Problem with "scientific facts"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with "scientific facts"

The problem here is there is no such thing as scientific facts until after scientific laws have had there way or not. There are hypothosis, opinion, theory, and law. I dont want to point fingers but i have seen where gravity has been wrongfully referred to as a theory (it is the law of gravity) and glabal warming as a fact. More often then not people confuse theory with fact. Scientifically speaking there are no absolutes, even abolute zero is inacurately named.

Typically science starts as a theory that leads to opinion. Such as some one at one time theorized the internal combustion engine would produce energy. The opinion being that a spark inside a cylinder could ignite a compressed air/gas mix. A hypothosis can only be reach after successfully proveing a theory many time in a controled setting. It is a hypothosis that your car will start. Laws are theories that have proven themselfs unchangeable over time. The fact that your car has started at one point in time is due to laws that have to do with the proper air/fuel mix being compressed then ignited by a fixed spark at the proper time. The fact may be that your car wont not start even though it has passed all scientific testing.

Specifically speaking there is no such "fact" or law of glabal warming. Personally speaking i dont even think it falls into a theory. Global warming is a hypothosis or opinion at best. Recent theories on global warming hypothosise that throughout the history of the earth it goes through cycles of hot and cold. It is a theory based on a theory and until a group of scientist observe the comeing and going of an ice age, global warming will remain a theory/opinion.

Peace...

~Tact is the knack of makeing a point without makeing an enemy~ Isaac Newton

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
    X