This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do muslims support terrrorists?

The answer is yes, no and maybe. It depends where the terror is, who the terror is against, who the Muslim is, where he is from etc.

If your going to launch personal attacks, I suggest don't read the rest of this and just post away, the rest of the material is not for you. For the rest of us who may still be reading take a very open minded look at this please.

There where people in America in the 90's that supported the IRA because they felt they were fighting a war for freedom. They contributed towards the Irish freedom struggle. These people where American but of Irish origin, thus felt still Irish and felt the British occupation as illegal and felt the actions of the IRA, however brutal as the lesser of two evils. I'm not saying all Americas did it might have been just a few people, but they did exist.

There are Iraqi's that feel the invasion of Iraq is unjust and thus the terrorist attacks in Iraq are a good thing to them, as they are attacks on the invaders and their supporters. Now there might only be a few people that hold that view, but the insurgency proves that they exist. These people feel that terrorism is the lesser of two evils.

There are people that believe that attacking innocent Israeli citizens is just because the Israeli's are living a free life on the land of the Palestinians where their nation is built, whilst the native Palestinian population is forced to live in squalors and refugee camps. Some people feel that injustice justifies the evil of suicide bombing.

There are even people that feel that the random attacks that Al Qaeda carries out against the western world are justified as the western world is not neutral in its opinions and interests. People are deluded enough to believe that.

I have never supported the attacks of 9-11 or any other attack by Al Qaeda like the African bombings or the bail bombings. I was 16 when 9-11 occurred. Eye's just opened to this world, what a horrific and violent and scary world I saw. I remember watching the news, they claimed nearly 50,000 people had died, I was like wow! How can you kill that many people? The next thing I hear is that Osama Bin Laden is to blame and I’m like "who's this guy?", "why are they blaming him, the attack only happened a few hours ago!".

Then we had Afghanistan is going to be bombed and I was like "But why? that's like a little poor country, what have they done?!". Later on a I grew up to realise that intelligence new the attack was going to happen, they pretty much watched it happen, they have known of the threats for years but nobody has paid the correct attention to them. I can under no circumstances justify any of these attacks or see a reason for them.

I used to support suicide bombing as a young man. The first I was told of suicide bombing was by dad when he told us about the valour of the Pakistani army in 1965 when to halt an Indian army advance to Lahore they lay in mud covered with bombs like human landmines. It nearly made me cry. But then I saw the start of the 2nd intifada through very innocent eyes. I saw kids throwing rocks at tanks, I saw Israeli soldiers opening up on crowds, and I saw a young boy shot dead in his fathers arms. I was 16 when I saw all that.
    I felt against that back drop that suicide bombings could be justified I saw them as one evil against another evil, then in 2003/4 there was a suicide bombing on a university in Israel, I had just started university myself, a young girl was killed, 1st year. It shook my world. It almost felt like I died. For the first time I felt the emotion of an Israeli citizen being killed. It was like, I go to university, imagine if I was killed, what I’d feel what I’d miss, what my family would feel, what my friends would feel, what her family and friends where feeling, I felt all that. Since then I cannot justify any attack on Israeli citizens even against soldiers as I have studied my religion and I feel war without a declaration is incorrect and cowardly and murder.

You know I don't support the war on attack, for one reason alone, the political vacuum I knew it'd leave behind. I have no sympathy for Saddam Hussein, however I feel that a people should deal with their own problems, and I feel that Iraqi's should have taken Iraq themselves. The Kurds managed to secure themselves autonomous zones, why did people like Muqtada al Sadr not take advantage of no fly zones etc and wage a war against saddam? I feel we have left a gaping hole that will be filled with idiots and not leaders.
    But then I don't support any insurgency either. I feel that under saddam Iraq had no hope, if there was no security issues in Iraq there would be no need for western forces in Iraq, thus Iraq would finally be free to do what it likes, I feel the insurgents are occupying Iraq if anyone. I think it's time they accepted they lost the war, and got on with life.

Now here comes the confusing bit...
    I do support terrorist activity in Kashmir against Indian armed forces and any collateral damage. I feel that they have occupied my people, my homeland my past, my ancestry for the last 58 years, every other Muslim in SE Asia got a choice in 1947, we didn't, we got India and Pakistan fighting. We want that choice, we want freedom, and we want to do whatever we like without a million soldiers in our state. I feel that during the current peace process any attacks would be wrong but in normal conditions I don't care. Nobody else will do anything; this brings them to the table at least. Why can't we have a roadmap for Kashmir? Why won't anyone help us? Why can't we have UN peace keepers rather than Indian and Pakistani soldiers? there is part of m though that tells me today even that what's wrong is wrong, and I acknowledge that suicide bombing, terrorist actions are wrong, but what can we do that is right, apart from continue to suffer?!

You see we can all sit and talk until it comes to our door. Imagine if Mexico invaded America (I know really dumb analogy), but imagine if they did, and they took over, would you not do anything to be free? I know I would.
    Last edited by platinum786; 20 Dec 05,, 12:39.

I saw Israeli soldiers opening up on crowds, and I saw a young boy shot dead in his fathers arms. I was 16 when I saw all that.
    Gone crazy or what. U terrorist lovers are good at propaganda. Just browse through this thread @ israelforum http://www.israelforum.com/board/sho...d+fathers+arms

And ur & ur country's support for terrorist piglets in kashmir, well its welknown. So no point in going into that subject.
    Hala Madrid!!

Comment

I do support terrorist activity in Kashmir against Indian armed forces and any collateral damage
      Surprise surprise!! Ban him. Kashmir the original muslim homeland? Get the F! outta here. Kashmir was hindu and buddhist long before Mohammad realized he was a prophet. Ditto with West Punjab (hindu), Sindh (hindu), Balochistan (hindu), Afghanistan (hindu/buddhist), Iran (zorastrian) etc.

There is a muslim homeland, Arabia. Oher than that, stay as equal citizens in whichever country you are. Don't demand an islamic sanctuary whereever you may roam.

As far as you actually being kashmiri, ROFL. Regards.
      I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by srirangan
        Surprise surprise!! Ban him.
        Right mate. I am sending PM to that effect to MODS, u & every indian on this board should also do the same. There should be no place for terrorist lovers here @ WAB.
        Hala Madrid!!

Comment

What a joke yaar. Seeing tophatter online, i sent him PM. But now he is offline.
          Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
            The first I was told of suicide bombing was by dad when he told us about the valour of the Pakistani army in 1965 when to halt an Indian army advance to Lahore they lay in mud covered with bombs like human landmines. It nearly made me cry.
            Nice yarn....In which sector did this happen.

Now here comes the confusing bit...
            I do support terrorist activity in Kashmir against Indian armed forces and any collateral damage.
            No confusion boy...we know your type very well. ;)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

The issue of Pakistani soldiers lying in the mud with "bombs" in their hand is rather melodramatic and just the type of stuff that interested people (civilians) spin to make folk lore and folk heroes about.

To stop infantry and tanks are anti personnel mones, anti tank mines and fragmentation mines.

Bombs, possibly Mortar bombs, because that alone are bombs used by the Army, others being shells or rounds, are more useful and effective if used from the Mortars rather than lying in the mud and holding them. By lying in the mud with bombs in your hand you achieve nothing since there is no way you can activate the bombs. Therefore, to expect the Pakistani Army to become some heroic civilian sods to spin a folk lore in posterity is doing them disservice. But such stories are exellent for motivational folk lores.

The Pakistani Army is a professional army and what I have seen of them, they have not indicated that they are ridiculous enough to shed their mode of warfighting in which they have a greater chance of success and instead adopt "heroics" that are fit for childrens' fairy tales.

These are the scintillating heart stirring tales that are excellent motivators for people to take on jihad.

I wouldn't have commented, but since I have operated against them, I feel such stories though stirring to the civilian hearts, is actually doing them down in the professional arena.

Last edited by Ray; 20 Dec 05,, 14:16.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I think we have had many Moslem threads and the posts repeat themselves in each thread.

Unless it is related to international incidents, it is better to leave the subject alone.

Starting threads to justify fundamentalism or terrorism while claiming one is against such terrorism but then stating that nonetheless such terrorism is justified turns out to be a misadventure, especially since the world opinion and the environment is a trifle tired of the mindless activities of the terrorists.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Yes, there are muslims who support terrorism like the guy who started this thread Platinum786.

Secondly, you keep ranting about India occupying kashmir, what about the parts of kashmir which are under brutal pakistani occupation? Thirdly, why don't you answer for the muslims of northern areas who were brutally massacred by OBL and his group in 1988, weren't they sent by your esteemed General Musharaff?
                  "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by indianguy4u
                    What a joke yaar. Seeing tophatter online, i sent him PM. But now he is offline.
                    Actually, I've been online the entire time working our little situation here.

Patience my friends.

Originally posted by Ray
                    I think we have had many Moslem threads and the posts repeat themselves in each thread.

Unless it is related to international incidents, it is better to leave the subject alone.

Starting threads to justify fundamentalism or terrorism while claiming one is against such terrorism but then stating that nonetheless such terrorism is justified turns out to be a misadventure, especially since the world opinion and the environment is a trifle tired of the mindless activities of the terrorists.

And I find the Brigadier makes an excellent point. This one is getting shut down.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Sorry to make another post after the thread was closed, but I just had to respond to one thing:

I used to support suicide bombing as a young man. The first I was told of suicide bombing was by dad when he told us about the valour of the Pakistani army in 1965 when to halt an Indian army advance to Lahore they lay in mud covered with bombs like human landmines. It nearly made me cry. But then I saw the start of the 2nd intifada through very innocent eyes. I saw kids throwing rocks at tanks, I saw Israeli soldiers opening up on crowds, and I saw a young boy shot dead in his fathers arms. I was 16 when I saw all that.
                      I felt against that back drop that suicide bombings could be justified I saw them as one evil against another evil, then in 2003/4 there was a suicide bombing on a university in Israel, I had just started university myself, a young girl was killed, 1st year. It shook my world. It almost felt like I died. For the first time I felt the emotion of an Israeli citizen being killed. It was like, I go to university, imagine if I was killed, what I’d feel what I’d miss, what my family would feel, what my friends would feel, what her family and friends where feeling, I felt all that. Since then I cannot justify any attack on Israeli citizens even against soldiers as I have studied my religion and I feel war without a declaration is incorrect and cowardly and murder.
                      The picture being referred to there is called the Al-Dura Myth. I made a thread in the middle east or Israel/Palestien section (can't remember which). The whole event was staged, and I found that out from the Canadian media, not the Israeli one btw.

Anyways, sorry, thread closed again.

Comment

Working...
                      X