Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool watch...

The first watch that uses flexible e-paper hits the stores
    The Japanese company Seiko will release a limited edition of 500 units of their Spectrum SVRD001, the first watch in the world that uses flexible e-paper or Electrophoretic Display (EPD). The design of the watch is similar to a bracelet and the body is made of stainless steel and a black & white e-paper. The price of one of these 500 units is an extremely affordable 1900 EUR. It will weigh 134g and will be 37mm thick. It will be available worldwide in January 2006.

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news...he+stores.html
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

dayummmmnn....

Comment

oooooh, e-paper.... drools.....
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
        1900 EUR
        Bite me, my cell phone has a clock for free... ;)
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

HAH! I can find out the time by looking at the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
            What happens when it's dark?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
              I can only tell two times that way, day time and night time.
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                Bite me, my cell phone has a clock for free... ;)
                Yeah I don't even wear a watch anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                  Yeah I don't even wear a watch anymore.
                  Every time I got electrocuted my watch quit working, so I just quit buying them.

Comment

Every time I got electrocuted my watch quit working, so I just quit buying them.
                    I actually have a nice one, but the battery went dead and I'm too lazy to fix it/get it fixed.

Comment

The biggest joke on watch recently in India was a swiss [maybe swatch or some other Co.] brought a ltd edition watch for some 52 lakhs RS [120000 US$] & get a honda city free [18000 US$]. I just want to know will the buyer of such costly watch ride on such sheap car [in comparison]. He must be a owner of beemer or merc isnt it? Idiot are these marketing mgnrs .
                      Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Is this really a big problem for you - Getting electrocuted? I cannot even remember the last time I was electrocuted (probably that time I was on a date with Herman Munster).
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                          Is this really a big problem for you - Getting electrocuted? I cannot even remember the last time I was electrocuted (probably that time I was on a date with Herman Munster).
                          You dated Fred Gwynne?
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I can only tell two times that way, day time and night time.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                              You dated Fred Gwynne?
                              Just someone that had a strong resemblence to him (in Herman Munster character) so that is how I referred to him.
                              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
                              X