 4-5 old child, and then ACTUALLY ask for her hand at 6? Is it normal for an oversexed old man (Muhammad had over 9 wives and concubines) to dream of a union with a 4-5 year old girl?
Aisha was the daughter of Mohammed’s closest friend, Abu Bakr. What is more critical than Mohammed’s single action with Aisha is that he taught that a girl is considered an adult following her first menstrual cycle. He also taught that his followers were to follow his “sunnah” or lifestyle. Thus today, throughout much of the Mideast, girls as young as nine are often married by men old enough to be their grandfathers. We know that, in our culture today, a person doing such a thing could possibly be sent to prison for child molestation (pedophilia), sex with a minor, statutory rape, or other related sexual offenses.
If you have a daughter of nine or so, or the next time you see one, ask yourself one question; could you stand idly by while a fifty two year old man takes this child into his bedroom simply because its cultural or because he said he was “a prophet” of his god? Unfortunately this scenario has been played out all to often by insane opportunist pedophiles like Mohammed, the “prophet” of Muslims. Why? Because of his example (sunnah), after all, if Mohammed was the prophet of Allah how can he be wrong?
Already, when Aisha (the daughter of Abu Bakr, Mohammad's closest friend and unquestioning ally) was about 4-5 years old Muhammad started dreaming of a union with her [Ref: SAHIH BUKHARI, 5:235] and he wasted no time in realizing his dreams, inspite of the fact that the object of his dreams was a mere child. Perhaps you want to assume that it is "normal" for a 50+ year old man to dream of marrying a 4-5 old child, and then ACTUALLY ask for her hand at 6? Is it normal for an oversexed old man (Muhammad had over 22 wives and concubines) to dream of a union with a 4-5 year old girl?
Muhammad was basically oversexed, his sexual relationship with Aisha is a special case, which fits his strong need for a larger latitude to satisfy his sexual urge, as is witnessed by: [Bukhari.1:268] "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven)."
When she was 6, Muhammad asked Abu Bakr, Aisha's father, for her hand. Abu Bakr thought it was improper, because, as he said "I am your brother"; Muhammad brushed aside Abu Bakr's reservation by saying that it was perfectly lawful for him to marry Aisha [ Ref: SAHIH BUKHAR I7:18].
...So, Aisha was betrothed to Muhammad, and 3 years later, i.e. when Aisha was 9, the marriage was consummated. And Muhammad was 53 then [SAHIH BUKHARI 5:236,7:64,7:65,7:88].
The 3 year waiting period probably had to do with the fact that at that time Aisha had contracted some disease, whereby she, temporarily lost her hair. Aisha was then socially and psychologically still a child as is evidenced by the fact that she was still given to her toys, she was unaware of what was happening around her, and her playmates behave as would the children at present times [Sahih Bukhari 8:151,5:234].
Aisha became Muhammad's favorite wife. And the sexuality in the relationship was predominant [ SAHIH BUKHARI .1.270, 3:36, 7:6, 3:148, 3:149, 3:150, 7:142, IbnSa'd 1pg165 ]. Later, Aisha was to be called the "mother of believers".
REFERENCES: (1) Les femmes du Prophete, Prof.Magali Morsi, Professor of History, University of Muhammed V, Rabat, Morocco. (2) Shahih Bukhari: [1.229] [1.230] [1.231] [1.232] [1.233] [1.258] [1.263] [1.267] [1.270] [1.294] [1.296] [1.298] [1.299] [3.148] [3.149] [3.150] [3.853] [4.736] [5.235] [5.236] [5.731] [7.14] [7.15] [7.57] [7.48] [7.57] [7.64] [7.65] [7.86] [7.88] [7.90] [7.144] [7.163] [8.151] [9.139] [9.140]
- from The Darabi Foundation
Apart from that little girl (Aisha), Mohammed had many other wives (he was a polygamist).
Surah 4:3 forbids more than 4 wives; Yet Muhammad had 16 wives + 6 others = total of 22 women (one a child).
WIVES OF MOHAMMED
(1) Khadija (2) Sawda (3) Aisha (4) Omm Salama (5) Hafsa (6) Zaynab
(7) Jowayriya (8) Omm Habiba (9) Safiya (10) Maymuna (11) Fatema
(12) Hend (13) Asma (14) Zaynab (15) Habla (16) Asma
The others were either slaves or concubines, #’s 3 and 4 were neither wives or slaves but Muslim women who simply gave themselves for the prophets sexual desires.
(1) Mary (2) Rayhana (3) Omm Sharik (4) Maymuna (5) Zaynab (6) Khawla
The status of women in Islam
A woman’s testimony was worth only half that of a man.
The Prophet said, ”Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?” He said, “This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.” Hadith vol. 3 no. 826
Mohammed ruled that women are to receive only half of what their brothers receive in inheritance, Hadith vol. 4, no. 10.
Thus women are financially punished for being females. Surah 4:11
The only mention of women in paradise in the Qur’an or Hadith is the whores (Houris) that await all faithful Muslim men who die in Jihad (holy war). Allah’s Apostle said, “In Paradise there is a pavilion made of a single hollow pearl sixty miles wide. In each corner there are wives who will not see those in the other corners; and the believers will visit and enjoy them.” Hadith vol. 6, no. 402.
The film ‘Not Without My Daughter’ starting Sally Field depicts the real life struggle of a woman who married a Muslim and almost lost her life to save her daughter and their freedom. Rent it at your local video store.
Muhammad wrote in the Sura 4:3 that it is unlawful to have more than four wives, but he had more than four. Muslim scholar Ali Dashti lists 22 women in Muhammad's life, including 16 wives. He also stole his adopted son's wife Zaynab and made her his own. One wife, Aesha, was only eight or nine years old when he took her to bed.
Female Muslims must be covered head to foot like Muhammad's women who needed it in the desert sun and sand.
Women are treated bad in Islam. Let's look at the Quran, Sura 4:34:
Men are the managers of the affairs of women...Those you fear may be rebellious--admonish; banish them to their couches and beat them.
Muslim women can be kept prisioners in their own homes and denied the right to go outside the house if the husband orders. They can't even vote in some countries. In Iran they must carry written permission from their husbands to go outside the house. In Saudi Arabia, they are prohibited from driving a car. When some women in Saudia Arabia drove cars in the fall of 1990, they were castigated from every direction and admonished not to talk to Western reporters. One woman said, "The issue is not driving. It is that here in Saudi Arabia, I exist as a person from the bellybutton to the knees."
Muhammad wanted his son's wife and when his son didn't want to give her up, Muhammad had a "convenient revelation" from heaven which said a father can take his adopted son's wife.
Read Sura 33:36-38:
"...When Zaid had accomplished what he would of her, then we gave her in marriage to you, so that there should not be any fault in the believers, touching the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished what they would of them; and Allah's commandment must be performed. There is no fault in the prophet, touch what Allah had ordained for him."
This passage has led many Muslims to renounce Islam.
The Islamic definition of oppression makes anyone a target for war or subdued under Islam:
Orthodox Muslims believe that the Quranic commands are universal and thus applicable for all times. Jamal Badawi, a popular Muslims apologist, claims, “Actual armed Jihad is permissible under two conditions alone: one is for self-defense, and the other is for fighting against oppression.” Although, Badawi is quite accurate in describing the conditions of armed Jihad in Islam, what he fails to say that the definitions of “self defense” and “oppression” are much broader than usually understood. Many orthodox Muslims believe that if a nation’s leaders do not acknowledge the rule of Islam, then those rulers are “oppressors” and thus a legitimate target for War. Many Muslims argue that America is a cultural aggressor by exporting its Hollywood value all over the world, and thus any fight against Americans is done in self defense. Therefore, there is no end to how a Muslim group can define “self-defense” and “oppression” and thus find an Islamic justification for violence.
The oldest biography of the prophet Muhammad was written by Ibn Ishaq in the second century of the Islamic ear and was later edited Ibn Hishim in the third century. This work was translated into English under the title The Life of Muhammad by A. Guillaume and published by Oxford University Press in 1955. The following accounts are some of the sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad and his close companions found in this biography.
In the constitution of Medina, which the prophet wrote when he an his followers migrated from Mecca in the year 622, we read, “A believer shall not slay a believer for the sake of an unbeliever, nor shall he aid an unbeliever against a believer… Believers are friends one to the other to the exclusion of outsiders… The believers must avenge the blood of one another shed in the way of God.”
The first in the series of assassinations that the prophet ordered was an old Jewish man named Ibnu’l-Ashraf. His crime was writing poetry against Muslims. “The apostle said, ‘who will rid me of Ibnu’l-Ashraf?’” One of his followers volunteered and said, “I will deal with him for you, O apostle of God, I will kill him.” And the prophet responded by saying, “Do so if you can.” The prophet also explicitly gave his assassins permission to lie and use trickery in order to accomplish their mission. The report goes on to describe how the prophet’s followers deceived the old man out of his house in the middle of the night and jumped on him with swords and daggers and brutally murdered him. After completing their mission, the followers reported back to the prophet that they “had killed God’s enemy.” The author concludes this incident by writing, “Our attack upon God’s enemy cast terror among the Jews, and there was no Jew in Medina who did not fear for his life.”
Another assassination ordered by the prophet was regarding his uncle Abu Sufyan, the leader of the pagan opposition in Mecca. Muslim volunteers traveled to Mecca to carry out this mission. The assassination attempt failed, however. On the way back to Medina, one of the followers of the prophet encountered a one-eyed shepherd who confidently claimed that he would never accept Islam. We pick up the account from the Muslim assassin himself. As soon as the man was “asleep and snoring I got up and killed him in a more horrible way than any man has been killed. I put the end of my bow in his sound eye, then bore down on it until I forced it out at the back of his neck… When I got to Medina… the apostle asked my news and when I told him what happened he blessed me.”
These aren’t even half of the stories. I could find many more. Muhammad viewed a mere insult as oppression and used that to give legitimate reasons to murder hundreds.
Exactly what did America do to start the war on terrorism? Sell a movie. That is all it takes. They bombed us first and we didn’t do anything violent to them. Most Muslims argue that America should be nuked off the face of the earth for supporting Israel.
The Quran is used to justify terrorism:
In a sermon broadcast on official Palestinian Authority television in 2000, Dr. Ahmad Abu Halabiya, a member of the Palestinian Authority’s Fatwa Council, declared: “Allah the almighty has called upon us not to ally with the Jews or Christians, not to like them, not to become their partners, not to support them, and not to sign agreements with them’…. Have no mercy on the Jews, no matter where they are, in any country. Fight them, wherever you are. Wherever you meet them, kill them.”
In this Abu Halabiya was quoting Quran 5:51 (“O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them”) and 9:5 (“slay the idolaters wherever ye find them”). He applied these words to the contemporary political situation: “Wherever you are, kill those Jews and those Americans who are like them- and those who stand by them- they are all in one trench, against Arabs and the Muslims- because they establish Israel here, in the beating heart of the Arab world, in Palestine. They created it to be outpost of their civilization- and the vanguard of their army, and to be the sword of the west and the crusaders, hanging over the necks of the monotheists, the Muslims in these lands.”
These are straight from the mouth of a well known terrorist leader.
The Islamic law states that anyone who does not accept Islam as their religion should be killed:
“Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him. Al-Bukhari, vol. 4, 55Abdul was clearly being held on trial, not for converting to Christianity, but for rejecting Islam. All the charges would have been dropped if he simply came back to Islam.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060325/...istian_convert
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan government faced heavy international pressure Friday to reconsider the charges against an Afghan man who faces a possible death sentence for converting from Islam to Christianity — and reports emerged that the man might be freed soon.
Pressure against the case has been building, and the Afghan government may be rethinking the charges against Abdul Rahman. A government official and MSNBC said Friday that Rahman may be freed within the next few days.
"He could be released soon," an Afghan government official told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on the case to the media.
MSNBC, citing an Afghan diplomatic official it did not identify, said Rahman, 41, could be released Monday. The British Broadcasting Corp. said government officials were meeting Saturday to discuss the case.
Senior clerics in the Afghan capital have voiced strong support for prosecuting Rahman and again warned Friday they would incite people to kill him unless he reverted to Islam.
Ansarullah Mawlavi Zada, the chief among three judges trying the case, asserted the autonomy of the court.
"We have constitution and law here. Nobody has the right to put pressure on us," he told the AP.
Australia's Prime Minister John Howard, meanwhile, joined the chorus of Western leaders expressing outrage over the prosecution and said he would protest personally to President Hamid Karzai.
"This is appalling. When I saw the report about this I felt sick literally," Howard told an Australian radio network Friday. "The idea that a person could be punished because of their religious belief and the idea they might be executed is just beyond belief."
Rahman faces the death penalty under
Afghanistan's Islamic laws for converting 16 years ago while working as a medical aid worker for an international Christian group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan.
Karzai's office has declined to comment on the case, which has put the Afghan leader in an awkward position.
Karzai took power after the ouster of the hard-line Taliban regime in a U.S.-led war in late 2001 and relies on international forces to maintain his still-shaky grip on the country.
But he would be reluctant to offend Islamic sensibilities at home or alienate religious conservatives wielding considerable power.
Diplomats have said the Afghan government is searching for a way to drop the case. On Wednesday, authorities said Rahman is suspected of being mentally ill and would undergo psychological examinations to see whether he is fit to stand trial.
Secretary of State
Condoleezza Rice phoned Karzai on Thursday, seeking a "favorable resolution" of the case. She said Washington looked forward to that "in the very near future."
Senior clerics condemned Rahman as an apostate.
Rahman had "committed the greatest sin" by converting to Christianity and deserved to be killed, cleric Abdul Raoulf said in a sermon Friday at Herati Mosque.
"God's way is the right way, and this man whose name is Abdul Rahman is an apostate," he told about 150 worshippers.
Another cleric, Ayatullah Asife Muhseni, told a gathering of preachers and intellectuals at a Kabul hotel that the Afghan president had no right to overturn the punishment of an apostate.
He also demanded that clerics be able to question Rahman in jail to discover why he had converted to Christianity. He suggested it could have been the result of a conspiracy by Western nations or Jews.
At a fruit market in Kabul, many ordinary Afghans said they supported the death penalty, but some wanted more investigation before meting out the punishment.
"In the past 30 years, so many Afghans have been killed in name of communism, Taliban and politics or for robbery. It's enough Afghans killed," said Ghulam Mohammed, 45, a former army officer. Clerics should talk to him (Rahman) and bring him to the right way."
KABUL, Afghanistan - Under mounting foreign pressure, President Hamid Karzai was grappling Saturday to find a way to free an Afghan man who converted from Islam to Christianity without angering powerful Muslim clerics who have called for him to be killed, officials said.
Top officials have said Abdul Rahman, who faces a possible death sentence for alleged apostasy, will be released soon, but clerics have questioned Karzai's authority to order his release and have warned of a possible revolt if he tries.
[U]"The Quran is very clear and the words of our prophet are very clear. There can only be one outcome: death," said cleric Khoja Ahmad Sediqi, who is also a member of the Supreme Court. "If Karzai releases him, it will play into the hands of our enemy and there could be an uprising."
Rahman is being prosecuted under [/U]
Afghanistan's Islamic laws for converting 16 years ago while working as a medical aid worker for an international Christian group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan.
The case has put Karzai in an awkward position.
While the United States, Britain and other countries that prop up his government have demanded Rahman's release, the president would be reluctant to offend Islamic sensibilities at home or alienate religious conservatives who wield considerable power. A respected cleric in the northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif, Mohammed Qasim, said, "We don't care if the West drops its support for us. God will look after Afghanistan."
The chief judge overseeing Rahman's trial has asserted the court's independence.
"We will continue with the trial as is my responsibility under the constitution," said Ansarullah Mawlavi Zada, who like most judges in Afghanistan, is also a cleric.
Asked about Rahman's health, the judge said it was "all right."
Authorities have barred journalists from seeing the 41-year-old defendant at a rundown central Kabul detention facility, where prisoners are packed into tiny, overcrowded cells and often rely on food handouts from relatives.
Diplomats have said the Afghan government is searching for a way to drop the case without inflaming tension here. Authorities said Rahman is suspected of being mentally ill and would undergo psychological examinations to see whether he is fit to stand trial.
An official at Karzai's palace said the president and several Cabinet ministers discussed Rahman's case on Saturday, but she declined to comment on the outcome. Hours earlier, another official said Rahman "could be released soon." Both spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media on the matter.
The trial highlights a conflict of values between Afghanistan and its Western backers — notably American Christians who cheered the administration of U.S.
President George W. Bush when it toppled the oppressive Taliban regime in late 2001.
Bush expressed alarm about the case this week, but Christian lobby groups have urged him to do more.
Legal experts have said that the case against Rahman is based on contradictory laws.
Afghanistan's constitution is based on Shariah law, which states that any Muslim who rejects Islam should be sentenced to death, according to Ahmad Fahim Hakim, deputy chairman of the state-sponsored Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission.
But the constitution adds that "the state shall abide by the ... Universal Declaration of Human Rights." Article 18 of the Declaration guarantees the freedom to worship and to "change" religion or belief.
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan court on Sunday dismissed a case against a man who converted from Islam to Christianity because of a lack of evidence and he will be released soon, officials said.
The announcement came as U.S.-backed President Hamid Karzai faced mounting foreign pressure to free Abdul Rahman, a move that risked angering Muslim clerics here who have called for him to be killed. An official closely involved with the case told The Associated Press that it had been returned to the prosecutors for more investigation, but that in the meantime, Rahman would be released.
"The court dismissed today the case against Abdul Rahman for a lack of information and a lot of legal gaps in the case," the official said Sunday, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
"The decision about his release will be taken possibly tomorrow," the official added. "They don't have to keep him in jail while the attorney general is looking into the case."
Abdul Wakil Omeri, a spokesman for the Supreme Court, confirmed that the case had been dismissed because of "problems with the prosecutors' evidence."
He said several of Rahman's family members have testified that the 41-year-old has mental problems. "It is the job of the attorney general's office to decide if he is mentally fit to stand trial," he told AP.
A Western diplomat, also declining to be identified because of the sensitivity of the case, said questions were being raised as to whether Rahman would stay in
Afghanistan or go into exile in a foreign country.
Secretary of State
Condoleezza Rice said she could not confirm that an Afghan court had dismissed the case and stressed the U.S. needs to respect the sovereignty of Afghanistan, which she called a "young democracy."
"We have our history of conflicts that had to be worked out after a new constitution. And so the Afghans are working on it. But America has stood solidly for religious freedom as a bedrock, the bedrock, of democracy, and we'll see." Rice said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."
Asked if American Christian missionaries should be encouraged to go to Afghanistan, Rice said: "I think that Afghans are pleased to get the help that they can get" but added "we need to be respectful of Afghan sovereignty."
Rahman has been prosecuted under Afghanistan's Islamic laws for converting 16 years ago while working as a medical aid worker for an international Christian group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan. He was arrested last month and charged with apostasy. Muslim clerics had threatened to incite Afghans to kill Rahman if the government freed him. They said he clearly violated Islamic Shariah law by rejecting Islam.
The case against Rahman put Karzai in an awkward position.
While the U.S., Britain and other countries that prop-up his government have demanded the trial be dropped, Karzai has had to be careful not to offend Islamic sensibilities at home and alienate religious conservatives who wield considerable power.
Rahman had been held at a detention facility in central Kabul since his arrest, but he was moved to the notorious Policharki Prison just outside Kabul on Friday after threats were made against him by other inmates, prison warden Gen. Shahmir Amirpur told AP.
Policharki, a high-security prison housing some 2,000 inmates, including about 350 Taliban and al-Qaida militants who were blamed for inciting a riot there late last month that killed six people.
"We are watching him constantly. This is a very sensitive case so he needs high security," he said in an interview in his office in a crumbling building inside the jail.
Rahman is being held in a cell by himself next to the office of a senior prison guard, the warden said. He showed the AP the outside of Rahman's cell door, but refused to allow reporters to speak to him or see him.
He said Rahman had been asking guards for a Bible but that they did not have any to give him.
Rahman, meanwhile, said he was fully aware of his choice and was ready to die for it, according to an interview published Sunday in an Italian newspaper La Repubblica.
"I am serene. I have full awareness of what I have chosen. If I must die, I will die," Abdul Rahman told the Rome daily, responding to questions sent to him via a human rights worker who visited him in prison. "Somebody, a long time ago, did it for all of us," he added in a clear reference to Jesus.
Rahman also told the Italian newspaper that his family — including his ex-wife and teenage daughters — reported him to the authorities three weeks ago.
He said he made his choice to become a Christian "in small steps," after he left Afghanistan 16 years ago. He moved to Pakistan, then Germany. He tried to get a visa in Belgium.
"In Peshawar I worked for a humanitarian organization. They were Catholics," Rahman said. "I started talking to them about religion, I read the Bible, it opened my heart and my mind."
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan man who had faced the death penalty for converting from Islam to Christianity quickly vanished Tuesday after he was released from prison, apparently out of fear for his life with Muslim clerics still demanding his death.
Italy's Foreign Minister Gianfranco Fini said he would ask his government to grant Abdul Rahman asylum. Fini was among the first to speak out on the man's behalf.
Rahman, 41, was released from the high-security Policharki prison on the outskirts of Kabul late Monday, Afghan Justice Minister Mohammed Sarwar Danish told The Associated Press.
"We released him last night because the prosecutors told us to," he said. "His family was there when he was freed, but I don't know where he was taken."
Deputy Attorney-General Mohammed Eshak Aloko said prosecutors had issued a letter calling for Rahman's release because "he was mentally unfit to stand trial." He also said he did not know where Rahman had gone after being released.
He said Rahman may be sent overseas for medical treatment.
On Monday, hundreds of clerics, students and others chanting "Death to Christians!" marched through the northern Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif to protest the court decision Sunday to dismiss the case. Several Muslim clerics threatened to incite Afghans to kill Rahman if he is freed, saying that he is clearly guilty of apostasy and deserves to die.
"Abdul Rahman must be killed. Islam demands it," said senior Cleric Faiez Mohammed, from the nearby northern city of Kunduz. "The Christian foreigners occupying
Afghanistan are attacking our religion." Rahman was arrested last month after police discovered him with a Bible during a custody dispute over his two daughters. He was put on trial last week for converting 16 years ago while he was a medical aid worker for an international Christian group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan. He faced the death penalty under Afghanistan's Islamic laws.
The case set off an outcry in the United States and other nations that helped oust the hard-line Taliban regime in late 2001 and provide aid and military support for Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
President Bush and others had insisted Afghanistan protect personal beliefs.
U.N. spokesman Adrian Edwards said Rahman has asked for asylum outside Afghanistan.
"We expect this will be provided by one of the countries interested in a peaceful solution to this case," he said.
Fini, the Italian foreign minister who is also deputy premier, will seek permission to grant Rahman asylum at a Cabinet meeting Wednesday, a Foreign Ministry statement said.
Fini had earlier expressed Italy's "indignation" over the case.
Pope Benedict XVI also appealed to Karzai to protect Rahman.
Italy has close ties with Afghanistan, whose former king, Mohammed Zaher Shah, was allowed to live with his family in exile in Rome for 30 years. The former royals returned to Kabul after the fall of the Taliban regime a few years ago.
Asked whether the U.S. government was doing anything to secure Rahman's safety after his release, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said in Washington that where he goes after being freed is "up to Mr. Rahman." He urged Afghans not to resort to violence even if they are unhappy with the resolution of the case.
The international outrage over Rahman's case put Karzai in a difficult position because he also risked offending religious sensibilities in Afghanistan, where senior Muslim clerics have been united in calling for Rahman to be executed.
The United States and other western countries freed him.
Muslims are massacring non-muslims:
Not to forget the unprovoked, unannounced mass slaughter of innocent American people by the followers of Muhammad in 9/11.http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/jihad.htm
Sudan jihad forces Islam
Women refusing to convert gang-raped,
mutilated, says relief worker
Posted: March 4, 2002
1:00 a.m. Eastern
By Art Moore
© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com
For more information, see the video, "Sudan: The Hidden Holocaust"
Sudan's militant Muslim regime is slaughtering Christians who refuse to convert to Islam, according to the head of an aid group who recently returned from the African nation.
The forced conversions are just one aspect of the Khartoum government's self-declared jihad on the mostly Christian and animist south, Dennis Bennett, executive director of Seattle-based Servant's Heart told WorldNetDaily.
Villagers in several areas of the northeast Upper Nile region say that when women are captured by government forces they are asked: "Are you Christian or Muslim?"
Women who answer "Muslim" are set free, but typically soldiers gang-rape those who answer "Christian" then cut off their breasts and leave them to die as an example for others.
Bennett says these stories are corroborated by witnesses from several tribes in the region. Upon returning to the U.S., he wrote a letter to influential members of Congress and activists.
"After witnessing once again the situation on the ground there," Bennett wrote, "I must ask 'How long will the United States government allow the Government of Sudan to continue its jihad against the Black African Christians of South Sudan?'"
Backed by Muslim clerics, the National Islamic Front regime in the Arab and Muslim north declared a jihad, or holy war, on the south in 1989. Since 1983, an estimated 2 million people have died from war and related famine. About 4.5 million have become refugees.
Sudan's holy war against the south was reaffirmed in October by First Vice President Ali Osman Taha.
"The jihad is our way, and we will not abandon it and will keep its banner high," he said to a brigade of mujahedin fighters heading for the war front, according to Sudan's official SUNA news agency. "We will never sell out our faith and will never betray the oath to our martyrs."
The U.S. House of Representatives adopted a resolution finding that Khartoum is "systematically committing genocide," but current legislation that would impose sanctions has been stalled. The Sudan Peace Act is opposed by both the White House and Wall Street.
Sanctions in the House version of the bill target oil revenues that Khartoum is using to fuel its war effort. Bennett, with 20 years experience in international risk management and banking, said he was the first to probe the link between oil and jihad that is now documented and publicized by human rights groups. His research began in 1996 when he asked: If you're the government of Sudan and you're broke, how are you paying for your war?
In his letter urging action by the U.S., he points out that Sudan's military continues to decorate and promote known war criminals such as Commander Taib Musba, who in the mid-1980s killed an estimated 15,000 unarmed, civilian, ethnic Uduk Christians.
In 1986, Musba entered the Uduk tribal capital of Chali and declared to its Christians: "You are all going to convert from Christianity to Islam today, because here is what's going to happen to you if you don't."
Musba then killed five church leaders in front of the gathered villagers. When they refused to convert, he began killing unarmed men, women and children. Some were herded at gunpoint into a hut then run over by a 50-ton, Soviet-made tank.
He also herded groups of about a dozen people into a hut, where he asked the first person "Do you renounce Jesus Christ?" Anyone who refused was killed by a three-inch nail driven into the top of the head.
The U.N. high commissioner for refugees granted the Uduks international refugee status in 1992 after investigating the atrocities, but almost as many died during the six years they waited for the declaration.
Islam also is forced on Sudanese in the Muslim north. Security police in Khartoum are pursuing a local convert to Christianity who went into hiding three weeks ago to escape arrest and possible death, the Compass Direct news service reports.
Aladin Omer Agabni Mohammed, who left Islam 11 years ago to become a Christian, is subject to the death penalty under Sudanese criminal law for "apostasy." According to a church leader, two other converts face a similar situation.
Bennett says that in addition to the more immediate, readily apparent atrocities taking place, there is a slower, less perceptive persecution that is equally deadly.
Forced starvation is one of the primary tools of the Khartoum regime, he says. When government forces attack a Christian village, they kill everyone they catch, but those who flee lose everything necessary for survival. "The government comes in and burns the crops, burns grain stored if there was any excess, burns houses down," Bennett said. "Now you have only the clothes on your back, no tools, no cooking pots, no buckets for water, and you have to run two days through the bush in 115-degree temperatures in order to escape."
In the arid wilderness, escapees try to survive on tree leaves and stagnant, dysentery-infested water. If a women is breastfeeding, her milk dries up, Bennett said, and the baby starts dying. Small children, just weaned, also start dying.
"But all the family has to do is change their name to Muhammad or Ramadan, convert to Islam and walk the two days back to the government of Sudan who will care for them," he said.
Last year, the government of Sudan burned all the crops in the area where Bennett's group works.
"There wasn't anything to harvest," he said. "Literally we saw people eating roots and tree leaves. It's like eating the nutritional properties of cardboard. It's enough to put something in your stomach but not enough to feed you."
A food drop came from the U.N. World Food Program, he said, "but they never came in to do an assessment; they just dropped it from the air."
As the "hungry season" approaches – the rainy period of June, July and early August – emergency food supplies become critical. Servant's Heart believes it will need to feed 50,000 people in its area during that time.
Slavery as tool of terror
Slavery is another tool of the National Islamic Front regime, though Bennett says it is not known in the northeast Upper Nile region, mainly because of lack of transportation.
Western Bahr El Ghazal is one location where it persists because the railroad line allows captured men, women and children to be taken to slave markets in the north.
"If you want to end systematic slavery, blow up the train line and keep it blown up," Bennett said.
The ongoing controversy surrounding slave redemption – the practice of buying freedom promoted by some humanitarian groups – arose again in the past week when the Irish Times and Washington Post published exposes acknowledging the existence of slavery in Sudan but alleging that fake slave redemption is taking place.
Bennett respects the work of groups buying back the slaves, but he believes it is inevitable that some will be conned. Engaging in the practice is a matter of individual conscience, he says.
"Anytime you have tens of thousands of American dollars coming into an area you've got potential problems of corruption," Bennett said.
He says the "jury is still out" on whether it fuels the market by increasing demand.
"Slave-taking would still be happening even if nobody was buying back slaves," he said. "Maybe not to the full extent."
But he believes it's important to keep in mind that taking slaves is "just one more facet of the jihad against the civilian population" in southern Sudan. The methods may vary in different parts of the country, but the aim is the same.
"In the Uduk tribe, Taib Musba drove three-inch nails into people's heads," he said. "In northeast Upper Nile, they are gang-raping women and cutting off their breasts; in western Bahr El Ghazal, they are capturing women and selling them as slaves."
Islam claims that the Quran is the continuation of the Bible and that the Bible is corrupt, when really Islam teaches many lies about the Bible:
• Christians worship three gods: the Father, the Mother (Mary), and the Son (Jesus) (Sura 5:73-75, 116) Yusuf Ali's translation deliberately mistranslates Sura 5:73 by saying "They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity". The words "in a Trinity" are not in the Arabic text. The Aramic says, "Allah is the third of three".
• Christians bow in prayer towards Jeruselem (Sura 2:144, 145)
• Wine and sex in heaven (Sura 2:25; 4:57; 11:23; 47:15). Was this not Muhammad's desire?
• It took eight days to create the earth. (Sura 41:9, 10, 12 -- 4+4+2=8 days). The Bible says six days. Other Suras say six days (7:51, 10:3)
• One of the sons of Noah refused to go into the ark and was drowned in the flood (Sura 11:32-48). The Bible says all three went in.
• The ark came to rest on Mount Judi (Sura 11:44). The Bible says it came to rest on Mount Ararat.
In comparison of information, the Bible is correct. Noah's ark does rest on Mt. Ararat today and not only that, but scientifically the Bible gave specific measurements of the ark, the Quran does not. The measurements of the unnatural formation on Mt. Ararat match that of the Biblical description.
• Abraham father's name was Azar (Sura 6:74). The Bible says it was Terah.
• Abraham lived in the valley of Mecca (Sura 14:37). The Bible says he lived in Hebron.
• Abraham went to sacrifice Ishmael (Sura 37:100-112). The Bible says it was Issac.
• Abraham built the Kabah (Sura 2:125-127). The Bible does not say this.
• Abraham was thrown into a fire [by Nimrod]. The tale of Abraham being delivered from Nimrod's fire came from the Jewish Midrash Rabbah and was incorporated into the Quran (see Suras 21:51-71; 37:97,98). It must be also pointed out that Nimrod and Abraham did not live at the same time. Muhammad was always mixing people together in the Quran who did not live at the same time. The Bible tells us Nimrod lived MANY CENTURIES BEFORE ABRAHAM--HE COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS.
• Throughout the Quran--Nimrod and Abraham, Haman and Moses, Mary and Aaron, etc. were all pictured as living and working together. Moses and the flood are found together, the tower of Babel and Pharoh, etc. like they all happened at the same time.
• Man who bought Joseph was named Aziz (Sura 12:21ff). The Bible says it was Potiphar.
• Quran messes up numerous Bible people. Goliath becomes Jalut, Saul becomes Talut, Enoch Idris, John the Baptist Yahya, Jonah Yunus, etc. Because Muhammad had no Bible to read he frequently got the names and events all wrong--but then again, he was supposed to be a prophet!
• Pharoh's wife adopted Moses (Sura 28:8, 9). Bible says it was Pharoh's daughter.
• Noah's flood took place in Moses day (Sura 7:136, 7:59).
• Crucifixion was used in Pharoah's time (Sura 7:124)
• Mary gave birth to Jesus under a palm tree (Sura 19:22)
• Mary mother of Jesus is Moses' sister Miriam (Sura19:28). Muhammad was clueless.
• Made up miracles of Mary (Sura 19:23-26).
• Zacharias could not speak for only three days (Sura 19:10)
• The test of how soldiers drank water came in the days of David and Saul (Sura 2:249, 250--actually it was years earlier with Gideon.
The Quran contradicts itself many times:
Contradictions in the Quran:
1. Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? Sura 34:50 commands Muhammad to say, "If I go astray, I go astray only to my own loss," which is a severe factual error in the Qur'an as well as contradicting the teaching of the Qur'an in a number of other verses.
2. Allah, Adam, and the Angels. There are a great number of problems and inconsistencies between the several accounts of Adam's creation, Allah's command to prostrate before Adam, Satans refusal, etc.
3. Who Was the First Muslim? Muhammad [6:14, 163], Moses [7:143], some Egyptians [26:51], or Abraham [2:127-133, 3:67] or Adam, the first man who also received inspiration from Allah [2:37]?
4. Can Allah be seen and did Muhammad see his Lord? Yes [S. 53:1-18, 81:15-29], No [6:102-103, 42:51].
5. Were Warners Sent to All Mankind Before Muhammad? Allah had supposedly sent warners to every people [10:47, 16:35-36, 35:24], Abraham and Ishmael are specifically claimed to have visited Mecca and built the Kaaba [2:125-129]. Yet, Muhammad supposedly is sent to a people who never had a messenger before [28:46, 32:3, 34:44, 36:2-6]. This article also raises other issues: What about Hud and Salih who supposedly were sent to the Arabs? What about the Book that was supposedly given to Ishmael? Etc.
6. What will be the food for the people in Hell? The food for the people in Hell will be only "Dhari" [Sura 88:6], or only foul pus from the washing of wounds [S. 69:36], or will they also get to eat from the tree of Zaqqum [S. 37:66]? Together, these verses constitute three contradictions.
7. Can Angels Cause the Death of People? The Qur'an attacks those who worship anyone besides God (e.g. angels or prophets) because those can neither create, nor give life, nor cause anyone to die. Yet, the Qur'an explicitly states that one angel or several angels are causing certain people to die [Sura 4:97, 16:28, 32, 32:11].
8. Confusion Concerning Identity of the Spirit and Gabriel (a long discussion of dozens of references)
9. 'Iddah rules for divorced and widowed women appear to be arbitrary and inconsistent.
10. To Marry or Not to Marry? The Qur'an forbids believers to marry idolatrous women [Sura 2:221], and calls Christians idolaters and unbelievers [9:28-33], but still allows Muslims to marry Christian women [5:5].
11. Will Allah reward the good deeds of Unbelievers? S. 9:17 and 9:69 clearly say no. However, S. 99:7 implies yes. Moreover, S. 2:62 promises Christians reward for their good deeds. But S. 9:28-33; 5:17, 72-73 calls Christians idolaters, and S. 9:17 is very clear that idolaters will have no reward.
12. How many mothers does a Muslim have? Only one [58:2, the woman who gave birth and none else], or two [4:23, including the mother who nursed him], or at least ten [33:6]?
13. And it just doesn't add up: Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Qur'anic inheritance law. When a man dies, and is leaving behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife, they will receive the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together [both according to verse 4:11] and 1/8 for the wife [4:12] which adds up to more than the available estate. A second example: A man leaves only his mother, his wife and two sisters, then they receive 1/3 [mother, 4:11], 1/4 [wife, 4:12] and 2/3 [the two sisters, 4:176], which again adds up to 15/12 of the available property.
14. How many angels were talking to Mary? When the Qur'an speaks about the announciation of the birth of Jesus to the virgin Mary, Sura 3:42,45 speaks about (several) angels while it is only one in Sura 19:17-21.
15. Further numerical discrepancies Does Allah's day equal to 1,000 human years (Sura 22:47, 32:5) or 50,000 human years (Sura 70:4)? --- According to Sura 56:7 there will be THREE distinct groups of people at the Last Judgement, but 90:18-19, 99:6-8, etc. mention only TWO groups. --- There are conflicting views on who takes the souls at death: THE Angel of Death [32:11], THE angels (plural) [47:27] but also "It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death." [39:42] Angels have 2, 3, or 4 pairs of wings [35:1]; but Gabriel had 600 wings. [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 455]
16. How many days did Allah need to destroy the people of Aad? One day [54:19] or several days [41:16; 69:6,7]
17. Six or eight days of creation? Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days. But in 41:9-12 the detailed description of the creation procedure adds up to eight days.
18. Quick or Slow Creation? Allah creates the heavens and the earth in six days [7:54] and many Muslims want to be modern and scientific, and make that six eons, but then again, He creates instantaneously [2:117], "Be! And it is".
19. Heavens or Earth? Which was created first? First earth and then heaven [2:29], heaven and after that earth [79:27-30].
20. Calling together or ripping apart? In the process of creation heaven and earth were first apart and are called to come together [41:11], while 21:30 states that they were originally one piece and then ripped apart.
21. What was man created from? A blood clot [96:1-2], water [21:30, 24:45, 25:54], "sounding" (i.e. burned) clay [15:26], dust [3:59, 30:20, 35:11], nothing [19:67] and this is then denied in 52:35, earth [11:61], a drop of thickened fluid [16:4, 75:37]
22. Fully Detailed Or Incomplete? The Qur'an claims for itself to be (fully) detailed, that nothing is left out of the book [6:38, 6:114, 12:111, 16:89 etc.]. However there are plenty of important issues which are left unclear in the Qur'an. This article discusses the confusion found in the quranic statements on wine.
23. Worshiping the Same or a Different God? Muhammad is commanded to speak to the disbelievers: ... nor do you worship what I worship [109:3]. However, other verses in the Qur'an state clearly that those disbelieving his message are in fact worshiping the same God, Allah.
24. To Intercede or Not To Intercede? - That is the Question! The Qur'an makes contradictory statements whether on the Day of Judgment intercession will be possible. No: [2:122-123, 254; 6:51; 82:18-19; etc.]. Yes: [20:109; 34:23; 43:86; 53:26; etc.]. Each position can be further supported by ahadith.
25. Where is Allah and his throne? Allah is nearer than the jugular vein [50:16], but he is also on the throne [57:4] which is upon the water [11:7], and at the same time so far away, that it takes between 1,000 and 50,000 years to reach him [32:5, 70:4].
26. The origin of calamity? Is the evil in our life from Satan [38:41], Ourselves [4:79], or Allah [4:78]?
27. Does Allah command to do evil? No [7:28, 16:90]. Yes [17:16, ]. Two examples are also given, where Allah clearly commanded or permitted indecent actions [2:229-230, 2:187].
28. How merciful is Allah's mercy? He has prescribed mercy for himself [6:12], yet he does not guide some, even though he could [6:35, 14:4].
29. Will there be inquiry in Paradise? "neither will they question one another" [23:101] but nevertheless they will be "engaging in mutual inquiry" [52:25], "and they will ... question one another" [37:27].
30. Are angels protectors? "NO protector besides Allah" [2:107, 29:22]. But in Sura 41:31 the angels themselves say: "We are your protectors in this life and the Hereafter." And also in other suras is their role described as guarding [13:11, 50:17-18] and protecting [82:10].
31. Is everything devoutly obedient to Allah? That is the claim in 30:26, but dozens of verses speak of the proud disobedience of Satan [7:11, 15:28-31, 17:61, 20:116, 38:71-74, 18:50] as well of many different human beings who reject His commands and His revelations.
32. Does Allah forgive shirk? Shirk is considered the worst of all sins, but the author of the Qur'an seems unable to decide if Allah will ever forgive it or not. No [4:48, 116], Yes [4:153, 25:68-71]. Abraham committed this sin of polytheism as he takes moon, sun, stars to be his Lord [6:76-78], yet Muslims believe that all prophets are without any sin.
33. The event of worship of the golden calf: The Israelites repented about worshipping the golden calf BEFORE Moses returned from the mountain [7:149], yet they refused to repent but rather continued to worship the calf until Moses came back [20:91]. Does Aaron share in their guilt? No [20:85-90], yes [20:92, 7:151].
34. Was Jonah cast on the desert shore or was he not? "Then We cast him on a desert shore while he was sick" [37:145] "Had not Grace from his Lord reached him, he would indeed have been cast off on the naked shore while he was reprobate." [68:49]
35. Moses and the Injil? Jesus is born more than 1,000 years after Moses, but in 7:157 Allah speaks to Moses about what is written in the Injil [the book given to Jesus].
36. Can slander of chaste women be forgiven? Yes [24:5], No [24:23].
37. How do we receive the record on Judgment Day? On Judgement day the lost people are given the Record (of their bad deeds): Behind their back [84:10], or in their left hand [69:25].
38. Can angels disobey? No angel is arrogant, they all obey Allah [16:49-50], but: "And behold, we said to the ANGELS: 'Bow down to Adam'. And THEY bowed down, EXCEPT Iblis. He refused and was haughty." [2:34].
39. Three contradictions in 2:97 and 16:101-103 Who brings the revelation from Allah to Muhammad? The ANGEL Gabriel [2:97], or the Holy Spirit [16:102]? The new revelation confirms the old [2:97] or substitutes it [16:101]? The Qur'an is PURE Arabic [16:103] but there are numerous foreign, non-Arabic words in it.
40. The infinite loop problem Sura 26:192,195,196: "It (the Qur'an) is indeed a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds, ... in clear Arabic speech and indeed IT (the Qur'an) is in the writings of the earlier (prophets)." Now, the 'earlier writings' are the Torah and the Injil for example, written in Hebrew and Greek. HOW can an ARABIC Qur'an be contained in books of other languages? Furthermore, it would have to contain this very passage of the Qur'an since the Qur'an is properly contained in them. Hence these earlier writings have to be contained in yet other earlier writings and we are in an infinite loop, which is absurd.
41. Is the Torah like the Qur'an, or is it not? The Muslim claim of the corruption of the Bible leads to a contradiction between S. 2:24 and 17:88 on the one hand, and 28:49 and 46:10 on the other.
42. "An old woman" and God's character About the story of Lot: "So we delivered him and his family, - all exept an old woman who lingered behind." [Sura 26:170-171] And again: "But we saved him and his family, exept his wife: she was of those who lagged behind. [Sura 7:83]. Either this is a contradiction or if indeed Lot's wife is derogatorily called "an old woman" then this does not show much respect for her as a wife of a prophet.
43. More problems with the story of Lot "And his people gave NO answer but this: They said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" [Sura 7:82 & 27:56]. Yet: "But his people gave NO answer but this: They said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth." [Sura 29:29]. Obviously these answers are different.
44. The "pleasure" of Allah? Is God's action of punishment or mercy and guidance or misguidance arbitrary?
45. Did Abraham smash the idols? The accounts of Abraham, Suras 19:41-49, 6:74-83 differ quite a bit from Sura 21:51-59. While in Sura 21 Abraham confronts his people strongly, and even destroys the idols, in Sura 19 Abraham shuts up after his father threatens him to stone him for speaking out against the idols. And he seems not only to become silent, but even to leave the area ("turning away from them all").
46. What about Noah's son? According to Sura 21:76, Noah and his family is saved from the flood, and Sura 37:77 confirms that his seed survived. But Sura 11:42-43 reports that Noah's son drowns.
47. Was Noah driven out? "Before them *the people of Noah* rejected (their messenger): They rejected Our servant and said, 'Here is One possessed!' And he was driven out." [Sura 54:9] Now, if he is driven out [expelled from their country] how come they can scoff at him while he is building the ark since we read "Forthwith he (starts) constructing the Ark: Every time that the Chiefs of *his people* passed by him, they threw ridicule on him." [Sura 11:38] He cannot be both: Driven out and near enough that they can regularly pass by.
48. Pharaoh's Magicians: Muslims or Rejectors of Faith? Did the Magicians of Pharaoh, Egyptians, become believers in the God of Moses [7:103-126; 20:56-73; S. 26:29-51] or did only Israelites believe in Moses [10:83]?
49. Pharaoh's repentance in the face of death? According to Sura 10:90-92, Pharaoh repented "in the sight of death" and was saved. But Sura 4:18 says that such a thing can't happen.
50. Abrogation? "The words of the Lord are perfect in truth and justice; there is NONE who can change His words." [Sura 6:115] Also see 6:34 and 10:64. But then Allah (Muhammad?) sees the need to exchange some of them for "better ones" [Sura 2:106, 16:101]. And it is not for ignorant people to question Allah because of such practices!
51. Guiding to truth? "Say: 'God - He guides to the truth; and which is worthier to be followed ...?" [Sura 10:35] But how much is left over of this worthiness when we also read: "Allah leads astray whom he pleases, and he guides whom He pleases, ..." [Sura 14:4]. And how do we know in which of Allah's categories of pleasure we fall? How sure can a Muslim be that he is one of those guided right and not one of those led astray?
52. What is the punishment for adultery? Flogging with a 100 stripes (men and women) [24:2], "confine them to houses until death do claim them (lifelong house arrest - for the women) [4:15]. For men: "If they repent and amend, leave them alone" [4:16]. 24:2 contradicts both the procedure for women and men in Sura 4. And why is the punishment for women and men equal in Sura 24 but different in Sura 4?
53. Who suffers the consequence of sins? The Qur'an declares that everyone will be held responsible only for his own sins [S. 17:13-15, 53:38-42]. Yet, the Qur'an accuses the Jews of Muhammad's day for the sins committed some 2000 years earlier by other Jews, e.g. worshipping the Golden Calf idol.
54. Will Christians enter Paradise or go to Hell? Sura 2:62 and 5:69 say "Yes", Sura 5:72 (just 3 verses later) and 3:85 say "No".
55. God alone or also men? Clear or incomprehensible? The Qur'an is "clear Arabic speech." [16:103] Yet "NONE knows its interpretation, save only Allah." [3:7]. Actually, "men of understanding do grasp it." [3:7]
56. Was Pharaoh Drowned or Saved when chasing Moses and the Israelites? Saved [10:92], drowned [28:40, 17:103, 43:55].
57. When Commanded Pharaoh the Killing of the Sons? When Moses was a Prophet and spoke God's truth to Pharaoh [40:23-25] or when he was still an infant [20:38-39]?
58. When/how are the fates determined? "The night of power is better than a thousand months. The angels and spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees." [97:3,4] "Lo! We revealed it on a blessed night." [44:3] To Muslims, the "Night of Power" is a blessed night on which fates are settled and on which everything relating to life, death, etc., which occurs throughout the year is decreed. It is said to be the night on which Allah's decrees for the year are brought down to the earthly plane. In other words, matters of creation are decreed a year at a time. Contradicting this, Sura 57:22 says, "No affliction befalls in the earth or in your selves, but it is in a Book before we create it." This means it is written in the Preserved Tablet, being totally fixed in Allah's knowledge before anyone was created. All of the above is contradicted by "And every man's fate We have fastened to his own neck." This says that man alone is responsible for what he does and what happens to him. [17:13]
59. Wine: Good or bad? Strong drink and ... are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. [5:90, also 2:219]. Yet on the other hand in Paradise are rivers of wine [47:15, also 83:22,25]. How does Satan's handiwork get into Paradise?
60. Good News of Painful Torture? Obviously, announcing torment and suffering to anyone is bad news, not good news. However, the Qur'an announces the good news of painful torment [3:21, 4:138, 9:3, 9:34, 31:7, 45:8, and 84:24].
61. Jinns and men created for worship or for Hell? Created only to serve God [Sura 51:56], many of them made for Hell [Sura 7:179].
62. Will all Muslims go to Hell? According to Sura 19:71 every Muslim will go to Hell (for at least some time), while another passage states that those who die in Jihad will go to Paradise immediately.
63. Will Allah disgrace Muslims? On the day of judgment Allah will not humiliate or disgrace the Prophet and those who believe in him [S. 66:8]. However, 19:71 says that everyone will enter Hell, and 3:192 states that whomsoever Allah sends to Hell, is disgraced thereby.
64. Will Jesus burn in Hell? Jesus is raised to Allah, [Sura 4:158], near stationed with him [Sura 3:45], worshiped by millions of Christians, yet Sura 21:98 says, that all that are worshiped by men besides Allah will burn in Hell together with those who worship them.
65. Is Jesus God or Not? In Sura 16:17, 20-21 and S. 25:3 we find a criterion to distinguish the true God from false gods. Yet, according to S. 3:49, 55, 4:157-158, 5:110, 6:2, and 38:71-72 Jesus satisfies the definition and should be considered true Deity.
66. Can there be a son without a consort? Allah cannot have a son without a consort [Sura 6:101], but Mary can have a son without a consort because that is easy for Allah [Sura 19:21].
67. Who is the father of Jesus? A more involved argument that is difficult to summarize in one sentence.
68. Begetting and Self-sufficiency A self-contradiction on account of confused terminology.
69. Could Allah have a son? Sura 39:4 affirms and Sura 6:101 denies this possibility.
70. Did Jesus Die already? Sura 3:144 states that all messengers died before Muhammad. But 4:158 claims that Jesus was raised to God (alive?).
71. One Creator or many? The Qur'an uses twice the phrase that Allah is "the best of creators" [23:14, 37:125]. What other creators are in mind? On the other hand, many verses make clear that Allah alone is "the creator of all things" [e.g. 39:62]. There is nothing left for others to be a creator of.
72. From among all nations or from Abraham's seed? Sura 29:27 states that all prophets came Abraham's seed. But 16:36 claims that Allah raised messengers from among every people.
73. Marrying the wives of adopted sons? It is important that Muslims can marry the divorced wives of adopted sons [Sura 33:37], yet it is forbidden to adopt sons [Sura 33:4-5].
74. Messengers were never sent to other than their own people? So it is claimed in Sura 14:4 and 30:47. However, the Bible and the Qur'an, and the Muslim traditions confirm that Jonah was sent to a different nation.
75. Messengers Amongst the Jinns and Angels? Allah sent only men as messengers [Suras 12:109, 21:7-8, 25:20-21] but there seemingly are messengers from Jinns and Angels [6:130; 11:69,77; 22:75; etc., see article for details].
There are many more than just this, roughly a total of 101.
The Meccan verses have been abrogated by the Medina verses:
In Mecca, for the 13 years before His migration to Medina, the Prophet received the ?rst part of the Koran-the Mecca part. This Mecca period established the moral and ethical foundation of the Muslim community.
Because this peaceful and voluntary Mecca message of fundamental social and economic egalitarianism was violently rejected in Mecca and Arabia in general, the Mecca message was not suitable for that stage of human development. Thus, the Prophet's migration to Medina not only signified a tactical move to seek a more receptive environment, but also a shift in the content of the message itself.
The rest of the Koran-the Medina message-which later became codified in Shari'a as the model for an Islamic state by the majority of Muslims, was a step backward. For example, there are many verses in the Koran from the Mecca message which say there is no compulsion in matters of religion or belief and people should be left to decide for themselves whether they want to believe or not believe. In the Medina message, there are verses that say one should go out and fight infidels wherever one finds them and kill them. There are verses which say one should fight Christian and Jewish believers, making them submit to Muslim rule or be subjugated by force.
Now, according to Islamic belief, each message, including Judaism and Christianity, is valid only to the extent that it is relevant and applicable to changing people's lives. So, it was very necessary, logical and valid in that context for the Prophet to apply the Medina message. But the Medina message is not the fundamental, universal, eternal message of Islam. That founding message is from Mecca.
So, the reformation of Islam must be based on a return to the Mecca message. In order to reconcile the Mecca and Medina messages into a single system, Muslim jurists have said that some of the Medina verses have abrogated the corresponding earlier verses from Mecca. Although the abrogation did take place, and it was logical and valid jurisprudence at one time, it was a postponement, not a permanent abrogation. If we accept the process as a permanent abrogation, we will have lost the best part of our religion-the most humane and the most universal, egalitarian aspects.
The Mecca verses should now be made the basis of the law and the Medina verses should be abrogated. This counter-abrogation will result in the total conciliation between Islamic law and the modern development of human rights and civil liberties. In this sense we reformers are superfundamentalists.
I have heard it said that we just need to wait for reformists to reform Islam into a peaceful religion, the Quran clearly states that there will be no reformation:
They are told not to change their faith and kill anyone who attempts to do so.“they but wish that ye should reject faith as they do, and thus be on the same footing as they. But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah. But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them” -Surah 4:89
Muslims tell many lies about the crusades to make it appear as if they are the victims. However, they provoked the crusades and were the aggressors:
An Abridged Version of Pickthall's Lecture, 1927:
In reality, 450 years prior to the Crusades the Muslims attacked and massacred Christian cities of the Byzantine Empire. Muhammad ordered them to and said that any Muslim who dies in the fights against the Christians will go to paradise and all their sins will be forgiven. Once they took over the cities they removed the right to freedom of religion. The Pope at the time did want to defend himself, but he was in a competition for power against the emperor. Between that period of time until the crusades Christian city fell one after a time and there was no retaliation. Then a bunch of Muslim turks came down from the North and slaughtered or tortured to death every Christian in the middle east. Then they decided to have the crusades and take back their land that the Muslims stole.In the eyes of history, religious toleration is the highest evidence of culture in a people. It was not until the Western nations broke away from their religious law that they became more tolerant, and it was only when the Muslims fell away from their religious law that they declined in tolerance and other evidences of the highest culture. Before the coming of Islam, tolerance had never been preached as an essential part of religion.
If Europe had known as much of Islam, as Muslims knew of Christendom, in those days, those mad, adventurous, occasionally chivalrous and heroic, but utterly fanatical outbreak known as the Crusades could not have taken place, for they were based on a complete misapprehension.
Innumerable monasteries, with a wealth of treasure of which the worth has been calculated at not less than a hundred millions sterling, enjoyed the benefit of the Holy Prophet's (Muhammad’s) Charter to the monks of Sinai and were religiously respected by the Muslims. The various sects of Christians were represented in the Council of the Empire by their patriarchs, on the provincial and district council by their bishops, in the village council by their priests, whose word was always taken without question on things which were the sole concern of their community.
The tolerance within the body of Islam was, and is, something without parallel in history; class and race and color ceasing altogether to be barriers.
I am not defending the Crusades because they were fought without honor or morals, and shear corruption, but the Crusades were not unprovoked. The Muslims caused the Crusades to happen by attacking first. The Muslims always lie on that subject.
Again it must be noted that the Crusades were at the time that the Catholic Church as extremely corrupt (11th-13th centuries). No action can be taking as a true action of Christianity since no one really cared about what the Bible said at that time.
No one can really take any action done by the Christians in the middle ages as true Christianity, simply because of the corruption of the papacy. The Popes were the only ones with Bibles at the time and said whatever they thought was necessary to the people to get them to do what he wanted. The people could only pray he was telling the truth. The Catholic church killed Muslims, Jews, Pagans, and Christians. Christians during the middle ages that actually read the Bible and pointed out the many wrong doings of the pope, backing it with scripture, were quickly put to death. Some of the popes were even known to call upon the powers of heathen (Devil-like) Gods to help them win gambles. With Devil worshippers in the church that were only out for selfish gain and not to spread the word of God, as Christian’s claim their mission is, there was no doubt wars would break out.
The Protestant reform fixed these problems of the pope having total control. The Doctrine of Christianity never changed throughout the reform so Christianity did not have to change, but they had to break away from the corruption of the Catholic church. I searched through the doctrine of the Catholic church and found that it is regarded as demonic according to the Bible.
In reality the Bible says:
Christians are allowed to defend themselves if their lives are at stake, but vengeance is the Lord’s.“You shall not murder.” –Exodus 20:13
“You shall not murder.” -Deuteronomy 5:17
“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” –Matthew 5:44
“Then Jesus said to him, ‘Put your sword back in its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.’” –Matthew 26:52
“Soldiers also asked him, ‘And we, what shall we do?’ And he said to them, ‘Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.’” -Luke 3:14
“Jesus answered, ‘My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not of this earth.’” –John 18:36
"Do not say, 'I will do to him as he has done to me; I will pay him back for what he has done.'" Proverbs 24:29
"Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." -Romans 12:19a
Here is link that explains things in more detail:
Verses of Jihad in the Quran and Hadiths:
One thing that must be noted is that the English translation of the Quran has been watered down somewhat. Instead of the word “fight” the Arabic version uses the word roughly translated in English as “Kartillo.” Kartillo means more than just fight. Kartillo means fight until death or fight until you kill the enemy or the enemy kills you.Allah's apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and his Apostle." The questioner then asked, "What is the next?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's cause." (Hadith vol. 1, no. 25)
“Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him." Al-Bukhari, vol. 4, 55
Surah 3:54 states that Allah is the greatest “makara”. The Arabic word “makara” means deceiver.2: 190-193 “Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you… And slay them wherever ye find them… And fight them until persecution is no more, and all religion is for Allah…”
Again remember what they define as “oppression” and “self-defense.”
2:216 “Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love athing whish is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.
2:278-279 “O ye who believe! Observe your duty to Allah and give up what remaineth (due to you) from usury, if ye are (in truth) believers. And if ye do not, then be warned of war (against you) from Allah and His messenger…”
3:4 “… Lo! Those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, their will be a heavy doom…”
3:12 “Say (O Muhammad) unto those who disbelieve: Ye shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell…”
3:28 “Let not the believer take disbeliever for their friends in reference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them…
3:32 “… Allah loveth not the disbelievers in his guidance.”
One Muslim scholar once told me that the word Makara has a different meaning when applied to the divine. Logically speaking I have a few problems with this response they are
It does not say that Allah is the great Makara, in which case “great Makara” would be a mere adjective. But it says Allah is the greatest of all makaras, that means Allah is being compared with all other makaras. Notice that in the sentence makara is an adjective that describes not only Allah but all others who are called makaras. In its basic meaning the word “makara” must apply to all being compared otherwise the word greater has no meaning. In order for someone to be the greatest member of a set they must be a member of that set.
Muhammad specifically gave orders to his followers to lie if it would benefit the Jihad and Muhammad told many lies himself. As a result, Muslims are free to lie if it will protect the image of Islam or the Jihad or both.
This site explains everything in a simple and short manner:
The role of deception in Islam: http://www.freeman.org/m_online/dec97/phares.htm
There is also a lie going around today that Muslims have purposefully placed in society that the word “Islam” means peace. In reality, if you pick up an Arabic dictionary and look up the word “Islam” you will see it means submission.
================================================== ====3:106,107 “On the day when (some) faces will be whitened and (some) faces will be blackened; and as for those whose faces have been blackened, it will be said unto them: Disbelieve ye after you (profession of) belief? Then taste the punishment for that ye disbelieve.”
3:151 “We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve because they ascribe unto Allah partners, for which no warrant hath been revealed. Their habitation is the Fire, and hapless the abode of the wrong-doers.”
3:157 “And what though ye be slain in Allah’s way or die therein? Surely pardon from Allah and mercy are better than all that they amass.”
3:172 “As for those who heard the call of Allah and his messenger after the harm befell them (in the fight); for such of them as do right and ward off (evil), there is great rewards”
3: 181 “Verily Allah heard the saying of those who said, (when asked for contributions to the war): ‘Allah, forsooth, is poor, and we are rich!’ We shall record their saying with their slaying of the Prophets wrongfully and we shall say: Taste ye the punishment of burning!”
4:34 “Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret what Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them…”
4:37 “… For disbelievers we prepare a shameful doom.”
4:45 “Allah knoweth best (who are) your enemies. Allah is sufficient as a friend, and Allah is sufficient as a helper.”
4:66 “Lo! Those who disbelieve our revelations, we shall expose them to the fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchanged them for fresh skins that they may tasted the torment. Lo! Allah is ever mighty and wise.”
4:84 “So fight (O Muhammad) in the way of Allah- Thou art not taxed (with responsibility for anyone) except thyself- and urge on the believers. Peradventure Allah will restrain the might of those who disbelieve. Allah is stronger in might and stronger in punishment.”
4:89 “They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,”
4:91 “Ye will find others who desire that they should have security from you, and security from their own folk. So often as they are returned to hostility they are plunged therein. If they keep not aloof from you nor offer you peace nor hold their hands, then take them and kill them wherever ye find them. Against such We have given you clear warrant.”
4:93 “Whoso slayeth a believer of set purpose, his reward is hell for ever. Allah is wroth against him and He hath cursed him and prepared for him an awful doom.”
4:95 “Those of the believers who sit still, other than those who have a (disabling) hurt, are not on an equality with those who strive in the way of Allah with their wealth and lives. Allah hath conferred on those who strive with their wealth and lives a rank above the sedentary. Unto each Allah hath promised good, but He hath bestowed on those who strive a great reward above the sedentary;”
4:97 “Lo! as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they wrong themselves, (the angels) will ask: In what were ye engaged ? They will say: We were oppressed in the land. (The angels) will say: Was not Allah's earth spacious that ye could have migrated therein ? As for such, their habitation will be hell, an evil journey's end;”
4:101 “In truth the disbelievers are an open enemy to you.”
4:102 “Allah prepareth for the disbelievers shameful punishment.”
4:104 “Relent not in pursuit of the enemy. If ye are suffering, lo! they suffer even as ye suffer and ye hope from Allah that for which they cannot hope. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.”
4:144 “O ye who believe! Choose not disbelievers for (your) friends in place of believers. Would ye give Allah a clear warrant against you ?”
4:176 “unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females.”
5:33 “The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;”
5:36 “As for those who disbelieve, lo! if all that is in the earth were theirs, and as much again therewith, to ransom them from the doom on the Day of Resurrection, it would not be accepted from them. Theirs will be a painful doom.”
5:37 “They will wish to come forth from the Fire, but they will not come forth from it. Theirs will be a lasting doom.”
5:51 “O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.”
5:86 “But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of hell- fire.”
8:12 “When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger.”
8:13 “That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment.”
8:15 “O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them.”
8:39 “And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do.”
8:55 “Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.”
8:60 “Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others beside them whom ye know not. Allah knoweth them. Whatsoever ye spend in the way of Allah it will be repaid to you in full, and ye will not be wronged.”
9:5 “Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.”
9:14 “Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them, and He will heal the breasts of folk who are believers.”
9:29 “Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.”
9:30 “And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!”
9:36 “Lo! the number of the months with Allah is twelve months by Allah's ordinance in the day that He created the heavens and the earth. Four of them are sacred: that is the right religion. So wrong not yourselves in them. And wage war on all of the idolaters as they are waging war on all of you. And know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).”
9:41 “Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew.”
9:68 “Allah promiseth the hypocrites, both men and women, and the disbelievers fire of hell for their abode. It will suffice them. Allah curseth them, and theirs is lasting torment.”
9:73 “O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end.”
9:80 “Ask forgiveness for them (O Muhammad), or ask not forgiveness for them; though thou ask forgiveness for them seventy times Allah will not forgive them. That is because they disbelieved in Allah and His messenger, and Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.”
5:64 “The Jews ... We have cast among them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection.”
I have just realized that a few of the sites I used are Christian sites. I know that there are those of you who absolutely detest Christianity so here is a non-Christian site for you:
Muhammad at one point claimed to be demon possessed:
Allah was originally an Arabian mythological god of the moon, until Muhammad said the he was the one true God of the world. Thusly, the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam. Muhammad told his followers to worship the mythological daughters of Allah, but that goes against his teaching that Allah is the one true God. Later he blamed them on satanic influences and said that a demon had temporarily possessed him. There is no telling how long the demon had actually possessed him, nor when it left. For all we know, Muhammad could have been demon possessed all the time he was teaching Islam. His actions were certainly that of the Biblical description of a demon possessed man.
Here are two instances in the Quran when Muhammad discussed the Satanic verses:
It must be pointed out that the ‘Satanic Verses’ event is not something made up by non-Muslims. The event is recorded by the earliest Islamic sources available on Muhammad’s life. No one should think that it is a story made up by people who are critical of Islam. It is an episode directly found in the early Islamic records.1. "And their purpose was to tempt thee away from that which We had revealed unto thee, to substitute in our name something quite different; (in that case), behold! they would certainly have made thee (their) friend! And had We not given thee strength, thou wouldst nearly have inclined to them a little. In that case We should have made thee taste an equal portion (of punishment) in this life, and an equal portion in death: and moreover thou wouldst have found none to help thee against Us!" (Koran 17:73-75)
2. "Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise; That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened - Lo! the evil-doers are in open schism" (Koran 22:52-53)
Indirect Evidence of the Satanic Verses:
The Qur’an and Bukhari Hadiths
Bukhari died around 870 A.D. (even later than three of the four sources listed.) Bukhari 6:385 (p.363) says that when Mohammed spoke the Star Sura, pagans as well as Muslims bowed. Pagans were not said to bow for any of Mohammed’s other recitations, why would they be so agreeable to this Sura, especially since Bukhari does NOT say those pagans ever became Muslims!
Also, Sura 22:52 says, "Never did We send An apostle or a prophet Before thee, but, when he Framed a desire, Satan Threw some (vanity) Into his desire: but God Will cancel anything (vain) That Satan throws in, And God will confirm (And establish) His Signs;…"
Sura 17:73-75 says, "And their purpose was To tempt thee away From that which We Had revealed unto thee, To substitute in Our name Something quite different: (In that case), behold! They would certainly have Made thee (their) friend! And had We not Given thee strength, Thou wouldst nearly Have inclined to them A little. In that case We should Have made thee taste Double portion (of punishment) In this life, and an equal portion In death: and moreover Thou wouldst have found None to help thee against Us!"
Note that even though some claim Sura 17:73-75 was revealed at the time of the "Ascent of the Prophet", Tabari and Ibn Sa’d wrote that Sura 17:73-75 was revealed around the time of the Satanic verses.
Muslims even have a special term for the whisperings of Satan, roughly pronounced "wiswas".
Racism against Africans is questionable:
I have heard it said that these are for the symbolism of light and dark. However, Muhammad used faces to describe those who will receive Chastisement from Allah. The only people with black faces are black people, so that can be assumed what Muhammad was referring to.3:106,107 “On the day when (some) faces will be whitened and (some) faces will be blackened; and as for those whose faces have been blackened, it will be said unto them: Disbelieve ye after you (profession of) belief? Then taste the punishment for that ye disbelieve.”
Black people are called “raisin heads” in the Hadith (vol. 1, no. 662 and vol. 9, no. 256) and refers to them as slaves, Muhammad had black slaves (vol. 6, no. 435), and he warned that dreams of black women meant disease was forthcoming (vol. 9, nos. 162, 163).
"Raisin head" was just a name specifically made to insult Africans. Calling a black man “raisin head” back then is roughly equivalent to calling a black man the “N” word today. Muhammad could be thought of as calling them ni****s. It is insulting to them. It also shows Muhammad had a lower opinion of blacks and thusly, Muslims do too.
I have done a brief examination of the Black Muslim movement. They rarely use the Quran or the Hadiths in their teaching, both have described Muhammad as a white man. They are actually taught to hate white people for almost no reason at all and that is why the Muslims in the Middle East see it as heretical. Teaching to hate white people is roughly teaching to hate Muhammad.
My opinion: Islam is one of, if not, the most violent provoking religion on the face of this earth.
There, I said it.