Hunting Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting Trip

Well, I got back at about 1:30 AM from my hunting trip (the plane was delayed 7 times, cancelled and re-enstated twice, so we left about 5 hours late), and it was a quite nice experience. It's so nice to just sit back and enjoy the country (and I really did, since it was about 55 degrees out).
    Sadly, it was extremely windy out, so the deer never came (I didn't even see a doe). Normally, there's a shot about every 20 seconds to a minute, but his time, the first shot wasn't until 7:53 AM. On the first day.
    But overall, it was a good test of my patience, and a great time to get my homework done.

And I got to shoot my new gun! It's a .308 with a BSA Panther 2.5-10x44mm, and It cost about $450. (My god, Rings are really friggin' expensive!). The first day of shooting I hit a 5" pumpkin at 400 yards twice in a row.
    Here's a pic:
    Attached Files

Nice looking rifle dude. :)

Sorry to hear about the lack of deer, but sometimes just being out there is a lot of fun too
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Remember: the worst day of fishing (or hunting) is better than the best day of work.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
        The first day of shooting I hit a 5" pumpkin at 400 yards twice in a row.
        Congratulations on hitting that pumpkin - I hear those things can be dangerous...Lethal of you are not careful!!

JK
        Attached Files
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
          Congratulations on hitting that pumpkin - I hear those things can be dangerous...Lethal of you are not careful!!

JK
          Lol, thanks.
          I guess bad days of hunting are better than days of school (sometimes; I do like school actually).

Comment

Working...
          X