Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold, frankincense, myrrh, butter cookies and whiskey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold, frankincense, myrrh, butter cookies and whiskey.

Frankly, I think I made out better than Baby Jesus did. He got the first three on that list; I got the last two.

The Original Wise Man (okay, wise guy), Confed, just dropped by my manger, and he came bearing gifts. A tin of Royal Dansk butter cookies, and a bottle of Crown Royal (aka, the Spirit of Christmases Blurred).

Thank you to a kind, fine and refined southern gentleman. Most thoughtful, very humorous and greatly appreciated. Life is good to you when you have friends that you've never met that are just so dam' COOL.

Merry Christmas, Confed. Happy birthday, JC. Happy holidays to all our members - ALL of us.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I just wish I could have made it a longer visit. It was truly an honor to meet you, your lovely wife, and fine family. I wish you and yours only the best, and pray you have a fantastic Christmas. :)

It would be nice to have been able to do the same for all my friends here on the WAB. I wish I could find the time to send everyone a personal message of holiday greetings, but it just isn't going to happen this year. So instead I would like to take this moment to tell you all Merry Christmas, and wish you love and happiness in the new year. May each of your tomorrows be brighter than every today. :)
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Bluesman heres' wishing you and your family a very Merry Christman from my end of the world.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all and sundry.

I got the best present I could have wanted just today - a new job after a long and incredibly draining search.

-dale

Comment

Congratulations and Merry Christmas dale.

A Merry Christmas to everyone at WAB.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem

I got the best present I could have wanted just today - a new job after a long and incredibly draining search.

-dale
            Good show and all the best at the new job. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
              So instead I would like to take this moment to tell you all Merry Christmas, and wish you love and happiness in the new year. May each of your tomorrows be brighter than every today. :)
              Amen. Merry Christmas and a prosperous New year to you too.
              "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

...Just thought I'd get that out before thinking "screw this place & these people, I need to go spread Holiday cheer" in a day or so. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dalem

-dale
                    Congratulations, Dale. I know job hunting is a horrible past time to have...but I am so glad it worked out for you.

Merry Christmas.
                    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Thank you all for the holiday wishes. I echo them back to you.

Comment

Merry Christmas to One and All. And hope you all somehow survive Christmas relatively sane.

Comment

Well, off to bed after a fantastic night. Lt. Bluesman cranked out a fantastic meal, and we had family and friends over to pack the place to the rafters. Gifts were exchanged with those we won't see in the morning, and then we set about wrapping everything else up.

So, I'm getting up in seven hours to watch the reactions of the family to their gifts, and then it's a short trip down to my wife's maternal grandfather's place on the beach for some more family time.

How did I rate this much good stuff in my life? Certainly not by being virtuous and good, because I've attended the funerals of better men than me. Whatever it is, I've got the life I dreamed about, and my wish for you all is the most profound blessing I can think of:

May you all be as happy as me.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                            And hope you all somehow survive Christmas relatively sane.
                            I am incensed that it had to fall on a Sunday.
                            Christmas is my favourite holiday of the year; i don't have to do anything and can just stay at home and laze which is my idea of a holiday. My neighbour, who is christian has spent the last few days freaking out over, gifts (gave me a good one), decoration, food etc.

So I wish all of you luck,
                            "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Frolichte Weihnachten und ein Frohes Neues Jahr!
                              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                              X