Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most common less than legal gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most common less than legal gun?

just an intresting question considering most members here are law enforcment or former military so you would know , just wondering

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
    just an intresting question considering most members here are law enforcment or former military so you would know , just wondering
    Probably depends where your talking, people seeking illegal weapons usually take whatever is locally available to them and whatever is practical. In North America you'd likely find criminals favor different weapons over those in Europe.

And if you bring alot of the middle eastern and african countries into view the AK47 becomes quite popular athough I don't beleive its illegal to own one in alot of those countries. But I'm sure criminals use them all the same.

In short, criminals will use whatever firearms they can get their hands on. And in areas that have decent police forces they'll probably try to get for whatever weapons they can conceal.

Comment

Shooting from the hip, so to speak, I would think that any type of "sawed off" weapon would be pretty prevalent.

Long guns are easier to get in many places but harder to carry.
      Pharoh was pimp but now he is dead. What are you going to do today?

Comment

The police use tasers now; I have never seen a cop in my area since 2004 without a taser by his/her side.
        And shooting from the hip is stupid. No-one does it.
        No-one but the cops (or if you want to interrogate someone) should use non-lethal force if the enemy is directly threatening your life.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
          The police use tasers now; I have never seen a cop in my area since 2004 without a taser by his/her side.
          No-one but the cops (or if you want to interrogate someone) should use non-lethal force if the enemy is directly threatening your life.
          Situations change Law enforcement and military shooting are very different from target shooting. the bad guys don't always let pull a knife or gun at 30 feet they get in your face and to save a life your not always going to take or have the time to present and fire. a shot from the hip can save your bacon.

Comment

Sawed off shotguns are rather common because they are easily modified from relatively inexpensive weapons and are very effective at short ranges, which is what most criminals need.
            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Terran empire
              Situations change Law enforcement and military shooting are very different from target shooting. the bad guys don't always let pull a knife or gun at 30 feet they get in your face and to save a life your not always going to take or have the time to present and fire. a shot from the hip can save your bacon.

Well put

Comment

I was kinda talking about rifles. You know, the stuff about te Brady bill about the pistol grip promoting shooting from the hip (which it doesn't; normal grips are easier).

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                  Here in NY only immediate supervisors (sergeants, corporals, etc), and officers assigned to the SWAT team can carry tasers. Probably has alot to do with the fact that it would be quite expensive to give each one of the 3,200 county cops a taser.

Some of the left wing loonies even want to do away with the batons .

Comment

I'm surprised the EPPD found the money to equip all of its officers with tasers.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                      Some of the left wing loonies even want to do away with the batons .
                      Oh my god. That is really sad.
                      I heard something about this guy in Colorado I think tuesday or wenesday or something... from what I heard, 5-6 dudes came into his house, beat him up before he could get to his gun, stole some stuff, then left. As they started driving away from his home, the landowner (the dude who got beat-up) took his "high-powered rifle" (I think it was a .30-06 or something) and shot the driver.
                      Did any of you hear about this?

Comment

Oddly enough here in ohio I haven't seen alot of sawed off's (not law enforcement and haven't really been checking a bunch of houses just of people I know or have seen at gunshows) though I know of a couple. I've seen a number of ak varients converted to full auto and a couple of pistols/pistol sized smg that were full auto without the proper licensing as well. I'm probably in weird area though because a majority of the people in the area I know legally own semi auto long guns. We'e also recently come out with a law here that limits mag size in shotguns for huntingwhich is supposed to be blocked at 3 rounds with a rubber stop that can be bought inexpensively and can be put in or out at most any time. The number ofpeople that hunt without them is widespread and knowing most of our game enforcement officers if you are a local they don't suspect of doing alot of other illegal crap you going to get about 15 warnings on this unless you're acting like a total duche. If you are someone hunting from out of town or they get you for a bunch of other crap then they'll get you for this.

More urban area's might see a bit more of the sawed off shotgun thing that what we do here I kinda think half of the idiots in my area have some ass backwards plan of reenacting ruby ridge if they ever get in real trouble with the law or if world war 3 happens. At least I can't come up with any other real reason to have 3 to 4 semi auto rifles on hand with alot having an illegal full auto and 300-400 rounds of ammo on hand most of the time.

Comment

Oh I know plenty of people who hunt with illegal magazines. Some of my friends hunt deer with AK's and 30 round clips. Does anybody really do anything about it? Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor
                            Oddly enough here in ohio I haven't seen alot of sawed off's (not law enforcement and haven't really been checking a bunch of houses just of people I know or have seen at gunshows) though I know of a couple. I've seen a number of ak varients converted to full auto and a couple of pistols/pistol sized smg that were full auto without the proper licensing as well. I'm probably in weird area though because a majority of the people in the area I know legally own semi auto long guns. We'e also recently come out with a law here that limits mag size in shotguns for huntingwhich is supposed to be blocked at 3 rounds with a rubber stop that can be bought inexpensively and can be put in or out at most any time. The number ofpeople that hunt without them is widespread and knowing most of our game enforcement officers if you are a local they don't suspect of doing alot of other illegal crap you going to get about 15 warnings on this unless you're acting like a total duche. If you are someone hunting from out of town or they get you for a bunch of other crap then they'll get you for this.

More urban area's might see a bit more of the sawed off shotgun thing that what we do here I kinda think half of the idiots in my area have some ass backwards plan of reenacting ruby ridge if they ever get in real trouble with the law or if world war 3 happens. At least I can't come up with any other real reason to have 3 to 4 semi auto rifles on hand with alot having an illegal full auto and 300-400 rounds of ammo on hand most of the time.
                            I have several friends at school who have AR-15's and one has an M203 grenade launcher. I know other kids at school with variou AKs, SKSs, as well as the usual lot of pistols, SMGs, low capacity rifles, etc. I also know a man who has a Browning Automatic Rifle (the fully automatic kind and not the currently produced semi auto) and a 60mm mortar and another man who has an M240.

Comment

I knew a guy who had an RPG. There was also a guy with a full-auto M4, but he was in the FBI.

Comment

Working...
                              X