Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not a sports forum?

Ok guys,

We discuss pretty much everything under the sun here. The forum has a male majority and yet we don't have a sportscenter sub forum to discuss sports. Why is that?

Us civilized folks would discuss Cricket and Soccer and you americans can discuss whatever incomprehensible sports you do play.

So what is everybody's opinion. Consider.
    "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Monk
    Ok guys...male majority and yet we don't have a sportscenter sub forum to discuss sports...

I have heard that some girls... (brace yourself!) ... like sports!! There have even been a few rare occassions when girls were allowed to PLAY sports, if you can imagine that at all! I don't know what the h3ll people are thinking, letting girls play sports.
    Girls shouldn't be watching football or baseball. They should be cooking and cleaning and painting their fingernails or putting on make-up or something. Aren't there kids to be taken care of or something, anyway? Besides, if girls are watching the sports, who is going to cook for the superbowl parties?

Shame On You, Monk, for assuming that only the boys on the board would be interested in a sports forum and that the girls are just...well...too girly for it.

*tsk* *tsk*
    Last edited by THL; 16 Dec 05,, 15:19.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
      Shame On You, Monk, for assuming that only the boys on the board would be interested in a sports forum and that the girls are just...well...too girly for it.
      *tsk* *tsk*
      Well it does seem like I have committed a faux pas. However, I am not one who believes that women should slave in kitchens while men swig beer and watch sports (though the idea seems amusing).
      However, if you would forgive me milady, I would like to welcome you aboard as an "equal" co-petitioner. ;)
      "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

You have my vote for a sports forum! :) I also could do some embedded reporting of the soccer worldcup in 2006!
        >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

Originally posted by JG73
          You have my vote for a sports forum! :) I also could do some embedded reporting of the soccer worldcup in 2006!
          Gr8. Do incld pictures too :) .

Who will win between dortmund v munchen, next match in the league? When is the match, b4 or after the winter break?

Talking of sports forum, its a long time demand, but to no avail. But we have been using WAB pub, asian social disc for that purpose already, so its okay.
          Last edited by indianguy4u; 17 Dec 05,, 11:25.
          Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Score update.
            Broussia Dortmund 1 Bayern Munchen 2.
            Hehehehe munich won, but it was a close & exciting match. Could gone dortmund's way or even a creditable draw.
            Hala Madrid!!

Comment

The first test betw Oz & Proteas is rather sweet.
              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by JG73
                Good idea!
                You can be our official reporter with daily update ;)

Comment

And don't fortget to post images...a lots of them! :)

Comment

Working...
                  X