iPod nano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod nano

Yep, I just got one of them sexy things. They are so small, it amazes me how much we have progressed in the past 10 years. And I'm only 17. I remember when I had big, bulky cd players that only played a maximum of up to 20 songs. (depending on the cd)

My new, 4GB iPod is about as small as a credit card and plays 1000 songs.

http://images.apple.com/ipodnano/gal...ryimage012.jpg

Originally posted by giggs88
    My new, 4GB iPod is about as small as a credit card and plays 1000 songs.
    I am guessing you will get more than 1000 songs...I have a 5GB Creative Zen Micro (ZEN - What else would you guys expect from me?) and I have got over 900 songs and a couple of files I transferred and have not deleted and still more than 1300MB of space left.

Let me ask you this..Do you like the ear buds that came with it? I did not like the ones that came with my Zen, so I bought new ones (Phillips) and I like them in terms that they are very comfortable, but when I wear this to the gym (on days that I do something other than yoga and actually sweat before some one pipes in about how I go to the gym and don't sweat) then they are suddenly not so comfortable.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

You know..I hate them earbud things that come with ipods or other mp3 players.

I hate things that you have to stick into your ear. I prefer headphones. These earbuds keep falling off. My ear-hole isn't that big..

Comment

Originally posted by giggs88
        You know..I hate them earbud things that come with ipods or other mp3 players.

I hate things that you have to stick into your ear. I prefer headphones. These earbuds keep falling off. My ear-hole isn't that big..
        The Phillips ones I bought came with different sized rubber stopper things on the end which I like cause you are right - No ones ear holes are that big. But when I get sweaty, so do they and then they fall out. So I guess I need to get some regular ones that rest on top or over my ear.

The kind I have with the CD player I used up until just a few months ago!! You sure know how to make a girl feel old, giggs!
        ;)
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
          TYou sure know how to make a girl feel old, giggs!
          ;)

Comment

Bose makes some great headphones, but they cost as much as, or more than your MP3 player.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I stepped into Bose for a while since it was right near the Apple store. I glanced at the prices and then quickly walked out.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
                Bose makes some great headphones, but they cost as much as, or more than your MP3 player.
                My step father had Bose speakers put into his truck. He was told that they would reaplce them if he ever blew them - they were that good...They have replaced them at least once, twice if I remember correctly.
                :)

But yeah, you are right. Paying more than what I paid for my mp3 is not an option for some teeny tiny speakers to attach to my head and warp my hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                  The Phillips ones I bought came with different sized rubber stopper things on the end which I like cause you are right - No ones ear holes are that big. But when I get sweaty, so do they and then they fall out. So I guess I need to get some regular ones that rest on top or over my ear.

The kind I have with the CD player I used up until just a few months ago!! You sure know how to make a girl feel old, giggs!
                  ;)
                  I had those earbuds; I liked them for their price, and they fit great for me (I have huge ear holes; if you can stick a AAA battery 1/4 in. in your ear, then these will fit you). But during my hunting trip last week/weekend, they finally broke after about 6 months. Now I have those Sony Fontopia in-ears, and I LOVE them. They fit great (even for people with small ears; it comes with a case and two sets of different-sized earbuds), and the sound is extremely accurate. Not to mention they do bloack-out a lot of sound.

And for the capacity goes... 1000 songs will fit on a 4 gig drive if they are 128kbps and 4 mins long. I have my 4 gig mini (coated in Andes Mint wrappers) full of just over 1000 songs, and I still have a 667 meg left. I have everything (almost) converted to 96kbps AAC (which sounds better than 128 mp3). And only iPods can play AAC btw.

Comment

well, i have a 30 Gig 5th Gen ipod that can play videos, got a dozen movies and i dont know how many songs

I'm looking at Shure canal headphones (E3c), but they are half the price of my ipod
                    http://www.shurestore.com/index.html

I have a Seinheisser noise cancelling headphones currently..
                    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

My brother has Shure E2cs; they block-out a shitload of noise (you can use them as earplugs for shooting if you want), have really accurate sound, but the bass is lacking. And you can find them online for $70.

Comment

I never got into the MP3 players because I'm too lazy to upload songs into them, they're very expensive, and I've got too many CD's. Plus, I don't know one person who can come even close to filling up one of the larger MP3 players that can hold anything over 5000 songs.
                        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

I have atleast 16 GB woth songs..... ;) But its not totally English though!! It was collected by me n friends in the days of Napster Dont do it anymore!
                          A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

ahhh the days of napster...

I thank god we have limewire now.

Comment

Kids.

My attic is full of lps ... and if I can find a needle for my record player ...

Comment

Working...
                              X