Smiles, Vancouver Chinese question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiles, Vancouver Chinese question

I've got a freaking idiot on my other board who claims that racial tensions between the ethnic Chinese and the Anglo communities is on the verge of riot. He wants a PLA force to intervene in a UN sponsor Peacekeeping Op (supported by the US) in case that happens.

On the 2nd part, that just something that he's blowing up his butt but what about the 1st? My time with the Seaforth Highlanders, there was distrust but hardly riot conditions. Has that changed?

I'll be going there next week, Ill let you know Colonel :)
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

My thanks in advance.

Comment

I think the guys off his rocker, The worst racial tention I can see is between the Chinese and East Indian gangs and that pales in comparisen to the Indian intergang violence. That being said I don't think its anywhere near the point of riots breaking out, the guys a quack in my opinion.
        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Figured as much. My thanks all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
            I think the guys off his rocker, The worst racial tention I can see is between the Chinese and East Indian gangs and that pales in comparisen to the Indian intergang violence. That being said I don't think its anywhere near the point of riots breaking out, the guys a quack in my opinion.
            Dude,

East Indian gangs?? I heard there are lotsa Sikhs in BC, but what else is East Indian?? Last I heard Srilankan Tamil gangs were active in Toronto couple years back, is that the same you are talking about??

Im going to be in Coal Harbor, I hope there are no tensions in that area

Comment

I call them east Indians because I have distingish between those from India and the Navtive Indians here. I don't know the names of the gangs out here, I don't think they are as large as the ones in Toronto but the gun violence is practically their speacialty. There have been several incidents in bars that they frequent, some well known to everyone in Vancouver such as the Shark Club, where incidents involving guns have occured.

It seems you have to fear your own race here in Vancouver, 2 years ago a couple of Chinese thugs tried to stuff a poor Chinese woman in the trunk of their car, on my street! That was also a suspected gang related incident.

Basically I've learned to avoid any Bar/Pub where those of Indian decent gather, not because I don't like them but because its likely there will be some sort of incident that will occur because of the heavy gang influence.

Vancouvers Gang problem seems to pale in comparison to Toronto.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Ah, I get it. If its not worse than Toronto then I can live with it BTW do you know Toronto almost rooted out the gang rivalry??

And you are off the mark with east Indian gangs, they are Srilankan Tamils. Their intergang rivalry is perplexing, coz the gangs are based on their hometown in Srilanka, atleast thats how it was in Toronto, (hint : Scarborough)

Ok I scourged the net for more info and this is what I got,

Some violent street gangs in major Canadian cities:

Vancouver area: Independent Solidiers - primarily Indo-Canadian members; UN Gang - mostly Indo-Canadians, Asians, Persians.

Toronto: Some black gangs derived from Bloods and Crips in the United States but may not be derivatives of the founding American gangs. Asian, Latino and Tamil gangs also prevalent in the city.

Montreal: Some Haitian and Jamaican gangs:

The Reds - for Bloods; the Blues - for Crips.

Calgary and Edmonton: Self-named Asian gangs FOB (Fresh off the Boat, although many members born in Canada); FK (Fresh off the Boat Killers); Crazy Dragons, Crazy Dragon Killers.

Winnipeg: African street gang Mad Cowz; aboriginal gang Indian Posse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20051..._gang_violence
                Last edited by Jay; 01 Jan 06,, 00:40.

Comment

Nice to put some names to the gangs doing all the bang bang shoot em up jobs in Vancouver...

-- Larry Elder

Comment

I was in Vancouver, mostly around Coal Harbor, Richmond and Surrey. So far I havent noticed any "riot" conditions...

Comment

I've banned the guy from the CDF who made the assertion. I've told him to cut the crap. Instead, he posted.

he PRC government must make it a #1 priority to send all ethnic Chinese (immigrants and ABC) in America one simple message:

"America does not see you as a 'true American,' don't be fooled .... come home to China."
                      I cannot stand idiots who plays the nationalist card and he's an ABC. The joker doesn't even know what China is. He's an American and he doesn't know it and he certainly does not appreciate it.
                      Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 19 Jan 06,, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                        The joker doesn't even know what China is. He's an American and he doesn't know it and he certainly does not appreciate it.
                        Well you see, China is this really really big country in Asia, with lots and lots of people and they've got this great big wall thing and it's the absolute best place to get Chinese food although for some reason they don't have all the Chinese food that you can get at a Chinese restaurant here in the States so I don't think their Chinese food is very authentic....
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The kid did have a point that when Indonesia turned on its ethnic Chinese population, no one tried to stop it. He just carried it too far to suggest that the US and Canada would one day turn on their ethnic Chinese populations.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                            The kid did have a point that when Indonesia turned on its ethnic Chinese population, no one tried to stop it. He just carried it too far to suggest that the US and Canada would one day turn on their ethnic Chinese populations.
                            We wont turn on them, they will turn on us as in the French riots a few months ago.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not but it certainly does not merit a Chinese intervention force under the UN banner.

Comment

Working...
                              X