Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

Thread: Russia + China invasion of Canada

  1. #1
    Senior Contributor Canmoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 May 06
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,667

    Russia + China invasion of Canada

    Here is another doomsday scenario..

    Canada has alot of resources that China needs, so say that China and Russia team up to attack Canada via the arctic, to take the Northern Terrirories from Canada.

    Everyone knows that Canada doesnt have a very good northern defence. THe land is just to inhospitable for daily patrols, and some areas are incredibily difficult to navigate, if not impossible.

    Of course NORAD would pick up any planes or missles, but the north lacks any system to detect subs. What if a bunch of subs launched stealth cruise missles at NORAD radar stations, effectivly blinding NORADS eyes and ears of the north. Then a large armatta of transport ships cross the arctic circle, and following the North West passage in say summer, then land on the northern coast of continental North America.

    It would not be untill the Inuit Rangers contact the military and let them know of an invading force that Canada and NATO become aware that she is under attack...

    What do you all think would happen next?

  2. #2
    Distant Deeps or Skies Senior Contributor HistoricalDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jul 05
    Location
    North London, UK
    Posts
    2,292
    'Stealth' cruise missiles? What, did the Russians and Chinese steal some AGM-129s? Damn the Americans and their lax base security!

    I'd like to see an invasion force sneak its way that far without being detected, I'd like to see Sino-Russian troops fight a path thousands of miles long through a frozen meatpie, I'd like to see them supply those troops...

    Of course, if you include nukes, then Russia still has enough to throw all of NATO back to the Stone Age, and vice versa. But otherwise, your scenario is a little preposterous.

  3. #3
    Banned Regular
    Join Date
    15 Apr 05
    Posts
    89
    I'm pretty sure we'de get reinforced and supplied by Northern states real quick. Plus we have an assload of guns and educated people. Urban combat if it got that far would make Iraqs insurgents look like cubscouts.

    I forget but there are some Inuit forces stationed in the far north they got some hardcore guys up there I'm sure they'de slow some forces down.

    Northern states plus Cdn jets would stir up the mix.

    This would be a stupid war anyways if they wanted to invade whats the point of useing nukes then. Also If US was invaded I Don't know anyone who wouldn't supply man power, supplies, or vehicles to help. We fight for our friends. Pretty sure they'de do the same or at least the military would.
    Last edited by glow; 20 May 06, at 22:45.

  4. #4
    Officer of Engineers
    Guest
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!

    Son, you really have to look at the terrain. Most of it is impassible and with their long LOCs, the CF would have chewed them up. No, let me rephrase, rescue them from the cold and hungry grizzly and polar bears.

    And the NRB is quite adept at luring those poor suckers onto the ice packs and leave them there. I'm not kidding. 1000 men will be able to kill 1 million quite easily up there. Just run circles around them and lure them onto unstable snow and ice packs.

    And in the summer, the bugs would eat them alive.

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    14,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!
    Son, you really have to look at the terrain. Most of it is impassible and with their long LOCs, the CF would have chewed them up. No, let me rephrase, rescue them from the cold and hungry grizzly and polar bears.
    And the NRB is quite adept at luring those poor suckers onto the ice packs and leave them there. I'm not kidding. 1000 men will be able to kill 1 million quite easily up there. Just run circles around them and lure them onto unstable snow and ice packs.
    And in the summer, the bugs would eat them alive.
    And in Canada, there's an additional problem: Canadians!
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

  6. #6
    -{SpoonmaN}-
    Guest
    Goddamnit, the mind boggles at how stupid these hypothetical threads are becoming.

  7. #7
    Lord High Hullabalooster Senior Contributor dalem's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Nov 04
    Location
    Columbia Heights, MN
    Posts
    13,023
    Quote Originally Posted by -{SpoonmaN}-
    Goddamnit, the mind boggles at how stupid these hypothetical threads are becoming.
    You haven't seen internet stupidity until you've read a thread consisting of arguments about who would prevail in a fight - Star Trek's U.S.S. Enterprise or a Star Warsian Star Destoyer. Complete with energy equations and curves, and pages-long analyses.

    -dale

  8. #8
    -{SpoonmaN}-
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dalem
    You haven't seen internet stupidity until you've read a thread consisting of arguments about who would prevail in a fight - Star Trek's U.S.S. Enterprise or a Star Warsian Star Destoyer. Complete with energy equations and curves, and pages-long analyses.

    -dale

    Pretty glad I haven't too.

  9. #9
    Senior Contributor Dago's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 06
    Location
    San Diego, Califonia
    Posts
    1,037
    Death Star > Enterprise.

  10. #10
    Staff Emeritus
    Join Date
    03 Aug 03
    Posts
    16,429
    Quote Originally Posted by dalem
    You haven't seen internet stupidity until you've read a thread consisting of arguments about who would prevail in a fight - Star Trek's U.S.S. Enterprise or a Star Warsian Star Destoyer. Complete with energy equations and curves, and pages-long analyses.

    -dale
    LOL.....what era Enterprise?

    LOLOLOLOL....what would the world be without sci-fi geeks?

  11. #11
    ? Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    06 Mar 06
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by Canmoore
    Here is another doomsday scenario..

    Canada has alot of resources that China needs, so say that China and Russia team up to attack Canada via the arctic, to take the Northern Terrirories from Canada.

    Everyone knows that Canada doesnt have a very good northern defence. THe land is just to inhospitable for daily patrols, and some areas are incredibily difficult to navigate, if not impossible.

    Of course NORAD would pick up any planes or missles, but the north lacks any system to detect subs. What if a bunch of subs launched stealth cruise missles at NORAD radar stations, effectivly blinding NORADS eyes and ears of the north. Then a large armatta of transport ships cross the arctic circle, and following the North West passage in say summer, then land on the northern coast of continental North America.

    It would not be untill the Inuit Rangers contact the military and let them know of an invading force that Canada and NATO become aware that she is under attack...

    What do you all think would happen next?
    It's called terrain and NATO. If they inavde Canada NATO will send those 2 countries to the stone age (bombing). Not to mention China has the shittiest power projection. They can't even get their damn army to taiwan yet and Russia is poor and has bad training.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO
    Last edited by Shadowsided; 23 May 06, at 01:17.

  12. #12
    Military Professional Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Jul 05
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    226
    Ok, I have a question then. Is there ANY avenue of invasion to the north american continent? Is Alaska just as impossible? My guess is from the south. The north just seems to inhospitable.

  13. #13
    Officer of Engineers
    Guest
    The only passage are a few man made paths including the pipeline and the Fraser Valley which can easily be blocked. It's easier coming from the Atlantic.

  14. #14
    Staff Emeritus Lunatock's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Aug 03
    Location
    Southeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,337
    Now is it Canada or the United States being invaded by China & Russia?

    Taking out Norad Radar would be considered an act of war against the United States, who happen to be the rightfull owners of the Norad property that'd be taken out to open an invasion route into Canada.

  15. #15
    Distant Deeps or Skies Senior Contributor HistoricalDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jul 05
    Location
    North London, UK
    Posts
    2,292
    I think an attack on Canada would engender a full response from the United States, if not out of brotherhood, than out of the big guy's need for the little guy's continued oil sales.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Analysis: Chechnya
    By Ironduke in forum Europe and Russia
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29 Jul 08,, 00:30
  2. Top Ten Chinese Military Modernization Developments
    By oneman28 in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 23 Jun 08,, 06:49
  3. Analysis: Spratly Islands
    By Ironduke in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01 Feb 08,, 15:54
  4. China: Parting With Tradition
    By oneman28 in forum International Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30 Dec 07,, 18:36

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •