Aircraft favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft favorites

I saw the ugly thread and figured why not a thread on cool aircraft :)
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

The coolest?
    F-14 Tomcat, most definately!

Comment

A truelly astonishing and remarkable aircraft the XB-70 Valkyrie. A mach 3 design delta dart and probably the predasessor design to the Blackbird SR71. Canceled not long after the first U2 was shot down. Only 2 remain in existance with the Air Force Museum having one on display and NASA still holds one in "storage".
      Attached Files

Comment

That's my wife's favorite airplane, too. VERY cool...

Mine is probably the J3 Cub.
        Last edited by Bluesman; 15 Dec 06,, 18:14.

Comment

Gotta go with the A-10.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
            That's my wife's favorite airplane, too. VERY cool...

Mine is probably the J3 Cub.
            Hey a cubber :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
              A truelly astonishing and remarkable aircraft the XB-70 Valkyrie. A mach 3 design delta dart and probably the predasessor design to the Blackbird SR71. Canceled not long after the first U2 was shot down. Only 2 remain in existance with the Air Force Museum having one on display and NASA still holds one in "storage".
              My Dad worked on them. I saw the landing of the first flight. Definately a work of art.
              The more I think about it, ol' Billy was right.
              Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight.
              - The Eagles

Comment

I still think Stealths are just incredible
                Attached Files
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

And ofcourse who could ever forget this plane..Boeing's B29 Superfortress. To many Americans it was known as the plane that brought about the end to WWII.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dreadnought; 10 Nov 05,, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Dad
                    My Dad worked on them. I saw the landing of the first flight. Definately a work of art.
                    Truelly a work of art. She must have been very impressive to see in the flesh er umm flight :)

Comment

Hey a cubber :)
                      I've got @ 500 hours in a '41 J3. An old guy named 'Pappy' Spinks owned it, but he never flew it anymore, but wanted to make sure it stayed limber, and was maintained properly. So in effect...he gave it to me every summer when I was 17, 18 and 19 years old.

Check out where I used to fly. Click on 'Oak Grove'. One old picture even has one of Pappy's Cubs landing at Oak Grove. I wonder if that one was mine?

Weird looking back on the old home 'drome. I used to fly over at Luck Field, too, and that's where Chuck and Patty Nelson (you might know her today as Patty Wagstaff) operated their aerobatic school, All-Attitude Aviation, where I learned basic aerobatics from them, and Duane Cole.

ANYhoo, lots of good times in the Cub...

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                        I still think Stealths are just incredible
                        I saw one in flight last year at the Coca Cola 500 in North Carolina for a fly over very sinister looking plane and quiet on approach until its turning away from you then its extremely loud and diffacult to spot
                        Last edited by Dreadnought; 10 Nov 05,, 21:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                          I've got @ 500 hours in a '41 J3. An old guy named 'Pappy' Spinks owned it, but he never flew it anymore, but wanted to make sure it stayed limber, and was maintained properly. So in effect...he gave it to me every summer when I was 17, 18 and 19 years old.

Check out where I used to fly. Click on 'Oak Grove'. One old picture even has one of Pappy's Cubs landing at Oak Grove. I wonder if that one was mine?

Weird looking back on the old home 'drome. I used to fly over at Luck Field, too, and that's where Chuck and Patty Nelson (you might know her today as Patty Wagstaff) operated their aerobatic school, All-Attitude Aviation, where I learned basic aerobatics from them, and Duane Cole.

ANYhoo, lots of good times in the Cub...
                          My older brother fly's cesnas and pipers now and again. Is the Cub the same as Piper Cub because its looks alot like it?
                          Last edited by Dreadnought; 10 Nov 05,, 21:09.

Comment

My older brother fly's cesnas and pipers now and again. Is the Cub the same as Piper Cub?
                            Exactly the same. In the same way that all soft drinks are 'Cokes', all tissues are 'Kleenex', and all cotton swabs are 'Q-tips', all single-engine airplanes used to be 'Piper Cubs' to people that didn't know any better. Now, they're all 'Cessnas'.

I never knew just how good I had it and how happy I was, flying that Cub on summer days in North Texas. I'd get a picnic lunch together, grab my girlfriend-du-jour, and go out to the airport. We'd load up and take off, land waaaaaay out in some farmer's field, have lunch, fool around a bit, and fly back before sundown.

What a great life.

Comment

Unoriginal?

Whatever. I think she's sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X