PDA

View Full Version : For smokers only

Selena
22 Dec 05,, 08:21
;) Famous brand cigarettes with delivery around the world!
Marlboro $14.95
Camel $14.95
WEST $13.95
BOND $12.95
Davidoff $21.50
Magna $12.95

Bluesman
22 Dec 05,, 10:16
Well, I don't like cigarettes, but I love getting a nice hummer. How much for THAT?

Get the hell out of our board, weasel.

dalem
22 Dec 05,, 11:00
Hummer from a weasel?

That's a lot of teeth, dude. ;)

-dale

TopHatter
22 Dec 05,, 14:07
Get the hell out of our board, weasel.

This will be a pleasure...even more so since I quit smoking 2 months ago.

Monk
22 Dec 05,, 15:00
If those are the prices you guys pay for cigarettes in N.America, you are seriously getting ripped off. The same brands charge a third of those prices in Asia.

Vaman
22 Dec 05,, 16:40
BTW, who all here smoke and what brand do you smoke?

Julie
22 Dec 05,, 16:41
Marlboro Ultra Lite 100's for me. TH you really quit a couple of months ago? How's that going? Eating more cheetos for substitute? If so, watch that belly! :biggrin:

leib10
22 Dec 05,, 17:04
I rarely smoke, but when I do it's either cigars or Camel Turkish Golds.

Monk
22 Dec 05,, 17:21
marlboro lites from time to time. When I feel real good, cigars.

Vaman
22 Dec 05,, 17:23
I used to smoke fairly regularly for quite sometime. Smoked Marlboro regulars for a few years before switching to a local brand - Gold Flake.
And like TH, quit smokes about 2-3 months back and holding up fine. :)

TopHatter
22 Dec 05,, 17:57
Marlboro Ultra Lite 100's for me.[/QUOTE]
Marlboro Lights for me. Especially because many women smoke them, which came in handy at the bars :biggrin:

TH you really quit a couple of months ago? How's that going? Eating more cheetos for substitute? If so, watch that belly! :biggrin:
Yep, I quit on my 30th birthday almost 3 months ago. I'd smoked for 10 years prior. Quit cold turkey: No pills, no patches, no gum, no cutting back before my goal date, no carrot sticks, no chewing on soda straws, no mama, no papa, no Uncle Sam. :)
It was so easy I couldn't believe it....until I reminded myself that I made the vow to quit smoking a whole year before :biggrin:
I spent the entire year reminding myself and my friends helped as well.
So it's easy to quit when you stack the deck in your favor :redface:

I started to eat more right afterwards, but that tapered off because the hardest part about quitting smoking was wanting a cig right after a meal.
So I stopped eating. It got too depressing. :)

Actually, I was just remarking to Ray last night that I haven't offered up my hard-earned cash to the Almighty Cheetah in quite some time now. :frown:

And like TH, quit smokes about 2-3 months back and holding up fine. :)
Same here. Good man Vasman! :cool:

sparten
22 Dec 05,, 18:22
Way to go TH!
I don't smoke, never have and God Willing will never smoke. I have seen too much what it does up close, with familiy friends. :mad: :frown:

One guy died recently, in 65 he took 8 MG rounds to the chest, but that did not kill him, Lung Cancer did.

Ray
22 Dec 05,, 18:47
What is Cheeto to TH, Gold Flake Lights is to me.

:tongue: :biggrin:

Neo
22 Dec 05,, 20:44
This will be a pleasure...even more so since I quit smoking 2 months ago.
Good for ya!
Gained 20 pounds already? :tongue:

Neo
22 Dec 05,, 20:46
Davidoff Classics and Pall Mall for me, though I'm quitting (again) after my birthday.

TopHatter
22 Dec 05,, 21:13
One guy died recently, in 65 he took 8 MG rounds to the chest, but that did not kill him, Lung Cancer did.
That's what scares me. The human body can survive being a bullet magnet but gets cut down by a scythe-wielding cancer . :frown:

Neo,
No I stopped eating when I realized I couldn't enjoy a nice tasty cigarette afterwards. :frown:
Seriously, that was the hardest time. Not after drinking alcohol, but after a nice meal.

THL
23 Dec 05,, 02:36
I had started when I was 16, quit when I was 23, about 6, almost 7 years ago....Marlboro Reds, for a while I had changed over to Newport, but went back.

I was in the midst of making all sorts of major life changes and figured while I was giving things up I might as well give it all up. :tongue:

Confed999
23 Dec 05,, 03:38
I smoke/chew cigars.

Jay
23 Dec 05,, 04:19
Smoked Gold Flake Kings for 4 years right thro college....then changed to Camel and quit 5 years back.

lemontree
23 Dec 05,, 05:02
Gold Flake regulars for me. But trying hard to kick the habit.

sparten
23 Dec 05,, 05:07
Gold Flake regulars for me. But trying hard to kick the habit.
Did you start smoking in the Army sir? I have known quite a few people who did. I wonder why?

THL
23 Dec 05,, 05:07
Alright, I have heard this gold flake thing mentioned a few times...I have never before heard of it. The only gold flakes I know about are floating around in Goldschlager. :tongue:

lemontree
23 Dec 05,, 05:12
Did you start smoking in the Army sir? I have known quite a few people who did. I wonder why?
Actually it started slowly in college, then in the army is was 2-3 a day (since smoking is banned for cadets). But i started smoking regularly once I got commissioned - especially if you are in an operational area, and if are part of a conflict that can end your life then why miss out on the enjoyable vices :)

lemontree
23 Dec 05,, 05:14
Alright, I have heard this gold flake thing mentioned a few times...I have never before heard of it. The only gold flakes I know about are floating around in Goldschlager. :tongue:
It is quite an old British era brand of cigarettes.

Jay
23 Dec 05,, 07:46
http://www.wclynx.com/burntofferings/goldflake.jpg

Cant find the new packet :confused:

Srirangan
23 Dec 05,, 07:56
Gold Flake .. is it any good? Me B&H lites.

lemontree
23 Dec 05,, 09:56
Gold Flake .. is it any good? Me B&H lites.
I find Gold Flake better than B&H, my purse likes it too. :tongue:

Monk
23 Dec 05,, 15:33

Its made in India, I think its a product of a company called ITC (Indian Tobacco company Ltd).

Monk
23 Dec 05,, 15:35
It was so easy I couldn't believe it....until I reminded myself that I made the vow to quit smoking a whole year before :biggrin:

My father has been a smoker for 30yrs, he quit in between for 3 full years and restarted again. So, I hope you will be successful, all the best!

Monk
23 Dec 05,, 15:36
Davidoff Classics and Pall Mall for me, though I'm quitting (again) after my birthday.

Hey, you really mean that about quitting? or are you blowing smoke up every one's a$$ you wily fox... ;) :biggrin:

THL
23 Dec 05,, 15:51
My father has been a smoker for 30yrs, he quit in between for 3 full years and restarted again. So, I hope you will be successful, all the best!
Words of encouragement, thats the way to show your support!

LOL ;)

TopHatter
23 Dec 05,, 15:58
Kind of the same thing for my father. Started very young, quit in his early 20s, started again in his late 20s/early 30s and then finally quit for good in his early 40s. He's 55 and still smoke-free. :)