Choice of Steyr For Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choice of Steyr For Competition

I'm trying to determine which of Steyr's rifles to buy for competition. The Steyr Scout is to small and light to really use in competition. So I have narrowed it down to the Steyr Elite and the SSG 04 (Not there was much choice to begin with).

3 Positions - Prone, Crouched, Standing

I would enjoy as much information or sites to find really good info on these rifles. The Steyr Website is... lacking.

To be more specific for what information I'm looking for, it is which rifle would be best for competition, most enjoyable and comfortable as well as the prices for the .223 (Elite) and .308 (SSG 04).

Money isn't to much of an issue.

Thanks,
    -Koshy

Where are you competing, and what type of competition is it, striaight firing line target shooting or a coursed practical event with lots of running around? What types of modifications are you prepared to implement to the rifle? And, why a Steyr, other than for personal amusement?
    The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Steyr's real nice, for long-range stuff I'd go with CheyTac. They know long-range guns more tha n anyone else.

Comment

Its freestyle, so no bi-pods or anything, its also unmodified. Mind you it would still be nice to have bi-pod for sighting in or if I decide to go into benched competitions.

LoL sniperdude I'v seen your previous posts on the Chey, very nice gun, but perhaps a little overkill :)

Yes, it would be for some amusement and longevity as well.

Also, I'm having one hell of a time contacting Steyr... they havn't responded to my e-mail and it has been at least 2 weeks. I'm not about to spend 5 bux a minute trying to call them. Do they have a North American Office or something that I can contact??

Thanks for your help,

-Koshy

Comment

Gun South Inc.
          108 Morrow Avenue
          Trussville, AL 35173
          1-800-821-3021 1-205-655-8299
          FN and Steyr weapons & accessories

Supposedly they're the US distributor. Hope this helps.

Comment

Tried asking at a large local dealership?
            The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Koshy
              Its freestyle, so no bi-pods or anything, its also unmodified. Mind you it would still be nice to have bi-pod for sighting in or if I decide to go into benched competitions.

LoL sniperdude I'v seen your previous posts on the Chey, very nice gun, but perhaps a little overkill :)

Yes, it would be for some amusement and longevity as well.

Also, I'm having one hell of a time contacting Steyr... they havn't responded to my e-mail and it has been at least 2 weeks. I'm not about to spend 5 bux a minute trying to call them. Do they have a North American Office or something that I can contact??

Thanks for your help,

-Koshy
              Oh they've got guns in .223 and .308.
              But they are indeed best known for their m200 in .408.

Comment

Thanks for that American number, I don't actually live in the USA, but at least its free of charge call to USA, so that will make it a lot easier to get the info I need. Thank you so much!

Anymore opinions on the two rifles I'm looking at?

Thanks Again,

- Koshy

Comment

For the .308, like I said, go with CheyTac. Expensive, but definitely worth it.

Comment

Cheytac isnt on my list of two guns though :P

Seems a little heavy for freestyle to...

Comment

Cheytac isnt on my list of two guns though :P

Seems a little heavy for freestyle to...
                      Fine then... ignore me :) *sobs*

Comment

From today:
                        Last edited by Bluesman; 15 Dec 06,, 18:13.

Comment

Rofl Blue :)

Dun worry Sniperdude I still love you, I just trying to make a choice between these two rifles ;)

Damn, you people seem to know about as much as me with these two rifles =/

- Koshy

Comment

Rofl Blue :)

Dun worry Sniperdude I still love you, I just trying to make a choice between these two rifles ;)

Damn, you people seem to know about as much as me with these two rifles =/

- Koshy
                            Lol, no problemo.
                            Just saying that CheyTacs are better.

Comment

Working...
                            X