Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man sues ABC over gay "Wife Swap".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/po/20051122/...ergaywifeswap]

SUMMARY: An Oklahoma man is suing for over $10 million after the show "Wife Swap" exchanged his wife with a gay man.

An Oklahoma man is suing for over $10 million after the show "Wife Swap" exchanged his wife with a gay man.

Jeffrey D. Bedford of Haileyville filed his $10,225,000 suit in Muskogee's U.S. District Court, claiming that ABC Television misled him by not sending a woman from a heterosexual family to his home.

In his suit against Walt Disney (the parent company of both ABC and the show's producers, RDF Media), Bedford claims that when he conducted a Bible study for the Haileyville Baptist Church in his home, his gay "wife" invited a gay group as well.

But Bedford's suit does not focus solely on his queasiness about homosexuality. He also claims the producers of the show repeatedly told him his wife was leaving him, threatening not to reveal his wife's location if he did not participate.

Bedford said he became emotionally distraught, to the point of becoming physically and mentally ill, as a result.

He also blamed the producers of the show from forcing him out of a college class.

Bedford's suit seeks $5 million for mental distress that he claims caused him medical bills, public humiliation, embarrassment and undue grief.

He seeks another $5 million for punitive damage and $225,000 for other legal issues, including breach of contract.

ABC spokeswoman Annie Fort insisted the producers did not mislead Bedford.

"The show is meant to challenge a family's norms. Moreover, the agreement between the plaintiff and RDF specifically stated that the swapped spouse could be either male or female," Fort wrote in an e-mail to the Muskogee Phoenix.

Fort claimed there is no scheduled date for the unaired episode.
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Dumbasses volunteer to air their skidmarks on national TV and then they cry when they get shafted for entertainment?

Pathetic.

-dale

Comment

He signs up to "swap wives" and gets a guy. Seems just.

Comment

That was a surprise! He’s still under shock.

Comment

Seems just.
          So the lovely wife is replaced by a man? Happy? nah, did'nt think so.
          "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

It is reality entertainment TV - what do these people expect? If it was ho hum and hum drum - no one would watch.

Clue people: If you are ever called by Jerry Springer to go on the show because someone wants to tell you a secret - DONT GO! Either someone is currently, has in the past, or is about to sleep with your sister, your mother or your dog.

This sounds like another Jenny Jones incident about to happen
            http://www.cnn.com/US/9610/17/jenny.jones/
            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Let me get this correct.

There is a TV show on the national channel that actually solicits wife swap?!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                Let me get this correct.

There is a TV show on the national channel that actually solicits wife swap?!
                LOL

Its not as bad as it sounds. Two families take the mother/wife and exchange them for two weeks to see how eachother lives. Normally they take people from very different living standards. For example, a very wealthy woman may go to a not so wealthy family and vice versa. To see the differences in how they live and raise the kids and all.
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I was laughing so hard it brought tears to my eyes. Just to see the look on his guy's face when the "new" wife burst through the front door and kissed him hello would be worth a million bucks.
                  Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Just to see the look on his guy's face when the "new" wife burst through the front door and kissed him hello would be worth a million bucks.

Imagine if you had a wife like this

and she was swapped with a gay man?

Comment

Sparten, Not a concern.
                      I have seen the show
                      There are no wives like that applying to be on reality TV

Comment

Ahh guess he should have checked the price tag on his few minutes of fame...lmao

The judge should throw it out of court and say "hey dumbass next time read the fine print"
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

That show is SICK.

i had the misfortune of catching it before the mon night football game last week, and i felt as if i had died and gone to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by sparten

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                            and i felt as if i had died and gone to hell.
                            Would she be a consolation?

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                              That show is SICK.

i had the misfortune of catching it before the mon night football game last week, and i felt as if i had died and gone to hell.
                              I find that most reality TV will make one feel that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X